Home
This happened in the town I grew up in today.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/abilene-mail-carrier-attacked-by-4-dogs/
Local news tonight says he’s still in the hospital. Pretty tore up.
They should have to have several million dollar ins policy to own one
Yep.
Evidently these were running in a pack in that neighborhood.
It’s not a good part of town.
Shoot them on sight. Yes require a bond!
That George Hamilton IV is full of [bleep].....
Originally Posted by HawkI
That George Hamilton IV is full of [bleep].....

LOL 🤠
The dog breed of peace......
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I’m guessing the pepper spray they all carry didn’t work.
Postmen need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Postmen need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

Agreed!!!
Question for the unthinking majority, how come we didn't have rampant pitbull maulings 30 years ago, 40 years ago, 50 years ago....100 years ago? What has changed since then?

Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Question for the unthinking majority, how come we didn't have rampant pitbull maulings 30 years ago, 40 years ago, 50 years ago....100 years ago? What has changed since then?

Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

if you'd have been here then you would know
Originally Posted by 700LH

Why? They're sooo lovable! It's like having a couple of friendly, cuddly bunny rabbits around...
Ask any devoted owner. Really, ANY of them...
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Agreed!!!

Concur

I was a rural mail carrier for 31 years. No walking route in the city, all driving and in the country, but I still encountered a lot of dogs. In the early years that I worked, I always carried, and have even shot groundhogs out of the vehicle was I was delivering my route. As USPS cracked down on guns on postal policy, I had to me more discreet. I had a policy about dogs.....if I didn't like their looks, I didn't get out to deliver a package.

I was bit one time.......by a damned Chihuahua. I kicked the little basturd like he was a football, and did my best to kill him. Most dogs were just doing their job, protecting their turf, and you have to respect that.
Whats the attraction to theses dogs? Its all I see people walking anymore.
Originally Posted by Pat85

Around here, they're mostly popular with the Negroes, and are known as druggie dogs. Tie one to the front of the house, and one to the back, and your drugs are safe.
Where is MSM? They should be calling for a ban on those 4 legged AK-47’s.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Pat85

Around here, they're mostly popular with the Negroes, and are known as druggie dogs. Tie one to the front of the house, and one to the back, and your drugs are safe.

They are the rescue dog of preference for inner city hipsters and I see as many whites as blacks that walk them.

One of the things we didn't have 40 years ago was dumb fuggs asking stupid questions. 40 years ago we had at best 1% of the pit bulls we have now.. We didn't have 1% of the pit bulls back then because even in urban/semi urban areas people shot dogs that bit people pronto even in areas with ordinances prohibiting firearms discharge because it was a matter of imminent public safety and not prosecuted. That was how biting dogs were dealt with.

We have tolerated something we should never have tolerated. It is that simple. The dogs have always been unreasonably dangerous, we have just allowed idiots like TRH to argue that it's the owners and not the dogs. If it was the fugging owners attacking a person (or child) like that, They might get shot in the process of stopping the attack with no charges for th shooter. That is still more or less universal in this country contrary to stopping a dog attack with a gun.
The druggies and dealers can't legally own a gun so a 4 legged killing machine is the next best thing.

The average Joe is just as bad. I got bit last September on the hand and the elderly Hispanic owner physically threatened me after the fact. No sorry, no nothing. Maricopa County Animal Control and the City of Phoenix took him to court with my blessing. It took them till December 26 to find him guilty of vicious dog, uncontrolled dog and dog without tags. He got a $310 fine and 3 years probation. Feliz Navidad , puto !

. We have renters next door who owned a pit that bit 3 people over the course of a year. Didn't come in my yard because he was informed that his house would be burned to the ground with him and the dog in it. A lot of people have weaponized man's best friend either out of ignorance or intentionally. Just another valid reason to carry a serious social pistol.

Companies and government agencies don't give a rat's ass about their employee's. You are nothing but a social security number and they would rather have a funeral than a lawsuit. Can't have our insurance rates go up now can we.
If your dog bites a carrier the USPS normally goes for restitution for the hospital/emergency room costs and lost time of the employee.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

They are the rescue dog of preference for inner city hipsters and I see as many whites as blacks that walk them.

Yup, here too. Ignorant, generally liberal females who think they know better, and are smarter than everyone else. That and trash. Same everywhere probably.

There are rescues devoted to them, should be crematoriums.

I hadn’t thought about that. Pit bull= Jihadist.
Probably tired of all the damn junk mail.
Pits were very few 40 years ago and the people that owned new they were bad dogs back then. Now they are just pets.
Really? Please provide relevant statistics or facts to back up your assertions you make.

Here are facts that should change your mind:

Are pit bulls naturally aggressive?
According to the American Temperament Test Society, pit bulls have a temperament passing rate of 86.7%. This is lower than dogs such as the beagle, Border collie, and Chihuahua. A lack of discipline or training could make any dog, including the pit bull, dangerous, though.

What is the number one reason pit bulls bite?
Just like any other breed, pit bulls that bite do so out of lack of training and socialization. This is more of an owner error than a dangerous dog issue. In fact, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association, it is not within a pit bull's inherent characteristics to bite humans.

What is the top breed regarding aggression towards humans?
This may shock you, but dachshunds and Chihuahuas exhibit the largest amount of aggression towards humans. This includes both strangers and the dog's owner. Pit bull terriers are more known for aggression towards unknown dogs than humans.

https://www.creditdonkey.com/pitbull-statistics.html

One other interesting fact:

Frequency distributions revealed that 100% of the owners of High Risk dogs had either one criminal conviction or traffic citation. Furthermore, 30% of the High Risk Cited dog owners had at least 5 criminal convictions or traffic citations \.

https://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/2006-ownership-high-risk-dogs-marker-deviant-behavior.pdf

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[/quote]

One of the things we didn't have 40 years ago was dumb fuggs asking stupid questions. 40 years ago we had at best 1% of the pit bulls we have now.. We didn't have 1% of the pit bulls back then because even in urban/semi urban areas people shot dogs that bit people pronto even in areas with ordinances prohibiting firearms discharge because it was a matter of imminent public safety and not prosecuted. That was how biting dogs were dealt with.

We have tolerated something we should never have tolerated. It is that simple. The dogs have always been unreasonably dangerous, we have just allowed idiots like TRH to argue that it's the owners and not the dogs. If it was the fugging owners attacking a person (or child) like that, They might get shot in the process of stopping the attack with no charges for th shooter. That is still more or less universal in this country contrary to stopping a dog attack with a gun.[/quote]
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Really? Please provide relevant statistics or facts to back up your assertions you make.

According to the American Temperament Test Society, pit bulls have a temperament passing rate of 86.7%. This is lower than dogs such as the beagle, Border collie, and Chihuahua. A lack of discipline or training could make any dog, including the pit bull, dangerous, though.

Just like any other breed, pit bulls that bite do so out of lack of training and socialization. This is more of an owner error than a dangerous dog issue. In fact, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association, it is not within a pit bull's inherent characteristics to bite humans.

This may shock you, but dachshunds and Chihuahuas exhibit the largest amount of aggression towards humans. This includes both strangers and the dog's owner. Pit bull terriers are more known for aggression towards unknown dogs than humans.

Frequency distributions revealed that 100% of the owners of High Risk dogs had either one criminal conviction or traffic citation. Furthermore, 30% of the High Risk Cited dog owners had at least 5 criminal convictions or traffic citations \.

https://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/2006-ownership-high-risk-dogs-marker-deviant-behavior.pdf

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God I love this place.

Soooooo, how many do you own?
lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Really cool presentation...now explain why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people.
[Linked Image]

Must be time for TRH to chime in with a wonderful anecdote about suckydick and fluffypants.
Do not own any dogs at the moment. Never did own a pit bull either. Been around them a lot though and none of them bit anybody, however, if a stray dog came around the fight was on.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God I love this place.

How come I hit ignore on Marley7x57 and he still shows on this page? I have a low tolerance for this after 23 years of corrections. I would like to have some peace from people who are stupid in a NO STUPID ZONE. What is up?Is he SPECIAL? Is his name ED??? Rusty
Do not own any dogs at the moment. Never did own a pit bull either. Been around them a lot though and none of them bit anybody, however, if a stray dog came around the fight was on.

God I love this place.

Fair enough.

"the fight was on" eh? You win any money on those fights?
Well, you must be special as all I did was post some factual information and you have become "pit bullish" by attacking me.

As others have asked me I will ask you: how many pit bulls do you own and why why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people? See if you can provide a coherent response with applicable data/facts to support it. OR, you could continue to pull [bleep] out your ass like usual.

Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
How come I hit ignore on Marley7x57 and he still shows on this page? I have a low tolerance for stupid after 23 years of corrections. I would like to have some peace from people who are stupid in a NO STUPID ZONE. What is up?Is he SPECIAL? Is his name ED??? Rusty
A well socialized dog of any breed besides pits won’t try and kill a random stray dog.

Bred to kill other animals. That simple.everyone one is a walking time bomb. Only idiots would believe otherwise.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God I love this place.

Here's the link to the first stats page for the American Temperament Test Society.

They tested a total of 931 pitbulls.

https://atts.org/breed-statistics/statistics-page1/

Description of the test. There is a video of a dog being tested too.

https://atts.org/tt-test-description/

Personally I have no use for pitbulls.
Position Statement on Pit Bulls https://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/position-statement-pit-bulls

Dog breeds are characterized by certain physical and behavioral traits. Each breed was developed to perform a specific job, whether that job is hunting rabbits, retrieving downed birds, herding livestock or sitting on people’s laps. When developing a breed, breeders selected only those dogs that performed their job best to produce the next generation.

Physical abilities and behavior are both important facets of any breed. A well-bred dog should have both the physical attributes necessary to perform its job and the behavioral tendencies needed to learn it. It’s not surprising that individuals of a specific breed tend to look and behave somewhat similarly. Pointers are more likely than Poodles to point, and sheepdogs are more likely than lapdogs to herd. However, while a dog’s genetics may predispose it to perform certain behaviors, tremendous behavioral variation exists among individuals of the same breed or breed type. It’s also important to note that some dog breeds are now bred for entirely different jobs than those for which they were originally developed. For example, certain strains of Golden Retrievers are now being bred as service dogs, a far cry from their original job of retrieving downed birds.

Today’s pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog—a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head. When baiting large animals was outlawed in the 1800s, people turned instead to fighting their dogs against each other. These larger, slower bull-baiting dogs were crossed with smaller, quicker terriers to produce a more agile and athletic dog for fighting other dogs.

Some pit bulls were selected and bred for their fighting ability. That means that they may be more likely than other breeds to fight with dogs. It doesn’t mean that they can’t be around other dogs or that they’re unpredictably aggressive. Other pit bulls were specifically bred for work and companionship. These dogs have long been popular family pets, noted for their gentleness, affection and loyalty. And even those pit bulls bred to fight other animals were not prone to aggressiveness toward people. Dogs used for fighting needed to be routinely handled by people; therefore aggression toward people was not tolerated. Any dog that behaved aggressively toward a person was culled, or killed, to avoid passing on such an undesirable trait. Research on pet dogs confirms that dog aggressive dogs are no more likely to direct aggression toward people than dogs that aren’t aggressive to other dogs.

It is likely that that the vast majority of pit bull type dogs in our communities today are the result of random breeding—two dogs being mated without regard to the behavioral traits being passed on to their offspring. The result of random breeding is a population of dogs with a wide range of behavioral predispositions. For this reason it is important to evaluate and treat each dog, no matter its breed, as an individual.

Originally Posted by ribka
A well socialized dog of any breed besides pits won’t try and kill a random stray dog.

Bred to kill other animals. That simple.everyone one is a walking time bomb. Only idiots would believe otherwise.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God I love this place.

Ha! No money bet on them as I was too young at them time to have any money. Did see lots of money change hands on Chicken Fights in Oklahoma. Never bet on them though.

God I love this place.

Fair enough.

"the fight was on" eh? You win any money on those fights?
Originally Posted by JamesJr
......... Most dogs were just doing their job, protecting their turf, and you have to respect that.
Agreed, but the low income neighborhood my cows are pastures near had an abundance of Chow, Alaskan Husky/Malamute, Pit Bull and others that liked to gang up and chase cattle and kill fawns. Kind of like wolves. They were basically feeding themselves and living off the land. The owners weren't much into buying Purina Dog Chow. Over 30 years we've eliminated about 6 or 7 dozen and it has been months since we have had a cow chasing incident that I know of. I see the poor dogs now tied out on chains. The dogs usually start by following the cows around and eating the milk curd excrement the calves leave but they graduate to packing up and becoming aggressive toward the cattle. No cow can fight off or outrun 2 or 3 determined big dogs. Lead or Conibear is the only solution.
It's not the breed

Big softies

[Linked Image]

Pitbull attack victim photos

National Pit Bull Victim Awareness
Naaaa,,, hell no it ain't the breed, and the Easter Bunny is real.

2016 dog bite fatality stats
[Linked Image]
Naaaa,,, hell no it ain't the breed, and the Easter Bunny is real.

2016 dog bite fatality stats
[Linked Image]

Hey man, that goose poofter above you says they are misunderstood.

Don't tell me you aren't a believer.

Bet he really loves his dogs!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I’m guessing the pepper spray they all carry didn’t work.

Pepper spray doesn't work well on dogs. They don't like it, but it doesn't seem to affect them like most people. An 870 with 00 shot on the other hand....
Well, you must be special as all I did was post some factual information and you have become "pit bullish" by attacking me.

As others have asked me I will ask you: how many pit bulls do you own and why why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people? See if you can provide a coherent response with applicable data/facts to support it. OR, you could continue to pull [bleep] out your ass like usual.

Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
How come I hit ignore on Marley7x57 and he still shows on this page? I have a low tolerance for stupid after 23 years of corrections. I would like to have some peace from people who are stupid in a NO STUPID ZONE. What is up?Is he SPECIAL? Is his name ED??? Rusty

lmao
Wrong. It IS, the breed. They simply can't be trusted.

No. It's the breed of pieces.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Really cool presentation...now explain why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people.

Super simple

1. Being the most popular dog "breed", or close enough to it
2. Being big enough to kill people

Usually you see statistics which say labs, retrievers and German shepherds are the most popular breed. But those stats are coming from the American Kennel Club and they're only counting registered owners of purebreds.

According to the AKC the Chinese Shar-Pei, Coton de Tulears, Samoyeds and Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs are all more popular than the "pit bull" breeds, so you know their stats are wonky.
sure wish mine wouldn't have decided to attack me after 7 yrs, he was never treated bad. he screwed up though, i was tougher than him.
Marley, you are FOS.

There are many breeds, I repeat for someone stupid, many breeds that are well known for not being biters, and it is quite doubtful that you could find a single example of them killing another dog, much less a person. That is a single example in history, not in a year or even a ten year period.

Go find another forum to spread BS in, this one is notably intolerant of fugging idiots.
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Super simple

1. Being the most popular dog "breed", or close enough to it
2. Being big enough to kill people

Usually you see statistics which say labs, retrievers and German shepherds are the most popular breed. But those stats are coming from the American Kennel Club and they're only counting registered owners of purebreds.

According to the AKC the Chinese Shar-Pei, Coton de Tulears, Samoyeds and Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs are all more popular than the "pit bull" breeds, so you know their stats are wonky.

Ӻuck off hawk, your game is shewing.
Only good pit is a dead pit
Originally Posted by nugget
Only good pit is a dead pit

Not so, there are plenty of good pits here, they are kept in cages and used for holding pigs. Only halfwits let them roam.
Your statistics are skewed. 100% of killing machine owners had either a criminal record or a traffic ticket. (Ok, please raise your hand if you have NEVER gotten a traffic ticket? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone? Bueller? Hello? I didn't think so.) OF COURSE THEY HAVE HAD A TRAFFIC TICKET!
Are little dogs more prone to biting? Bank on it, it's their only real defense. HOWEVER, the damage done is FAR less, and a swift kick to the head will stop every one of them in thier tracks, (when they recover, 30' away.) Pitbulls are a much bigger problem, and they do not stop.so WHEN they snap, someone dies.
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.
Now, if it's true that the owner is the problem with a pitbull, then it should be ok to shoot the owner to stop the dog attack? I mean, that the problem with an "evil gun" is the person behind it, so the same should be true of the pitbull, right? The dog is blameless right? Like the gun itself is blameless? So it follows, that pitbull owners should be shot when thier dogs attack. Gotcha, works for me.
False Equivalency but good try.

Originally Posted by kellory
Your statistics are skewed. 100% of killing machine owners had either a criminal record or a traffic ticket. (Ok, please raise your hand if you have NEVER gotten a traffic ticket? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone? Bueller? Hello? I didn't think so.) OF COURSE THEY HAVE HAD A TRAFFIC TICKET!
Are little dogs more prone to biting? Bank on it, it's their only real defense. HOWEVER, the damage done is FAR less, and a swift kick to the head will stop every one of them in thier tracks, (when they recover, 30' away.) Pitbulls are a much bigger problem, and they do not stop.so WHEN they snap, someone dies.
Now, if it's true that the owner is the problem with a pitbull, then it should be ok to shoot the owner to stop the dog attack? I mean, that the problem with an "evil gun" is the person behind it, so the same should be true of the pitbull, right? The dog is blameless right? Like the gun itself is blameless? So it follows, that pitbull owners should be shot when thier dogs attack. Gotcha, works for me.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...ous-dog-breeds-infographic/#43d703262f8b

John
Well, apparently not as you are posting here. You must also be a mamma's boy as you have not seen what a pack of dogs will do to another. Go get some titty milk and go to bed.

Originally Posted by MILES58
Marley, you are FOS.

There are many breeds, I repeat for someone stupid, many breeds that are well known for not being biters, and it is quite doubtful that you could find a single example of them killing another dog, much less a person. That is a single example in history, not in a year or even a ten year period.

Go find another forum to spread BS in, this one is notably intolerant of fugging idiots.

So your only real objection is comparing a pitbull to a gun? Well, you're right. No gun has ever savaged another human being without a human putting it in motion. No gun can think for itself, attack on it's own, or display pack behavior. No gun has ever gotten loose, roamed the neighborhood, and attacked random strangers. Guns tend to stay in thier lock boxes, await feeding at thier master's pleasure, and attack only on command.

Good boy.

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

...but no one assumes modern bulldogs are vicious killers.

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

you should of showed that to my pit before he attacked me and i killed his ass.

Wrong. They are being bred as weapons by just about every drug dealer that exists. Just as a spring gun is a weapon, a land mine is a weapon, a lympet mine is a weapon, they are all stored death, just awaiting triggering.
I've lost plenty of blood to pitbulls, and my wife has had to seek treatment for bites as well. I will never trust a pitbull until I feed it the second bullet.
Last fight was between a pit and a mastiff. Pit started it, just like every other time, mastiff ended it, by picking it up by it's skull and shaking it until it went limp. We thought it had been used for dog fighting, due to the scars on it's head. No, it was just too stupid to learn.
This was the first and only time we tried to help soldiers out in the "dogs on deployment" program. We will never do it again.
Guess ole Michael Vick was just raising and breeding them cause he LOVED him some Pit Bulls. 😜

Some of the dumbass trolls on here need to hurry up and suck start a Glock.
They’re too stupid too breath the same air as the rest of us.
What a waste of fuggin oxygen.
Marley and gooseshit gofuckyourself !
When i was a kid we had a daschund. Never once in the ~12yrs she lived did i ever once fear for my life.

Pound per bite. Heel nippers and the big life takers.
Sounds like someone needs an emotional support animal. My advice to you is to not pick a pit bull dog.

So your only real objection is comparing a pitbull to a gun? Well, you're right. No gun has ever savaged another human being without a human putting it in motion. No gun can think for itself, attack on it's own, or display pack behavior. No gun has ever gotten loose, roamed the neighborhood, and attacked random strangers. Guns tend to stay in thier lock boxes, await feeding at thier master's pleasure, and attack only on command.

Good boy.
The Postman is still listed as in serious condition

Animal Control captured two of the Pit Bulls.
The other two got away.
Phugg them dogs!!! Guess the one that tried to attack me when i was out plowing last winter in the middle of the night was just a bad example!! Dam thing broke its tie out, jumped a chain link fence, ran over 100 yards through vacant lots covered with nearly 3 feet of snow and came at me real aggressive while i was out of the truck shoveling an entrance to the building. Busted a solid hardwood handle on an expensive steel shovel when i cracked it hard over the head. Damn thing came back for more so it ate 3 147gr HSTs from the glock 19. When the cop showed up he said good job and promptly went over and fined the now ventilated dogs owner. Glad the dog pulled that on me as the building houses a day care for adults with mental disabilities and i would have hated to see the result if the attack had been on one of them. Wish that breed would disappear!
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Phugg them dogs!!! Guess the one that tried to attack me when i was out plowing last winter in the middle of the night was just a bad example!! Dam thing broke its tie out, jumped a chain link fence, ran over 100 yards through vacant lots covered with nearly 3 feet of snow and came at me real aggressive while i was out of the truck shoveling an entrance to the building. Busted a solid hardwood handle on an expensive steel shovel when i cracked it hard over the head. Damn thing came back for more so it ate 3 147gr HSTs from the glock 19. When the cop showed up he said good job and promptly went over and fined the now ventilated dogs owner. Glad the dog pulled that on me as the building houses a day care for adults with mental disabilities and i would have hated to see the result if the attack had been on one of them. Wish that breed would disappear!

Good on you!!! The owner probably needed to be shot too.

if you'd have been here then you would know

Everyone is a citizen but NOT EVERYONE works for the federal government. They have their own rules and regulations during work hours. It's not a matter of what the post man/woman wants to do, they have to deal with the bureaucracy. Not as simple as you make it sound. Even regular citizens can't carry anywhere they want to go. Doesn't matter that I don't like it. Get prosecuted and you could lose your rights.
Marley has huffed one to many cans of paint. I hope he loves every child killer pit bull out there until they find him with one around his neck. Dead from stupidity.
Originally Posted by sollybug
Marley has huffed one to many cans of paint. I hope he loves every child killer pit bull out there until they find him with one around his neck. Dead from stupidity.

Terrifying
[Linked Image]

[quote=Cariboujack]Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

I am relating my experiences of the 60s in LA country delivering milk, I would be approaching a housed making a delivery there would be the mailman kicking at the dog and the dog would be after him, I would speak to the dog maybe scratch his ears and enter the put what had been ask for in the fridge, lock the house up and be on my way. Yes I carried keys to at least 40 houses on the route. In a year on two routes (one one day the other the next day) I was only bitten once. My question is why did I get along with all the dogs and the mailman didn't? Maybe a person brings on the attacks with how they act, I just don't know but do know what I seen and experienced. Cheers NC

Terrifying
[Linked Image]

Most Popular Dog Breeds of 2018 (2019)

Breeds of dog involved in fatal attacks on humans in the U.S. from 2005 to 2017 Statista

This is a really serious issues, i have seen first hand a dog attack and its not pretty...the owner swear the dog has never done such a thing and don't know why the dog would flip just like that...But we will never know why a dog is cool now and 100% aggressive the next day. In the UK, some dog breed have been found very aggressive and such breeds have been banned. i can't remember what year but a hound killed a 6 years old boy and it was really dreadful.
Originally Posted by northcountry

[quote=Cariboujack]Postmen Citizens need to be allowed to Carry on their route, especially if it's a walking route.

I am relating my experiences of the 60s in LA country delivering milk, I would be approaching a housed making a delivery there would be the mailman kicking at the dog and the dog would be after him, I would speak to the dog maybe scratch his ears and enter the put what had been ask for in the fridge, lock the house up and be on my way. Yes I carried keys to at least 40 houses on the route. In a year on two routes (one one day the other the next day) I was only bitten once. My question is why did I get along with all the dogs and the mailman didn't? Maybe a person brings on the attacks with how they act, I just don't know but do know what I seen and experienced. Cheers NC

Mail carriers carry letters and parcels from many different people. It's possible that he could have the scent of a hundred different senders in his bag. When I was a kid we had a chiuaua pomeranian mix dog that hated the mailman, her hair stood up on her back and she went totally berserk whenever he came around. She never treated anyone else that way.
It’s a damn good thing Chihuahuas don’t get as big as Pit Bulls. 😜
Worthless breed of dog. If I so much as see one crossing my property without a leash I will shoot his ass dead without reservation.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Worthless breed of dog. If I so much as see one crossing my property without a leash I will shoot his ass dead without reservation.
I would like to have you for a neighbor.

Your mouth makes you a liar. Your brain makes you stupid.

See if you can figure out what sheep dogs and bird dogs and retrievers and beagles do?
You have to train bird dogs and beagles to hunt even though there are some natural instincts there. You have to train German Shepards to be police dogs as well. Sure you can attempt to get the right traits passed down but not sure "bred as weapons" is sufficient by itself.

Here some more facts for you via https://www.animalwised.com/pit-bull-breeds-and-types-234.html :

American Pit Bull Terrier: this is the breed par excellence from which the other breeds are believed to have been created. Contrary to what some believe, aggression is not a feature of this dog's behavior. American Pitt Bull Terriers have a friendly and balanced nature. They possess great intelligence and a willingness to work. Their weight can range between 13 and 25 kilos (28 and 55 lbs).

Staffordshire Bull Terrier: their weight ranges between 11 and 17 kilos (24 and 37 lbs). They are a compact, muscular and agile dog. While many Pit Bull breeds can show territorial behavior towards other dogs and animals, this breed is noted for a friendly character, particularly with children. They are intelligent, full of vitality and fun. The strong attachment they develop to their owners makes them one of the best family dogs.

American Staffordshire Terrier: they have well developed muscles, especially in the chest area. They can weigh up to 35 kilos (77 lbs) and can be found in solid colors, a bicolor coat or with speckles. It is a generally quiet Pit Bull breed, but they have strong instincts.

Bull Terrier: One of its most notable physical characteristics are their triangular eyes. They are a stubborn but gentle dog who needs the companionship and affection of its adopted family. They are brave and spirited, reaching up to 35 kilos (77 lbs) in weight.

Originally Posted by jaguartx

Your mouth makes you a liar. Your brain makes you stupid.

See if you can figure out what sheep dogs and bird dogs and retrievers and beagles do?
For being such gentle, loving, friendly family dogs they are certainly earning quite a reputation for being vicious killers.
I have no use for them.

Been thinking about getting a little Ruger 22lr pocket pistol for walking/working out and about away from the pickup.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I have no use for them.

Been thinking about getting a little Ruger 22lr pocket pistol for walking/working out and about away from the pickup.

These work well Sam. Keep mine loaded with CCI Stingers

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-sr22r-22lr-blue-titanium.html
Guys marley is a troll. Finding internet info to incite others. Pictures of bleeding victims and stories of children mauled every day wont penetrate his ignorance. He has no brain or intellectual capacity. Dont engage him. Pit bulls are incredibly dangerous as any brief search of pit bull attacks would show.
Guys marley is a troll. Finding internet info to incite others. Pictures of bleeding victims and stories of children mauled every day wont penetrate his ignorance. He has no brain or intellectual capacity. Dont engage him. Pit bulls are incredibly dangerous as any brief search of pit bull attacks would show.

An Internet troll is someone who posts offensive, controversial, or divisive material on an Internet community. ...

Your the troll, as all I have posted is published information related to pitt bulls or an appropriate response to a troll like yourself who probably is a democrat as they always cry, moan, and attack if a view presented is contrary to theirs.
Deleted.....I mistook Marley for someone else. My apologies Marley

Breed Specific Legislation: Related Ordinances

Is Your Dog One of These? Good Luck Getting Home Insurance.

Breed-specific legislation - Worldwide

The dangerous dog debate

[Linked Image]
Deleted.

Thanks JGRaider, I thought that might be the case.

10,000,000.00 / each
I haven't read all of this, but I am sure that someone has been along to posit the weak-assed argument about how rare these attacks are statistically.
Posted By: deadlift_dude NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19
NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

0. Here'bouts in this metroplex, dog attacks have gotten out of hand. We have had incidents where dog packs have attacked and killed & eaten vagrants.

1. My first contact with APBTs was with a couple pets my boss had some decades back. Obedient dogs, good disposition, human-oriented, not overly bright. The full grown male was 75lbs.

2. Second contact was with APBT bred to catch hogs. Again, males about 75lbs or so. Females smaller. Nothing approaching 100lbs. I doubt 100lb dogs could have kept up, us hunters and the pack were moving pretty quick after the Walker hounds.

3. Over time, I came across APBT and APBT crosses in the inner city. As time went on, they got larger & larger. It seems they were being crossed with molossus breeds to get an APBT-looking dog of larger proportions. And many of the straight APBT seemed off, too. I think too much in-breeding. Also more & more partial APBT mutts.

4. I still come across straight APBT in the country. They have not changed.

5. There is a definite difference in the owners of the two different sorts of APBT. Rural owners own the hog dogs, inner city ghetto trash the APBT mutants.

6. Any dog can be dangerous, what with being a predator with teeth. The larger the dog, the larger the potential danger. And purposeful breeding matters, too. Yes, particular dog breeds have particular dispositions.
Our late, lamented 45lb GSP female tore up an illegal alien who was menacing our toddler daughter. The mojado had to work at it, but finally managed to get her protective instincts and the results were a bloody, bloody mess. Were our GSP an APBT, the mojado likely would have died if we had not trained it to end an attack.

7. So, yeah,it takes both the owners and the dogs. Ghetto trash with vicious Pekinese will cause less tragedy than ghetto trash with vicious APBT.

8. Very much like firearms. A responsible owner with a rifle chambered in .50BMG is a threat to no one. Not too many long distance shooters of .50BMG have been convicted of murder whilst using their .50BMG rifles.

9. On the other hand, ghetto trash murder each other all the time with commonly available firearms much less powerful than .50BMG. Matter of fact, one particular slice of ghetto trash (6% of the population) is responsible for 50% of murders in the USA.

10. The analogy is not perfect, as firearms are inanimate, while dogs are animate, with particular breed dispositions.

11. One thing that IS analogous is that the number and rate of incidences of both murder and APBT attacks track one another over both time and space: Disproportionately in ghettos with the implement (gun/APBT) owned by ghetto trash.

12. And dangfool hipster SJW goofballs (as with so many other issues) excuse the ghetto trash, then spend their time and everyone else's money cleaning up ghetto trash messes. To include adopting stray APBT and APBT crosses. The SJW fool gets to virtue signal their belief that every race is the same and that every dog breed is the same by adopting one of these mis-bred monsters and "raising it up right." And many times the APBT mauls its SJW savior or the ghetto trash rapes/murders the gentrify-er.

13. One can ignore reality, but one can not ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

14. In the end, we have dogs or firearms, which (if misused or not controlled) can cause serious damage and death. And a sub-population that disproportionately misuses both, to the detriment of everyone.

15. This is a problem that calls for addressing the root cause. Go after the APBT, the ghetto trash switch to some molossus breed. Just like ghetto trash once mis-bred doberman and German Shepherd dogs. Stupid games of whack-a-mole/breed.

16. So which truly is the root cause?.

17. In the end, The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return.

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_copybook.htm
The Gods of the Copybook Headings

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
I didn't read it...

Kill em all.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I haven't read all of this, but I am sure that someone has been along to posit the weak-assed argument about how rare these attacks are statistically.

Lord forfend we keep folk from commenting before they know what has transpired!

FTR, they are rare, though much more common than what we saw in the mid 20th century..

That is not "weak." Those of us not innumerate call that "reality."
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19

An Internet troll is someone who posts offensive, controversial, or divisive material on an Internet community. ...

Your the troll, as all I have posted is published information related to pitt bulls or an appropriate response to a troll like yourself who probably is a democrat as they always cry, moan, and attack if a view presented is contrary to theirs.

I have always felt like the breed attracts marginally literate types, and this post confirms it.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I didn't read it...

Kill em all.

HP Lovecraft fan?

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
----H. P. Lovecraft
Posted By: joken2 Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19

With 'No-kill' rescue organizations and county / city animal control agencies staying pretty much maxed out nowadays with an inordinately high percentage of pit-bull, pit-bull type breeds and mixes thereof, add in their overly optimistic, glorified 'sales-pitch' descriptions of individual dogs (often omitting/misrepresenting probable breed mixes, and sometimes even temperament, past history, etc., too) attempting to get them adopted, plus pit-bull lover groups singing their praises, not all that many are winding up with, "irresponsible ghetto thug", type owners anymore.
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I didn't read it...

Kill em all.

HP Lovecraft fan?

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
----H. P. Lovecraft

I've read enough, no need for more.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19

3. Over time, I came across APBT and APBT crosses in the inner city. As time went on, they got larger & larger.

I've noticed that also. I've seen several that have the bodies of large, muscular Rottweilers with heads that resemble Pits.
Posted By: krupp Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by Bristoe

3. Over time, I came across APBT and APBT crosses in the inner city. As time went on, they got larger & larger.

I've noticed that also. I've seen several that have the bodies of large, muscular Rottweilers with heads that resemble Pits.

I have encountered several mutations that you refer to also. 2 were in the back of a large 4 door sedan they took up every inch of seat space and practically touched the car's ceiling. The zombies of the dog world.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by krupp

I have encountered several mutations that you refer to also. 2 were in the back of a large 4 door sedan they took up every inch of seat space and practically touched the car's ceiling. The zombies of the dog world.

Uruk-hai for those familiar with Tolkien.
Posted By: joken2 Re: NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - 08/27/19

Back when Dobermans were the big badazz 'in-breed' to own rage, a now long gone area pet shop started selling an uncommonly huge version of what they alleged to be pure pedigreed Doberman pups and older dogs at premium prices. After selling several it was discovered that they were indeed not at all of pure Doberman bloodlines, nor legal pedigreed, but Rott / Doberman crosses with counterfeit registration papers. They denied that they had prior knowledge but went completely out of business not long after.

Update:
The Postman got discharged from the Hospital today.

The dogs owner claims they “forgot” to shut their front door and their dogs got out “accidentally”

Hope he sues the schitt out of them.

The city “quarantined” the dogs. Hope they put those fuqkers down. 😡
6.5% of the dog population, responsible for 66% of dog bite fatalities. Defend em if you want but the numbers are hard to argue with.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php
© 24hourcampfire