Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
False Equivalency but good try.

Originally Posted by kellory
Your statistics are skewed. 100% of killing machine owners had either a criminal record or a traffic ticket. (Ok, please raise your hand if you have NEVER gotten a traffic ticket? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone? Bueller? Hello? I didn't think so.) OF COURSE THEY HAVE HAD A TRAFFIC TICKET!
Are little dogs more prone to biting? Bank on it, it's their only real defense. HOWEVER, the damage done is FAR less, and a swift kick to the head will stop every one of them in thier tracks, (when they recover, 30' away.) Pitbulls are a much bigger problem, and they do not stop.so WHEN they snap, someone dies.
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.
Now, if it's true that the owner is the problem with a pitbull, then it should be ok to shoot the owner to stop the dog attack? I mean, that the problem with an "evil gun" is the person behind it, so the same should be true of the pitbull, right? The dog is blameless right? Like the gun itself is blameless? So it follows, that pitbull owners should be shot when thier dogs attack. Gotcha, works for me.

So your only real objection is comparing a pitbull to a gun? Well, you're right. No gun has ever savaged another human being without a human putting it in motion. No gun can think for itself, attack on it's own, or display pack behavior. No gun has ever gotten loose, roamed the neighborhood, and attacked random strangers. Guns tend to stay in thier lock boxes, await feeding at thier master's pleasure, and attack only on command.

Good boy.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

...but no one assumes modern bulldogs are vicious killers.

Last edited by Goosey; 08/24/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Goosey

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

you should of showed that to my pit before he attacked me and i killed his ass.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wrong. They are being bred as weapons by just about every drug dealer that exists. Just as a spring gun is a weapon, a land mine is a weapon, a lympet mine is a weapon, they are all stored death, just awaiting triggering.
I've lost plenty of blood to pitbulls, and my wife has had to seek treatment for bites as well. I will never trust a pitbull until I feed it the second bullet.
Last fight was between a pit and a mastiff. Pit started it, just like every other time, mastiff ended it, by picking it up by it's skull and shaking it until it went limp. We thought it had been used for dog fighting, due to the scars on it's head. No, it was just too stupid to learn.
This was the first and only time we tried to help soldiers out in the "dogs on deployment" program. We will never do it again.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Guess ole Michael Vick was just raising and breeding them cause he LOVED him some Pit Bulls. 😜

Some of the dumbass trolls on here need to hurry up and suck start a Glock.
They’re too stupid too breath the same air as the rest of us.
What a waste of fuggin oxygen.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/24/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Marley and gooseshit gofuckyourself !

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When i was a kid we had a daschund. Never once in the ~12yrs she lived did i ever once fear for my life.

Pound per bite. Heel nippers and the big life takers.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sounds like someone needs an emotional support animal. My advice to you is to not pick a pit bull dog.

Originally Posted by Marley7x57
False Equivalency but good try.

Your statistics are skewed. 100% of killing machine owners had either a criminal record or a traffic ticket. (Ok, please raise your hand if you have NEVER gotten a traffic ticket? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone? Bueller? Hello? I didn't think so.) OF COURSE THEY HAVE HAD A TRAFFIC TICKET!
Are little dogs more prone to biting? Bank on it, it's their only real defense. HOWEVER, the damage done is FAR less, and a swift kick to the head will stop every one of them in thier tracks, (when they recover, 30' away.) Pitbulls are a much bigger problem, and they do not stop.so WHEN they snap, someone dies.
Now, if it's true that the owner is the problem with a pitbull, then it should be ok to shoot the owner to stop the dog attack? I mean, that the problem with an "evil gun" is the person behind it, so the same should be true of the pitbull, right? The dog is blameless right? Like the gun itself is blameless? So it follows, that pitbull owners should be shot when thier dogs attack. Gotcha, works for me.

So your only real objection is comparing a pitbull to a gun? Well, you're right. No gun has ever savaged another human being without a human putting it in motion. No gun can think for itself, attack on it's own, or display pack behavior. No gun has ever gotten loose, roamed the neighborhood, and attacked random strangers. Guns tend to stay in thier lock boxes, await feeding at thier master's pleasure, and attack only on command.

Good boy.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Postman is still listed as in serious condition

Animal Control captured two of the Pit Bulls.
The other two got away.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Phugg them dogs!!! Guess the one that tried to attack me when i was out plowing last winter in the middle of the night was just a bad example!! Dam thing broke its tie out, jumped a chain link fence, ran over 100 yards through vacant lots covered with nearly 3 feet of snow and came at me real aggressive while i was out of the truck shoveling an entrance to the building. Busted a solid hardwood handle on an expensive steel shovel when i cracked it hard over the head. Damn thing came back for more so it ate 3 147gr HSTs from the glock 19. When the cop showed up he said good job and promptly went over and fined the now ventilated dogs owner. Glad the dog pulled that on me as the building houses a day care for adults with mental disabilities and i would have hated to see the result if the attack had been on one of them. Wish that breed would disappear!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Phugg them dogs!!! Guess the one that tried to attack me when i was out plowing last winter in the middle of the night was just a bad example!! Dam thing broke its tie out, jumped a chain link fence, ran over 100 yards through vacant lots covered with nearly 3 feet of snow and came at me real aggressive while i was out of the truck shoveling an entrance to the building. Busted a solid hardwood handle on an expensive steel shovel when i cracked it hard over the head. Damn thing came back for more so it ate 3 147gr HSTs from the glock 19. When the cop showed up he said good job and promptly went over and fined the now ventilated dogs owner. Glad the dog pulled that on me as the building houses a day care for adults with mental disabilities and i would have hated to see the result if the attack had been on one of them. Wish that breed would disappear!

Good on you!!! The owner probably needed to be shot too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Question for the unthinking majority, how come we didn't have rampant pitbull maulings 30 years ago, 40 years ago, 50 years ago....100 years ago? What has changed since then?

Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

if you'd have been here then you would know

Everyone is a citizen but NOT EVERYONE works for the federal government. They have their own rules and regulations during work hours. It's not a matter of what the post man/woman wants to do, they have to deal with the bureaucracy. Not as simple as you make it sound. Even regular citizens can't carry anywhere they want to go. Doesn't matter that I don't like it. Get prosecuted and you could lose your rights.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Marley has huffed one to many cans of paint. I hope he loves every child killer pit bull out there until they find him with one around his neck. Dead from stupidity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sollybug
Marley has huffed one to many cans of paint. I hope he loves every child killer pit bull out there until they find him with one around his neck. Dead from stupidity.

Terrifying
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Question for the unthinking majority, how come we didn't have rampant pitbull maulings 30 years ago, 40 years ago, 50 years ago....100 years ago? What has changed since then?

[quote=Cariboujack]Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am relating my experiences of the 60s in LA country delivering milk, I would be approaching a housed making a delivery there would be the mailman kicking at the dog and the dog would be after him, I would speak to the dog maybe scratch his ears and enter the put what had been ask for in the fridge, lock the house up and be on my way. Yes I carried keys to at least 40 houses on the route. In a year on two routes (one one day the other the next day) I was only bitten once. My question is why did I get along with all the dogs and the mailman didn't? Maybe a person brings on the attacks with how they act, I just don't know but do know what I seen and experienced. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by sollybug

Terrifying
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is a really serious issues, i have seen first hand a dog attack and its not pretty...the owner swear the dog has never done such a thing and don't know why the dog would flip just like that...But we will never know why a dog is cool now and 100% aggressive the next day. In the UK, some dog breed have been found very aggressive and such breeds have been banned. i can't remember what year but a hound killed a 6 years old boy and it was really dreadful.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by northcountry

[quote=Cariboujack]Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

I am relating my experiences of the 60s in LA country delivering milk, I would be approaching a housed making a delivery there would be the mailman kicking at the dog and the dog would be after him, I would speak to the dog maybe scratch his ears and enter the put what had been ask for in the fridge, lock the house up and be on my way. Yes I carried keys to at least 40 houses on the route. In a year on two routes (one one day the other the next day) I was only bitten once. My question is why did I get along with all the dogs and the mailman didn't? Maybe a person brings on the attacks with how they act, I just don't know but do know what I seen and experienced. Cheers NC

Mail carriers carry letters and parcels from many different people. It's possible that he could have the scent of a hundred different senders in his bag. When I was a kid we had a chiuaua pomeranian mix dog that hated the mailman, her hair stood up on her back and she went totally berserk whenever he came around. She never treated anyone else that way.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,839
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.