Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It’s a damn good thing Chihuahuas don’t get as big as Pit Bulls. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Worthless breed of dog. If I so much as see one crossing my property without a leash I will shoot his ass dead without reservation.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Worthless breed of dog. If I so much as see one crossing my property without a leash I will shoot his ass dead without reservation.
I would like to have you for a neighbor.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by kellory
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

...but no one assumes modern bulldogs are vicious killers.

Your mouth makes you a liar. Your brain makes you stupid.

See if you can figure out what sheep dogs and bird dogs and retrievers and beagles do?

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/25/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You have to train bird dogs and beagles to hunt even though there are some natural instincts there. You have to train German Shepards to be police dogs as well. Sure you can attempt to get the right traits passed down but not sure "bred as weapons" is sufficient by itself.

Here some more facts for you via https://www.animalwised.com/pit-bull-breeds-and-types-234.html :

American Pit Bull Terrier: this is the breed par excellence from which the other breeds are believed to have been created. Contrary to what some believe, aggression is not a feature of this dog's behavior. American Pitt Bull Terriers have a friendly and balanced nature. They possess great intelligence and a willingness to work. Their weight can range between 13 and 25 kilos (28 and 55 lbs).

Staffordshire Bull Terrier: their weight ranges between 11 and 17 kilos (24 and 37 lbs). They are a compact, muscular and agile dog. While many Pit Bull breeds can show territorial behavior towards other dogs and animals, this breed is noted for a friendly character, particularly with children. They are intelligent, full of vitality and fun. The strong attachment they develop to their owners makes them one of the best family dogs.

American Staffordshire Terrier: they have well developed muscles, especially in the chest area. They can weigh up to 35 kilos (77 lbs) and can be found in solid colors, a bicolor coat or with speckles. It is a generally quiet Pit Bull breed, but they have strong instincts.

Bull Terrier: One of its most notable physical characteristics are their triangular eyes. They are a stubborn but gentle dog who needs the companionship and affection of its adopted family. They are brave and spirited, reaching up to 35 kilos (77 lbs) in weight.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by kellory
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

...but no one assumes modern bulldogs are vicious killers.

Your mouth makes you a liar. Your brain makes you stupid.

See if you can figure out what sheep dogs and bird dogs and retrievers and beagles do?

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For being such gentle, loving, friendly family dogs they are certainly earning quite a reputation for being vicious killers.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no use for them.

Been thinking about getting a little Ruger 22lr pocket pistol for walking/working out and about away from the pickup.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I have no use for them.

Been thinking about getting a little Ruger 22lr pocket pistol for walking/working out and about away from the pickup.

These work well Sam. Keep mine loaded with CCI Stingers

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-sr22r-22lr-blue-titanium.html

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Guys marley is a troll. Finding internet info to incite others. Pictures of bleeding victims and stories of children mauled every day wont penetrate his ignorance. He has no brain or intellectual capacity. Dont engage him. Pit bulls are incredibly dangerous as any brief search of pit bull attacks would show.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sollybug
Guys marley is a troll. Finding internet info to incite others. Pictures of bleeding victims and stories of children mauled every day wont penetrate his ignorance. He has no brain or intellectual capacity. Dont engage him. Pit bulls are incredibly dangerous as any brief search of pit bull attacks would show.

An Internet troll is someone who posts offensive, controversial, or divisive material on an Internet community. ...

Your the troll, as all I have posted is published information related to pitt bulls or an appropriate response to a troll like yourself who probably is a democrat as they always cry, moan, and attack if a view presented is contrary to theirs.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Deleted.....I mistook Marley for someone else. My apologies Marley

Last edited by JGRaider; 08/26/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Deleted.

Thanks JGRaider, I thought that might be the case.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 08/26/19.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
They should have to have several million dollar ins policy to own one

10,000,000.00 / each

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't read all of this, but I am sure that someone has been along to posit the weak-assed argument about how rare these attacks are statistically.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

0. Here'bouts in this metroplex, dog attacks have gotten out of hand. We have had incidents where dog packs have attacked and killed & eaten vagrants.

1. My first contact with APBTs was with a couple pets my boss had some decades back. Obedient dogs, good disposition, human-oriented, not overly bright. The full grown male was 75lbs.

2. Second contact was with APBT bred to catch hogs. Again, males about 75lbs or so. Females smaller. Nothing approaching 100lbs. I doubt 100lb dogs could have kept up, us hunters and the pack were moving pretty quick after the Walker hounds.

3. Over time, I came across APBT and APBT crosses in the inner city. As time went on, they got larger & larger. It seems they were being crossed with molossus breeds to get an APBT-looking dog of larger proportions. And many of the straight APBT seemed off, too. I think too much in-breeding. Also more & more partial APBT mutts.

4. I still come across straight APBT in the country. They have not changed.

5. There is a definite difference in the owners of the two different sorts of APBT. Rural owners own the hog dogs, inner city ghetto trash the APBT mutants.

6. Any dog can be dangerous, what with being a predator with teeth. The larger the dog, the larger the potential danger. And purposeful breeding matters, too. Yes, particular dog breeds have particular dispositions.
Our late, lamented 45lb GSP female tore up an illegal alien who was menacing our toddler daughter. The mojado had to work at it, but finally managed to get her protective instincts and the results were a bloody, bloody mess. Were our GSP an APBT, the mojado likely would have died if we had not trained it to end an attack.

7. So, yeah,it takes both the owners and the dogs. Ghetto trash with vicious Pekinese will cause less tragedy than ghetto trash with vicious APBT.

8. Very much like firearms. A responsible owner with a rifle chambered in .50BMG is a threat to no one. Not too many long distance shooters of .50BMG have been convicted of murder whilst using their .50BMG rifles.

9. On the other hand, ghetto trash murder each other all the time with commonly available firearms much less powerful than .50BMG. Matter of fact, one particular slice of ghetto trash (6% of the population) is responsible for 50% of murders in the USA.

10. The analogy is not perfect, as firearms are inanimate, while dogs are animate, with particular breed dispositions.

11. One thing that IS analogous is that the number and rate of incidences of both murder and APBT attacks track one another over both time and space: Disproportionately in ghettos with the implement (gun/APBT) owned by ghetto trash.

12. And dangfool hipster SJW goofballs (as with so many other issues) excuse the ghetto trash, then spend their time and everyone else's money cleaning up ghetto trash messes. To include adopting stray APBT and APBT crosses. The SJW fool gets to virtue signal their belief that every race is the same and that every dog breed is the same by adopting one of these mis-bred monsters and "raising it up right." And many times the APBT mauls its SJW savior or the ghetto trash rapes/murders the gentrify-er.

13. One can ignore reality, but one can not ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

14. In the end, we have dogs or firearms, which (if misused or not controlled) can cause serious damage and death. And a sub-population that disproportionately misuses both, to the detriment of everyone.

15. This is a problem that calls for addressing the root cause. Go after the APBT, the ghetto trash switch to some molossus breed. Just like ghetto trash once mis-bred doberman and German Shepherd dogs. Stupid games of whack-a-mole/breed.

16. So which truly is the root cause?.

17. In the end, The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return.

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_copybook.htm
The Gods of the Copybook Headings

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I didn't read it...

Kill em all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I haven't read all of this, but I am sure that someone has been along to posit the weak-assed argument about how rare these attacks are statistically.

Lord forfend we keep folk from commenting before they know what has transpired!

FTR, they are rare, though much more common than what we saw in the mid 20th century..

That is not "weak." Those of us not innumerate call that "reality."

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Marley7x57

An Internet troll is someone who posts offensive, controversial, or divisive material on an Internet community. ...

Your the troll, as all I have posted is published information related to pitt bulls or an appropriate response to a troll like yourself who probably is a democrat as they always cry, moan, and attack if a view presented is contrary to theirs.

I have always felt like the breed attracts marginally literate types, and this post confirms it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I didn't read it...

Kill em all.

HP Lovecraft fan?

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
----H. P. Lovecraft

Regards,

deadlift_dude
----Fred Rogers
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

224 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,994
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.