-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s been chatter about a 2020 recession for a few years now.

But....convince 1/2 the country to keep lid on the cookie jar and I wonder what could happen?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of large stock brokerages are democrat. They will play games to cause ups and downs in the markets. Amazing what Computer controlled programs can cause. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
A recession is coming, if the Dems win in 2020.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My line of business people payed in cash 50% or the time until recently now credit cards or debit cards is all I see

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Recession is what the democrats want. They just hate Americans doing well.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's coming alright, property values are through the roof up here..... Wages haven't even kept close to property values.... It's coming alright.....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Judman
It's coming alright, property values are through the roof up here..... Wages haven't even kept close to property values.... It's coming alright.....

I think we got a serious housing bubble in some places. Seems like the bankers, appraisers, and fools with a lot of money to spend will never learn. There was a huge crash in the housing market in Arizona about 10 to 12 years ago. Every other house in a lot of neighborhoods was getting short sold. We are pretty close to seeing those same outrageous prices for houses that happened back then before the crash all over again...Too many Californian and Northern investors willing to come here and drive the real estate market up to the point where people that actually work and live here cant afford a house...If the Feds raised interest rates 1 or 2 more times I bet it would come crashing down hard...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When you've got schitbags like Bill Maher saying it would be "worth it" to have a recession, what do you think those whores on Wall Street are thinking?

A recession would actually only make my financial situation better. But, you can bet your ass I'm not standing on a street corner or in front of a camera wishing for it, to help destroy my country. Man, do I hate liberals.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh
Originally Posted by Judman

I think we got a serious housing bubble in some places. Seems like the bankers, appraisers, and fools with a lot of money to spend will never learn. There was a huge crash in the housing market in Arizona about 10 to 12 years ago. Every other house in a lot of neighborhoods was getting short sold. We are pretty close to seeing those same outrageous prices for houses that happened back then before the crash all over again...Too many Californian and Northern investors willing to come here and drive the real estate market up to the point where people that actually work and live here cant afford a house...If the Feds raised interest rates 1 or 2 more times I bet it would come crashing down hard...

It was everywhere 10 years ago, then it melted down.... It's coming again, real soon...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
My line of business people payed in cash 50% or the time until recently now credit cards or debit cards is all I see

Technology and the push for a cashless society.
I'd say a lot of people are in debt because of easy access to credit (cards) not necessarily using credit cards because they're in debt.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In our area, home prices are up, but only due to supply/demand. Extremely low inventory. Mostly due to population growth coupled with 8 years of Banks putting the brakes on construction loans. Anything under or around $200,000 is under contract in less than 3-4 days
Even if we see a slow down, construction in our area will see little effect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I give Trump credit, instead of waiting until the mechanism of a recession are in motion and can't be stopped, he's already taking action

He was hammering the Fed to stop raising rates and now they are on record saying they will not continue for the year (they had talked of at least 1 more, possibly two rate increases which just kills the economy) and now he is floating the idea of a payroll tax. Just mentioning something like that spikes the stock market

Can he hold off the cumulative effects of a one party pushing for a recession? If anyone can, its him

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
In our area, home prices are up, but only due to supply/demand. Extremely low inventory. Mostly due to population growth coupled with 8 years of Banks putting the brakes on construction loans. Anything under or around $200,000 is under contract in less than 3-4 days
Even if we see a slow down, construction in our area will see little effect.

I've been watching houses in our area - just about any house thats worth a damn below $275 isn't on the market for 2 weeks. Its actually very frustrating if you're trying to compare homes to find the best one for you.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
History tells us that we will probably have a recession at some point in time, the only question being when. They happen, and are rarely the fault of the man who is sitting in the White House, although he will get the blame, especially if he is a Republican.

The Democrats and the media would like nothing better than a recession so they can blame Trump. The basturds don't care what happens to the country, or it's citizens, just as long as they can discredit Trump and the GOP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do believe that if we get hit with a recession, it kills Trump re-election hopes.

From what I heard on the news yesterday, economists believe the recession will happen after the election

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took economics in college when Reagan was President. I thought a recession is a natural mode of the economy. Without recession, then inflation will devalue the wealth. Either recession or inflation keeps a check on real value. Again that is my fuzzy recollection. Growth/stagnation/recession/growth/stagnation./recession. I think we are actually overdue for a recession.
Just like market corrections, I think a recession is good in the long term. Recessions typically only last a year, typically growth is 5-10 years, then stagnation spiral to recession.
Maybe that is wrong, but that is why I always had 75% stock, and 25% low yield to fight off the bad times. Unemployment is super low, so I don't anticipate a big crash, but a correction is wise.
I checked my 403B yesterday, and I lost the value of a nice diesel PU. But again, that is on paper, i still have the same number of shares, so it will come back. I lost a similar amount last fall. I am currently at 13% annual growth since Jan 1.
President Trump had the country working, and that is the real economic prize. Mild recession may be good and healthy. MAGA

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
fake news

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Watch what the Fed does. They're talking about dropping interest rates,...so obviously they don't want a recession."

The Federal Reserve (not Federal and has no reserves) does want a recession hoping that it will prevent Trump from being reelected. They may lower interest rates a little but they'll stop their "quantitative easing". The Feds kept interest rates at zero and used quantitative easing to keep the stock market inflated in an effort to get Obama reelected and it worked. It didn't help the economy though.

Last edited by victoro; 08/20/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The fed rate cuts are a race to the bottom because most other developed countries are already at zero. Having a strong dollar is competitive disadvantage in international trade terms.

Besides, printing more money and lowering the value of the dollar makes our 22 trillion in debt seem smaller ..

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If a person could predict the future, he would not have to work, and would not give information away.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (19rabbit52, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,322
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.