Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I got a pitbull so she kills them and I bury them in the back yard..........

LMAO!

You should, considering yours cringed when my 5 month old Dachshund attacked him tonight. And later accepted a French kiss from the little terror.

Them pit bull/mixes are real bad-asses....

Typical with what I have seen with Dachshunds and big dogs.. Big dogs are probably thinking, "WTF- I can't bite the little bastard, he's too smal!"

Last edited by las; 08/25/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My chocolate lab is pretty vicious with strangers. She'll hold em down and lick em to death.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had a 120# yellow labrador when I was a kid and mom would invite a lot of her lady friends over to the house. Being that large, he was intimidating but friendly as all get out. I always wanted to be there when mom opened the door because McGregor would put his cold wet nose up under their dresses and I loved to watch those snooty society women come unglued. "Bad dog, bad dog, terrible animal, he shouldn't do that".... Until next time as I stifled a smile.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our youngest 4 year old dog is overly friendly to everyone, our 13 old year dog barks at strangers when they try to be friendly with her, she settles down when I tell folks to just ignore her and they do.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My dog can't hold her "licker".

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drents tend to be rather vocal, so strangers get enthusiastically barked at until I tell them to settle down. Kids get loved on, until they poke a finger in their eye (ear, nose, rear end...) and then they get a very educational snarl. After introductions, it's their job to make sure strangers leave covered in their fair share of dog hair.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My old black Lab is king, guardian, and protector of his domain, truck, and Mom. I think a recessive Mastiff gene surfaced. He doesn’t like messicans, blacks, ragheads, and other garden variety uddens either. He will bite your ass if you get near Mom or approach the duck blind while he’s guarding the lunch bucket. I’m going to miss him when he passes over the rainbow bridge.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We had a birthday party tonight for grandson Gilbert. Lots of people, we kept our dog Lilly on a leash.

How does your dog take to strange people?

He is the MOST social GSD in the world....he's good with almost everyone. If he shows signs of not liking them I trust him implicitly and stay the hell away from them.

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We have a mini Aussie that alerts, kind of an anxiety bark but if you toss one her toys you will be friends for life. She growled at one guy 2 camp spots over as soon as she saw him. It was a growl we never heard before or since. That guy got arrested the next day in camp for DV. Somehow she new a turd when she saw him. She is stranger shy but never aggressive.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smarquez
We have a mini Aussie that alerts, kind of an anxiety bark but if you toss one her toys you will be friends for life. She growled at one guy 2 camp spots over as soon as she saw him. It was a growl we never heard before or since. That guy got arrested the next day in camp for DV. Somehow she new a turd when she saw him. She is stranger shy but never aggressive.

As mentioned in my post above: Trust The Dog implicitly!

Mine has only reacted twice, and on both occasions they were certifiable schitt bags....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
No dogs here!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well Paul, methinks we well meet at a neutral place should we ever get together. laugh

We work as a team. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have two setters. I told them if you see something say something. And they do. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
It all depends, sometimes there are people we introduce to our dogs, people we trust and want to feel comfortable coming to the house...but if we are having a party, we always keep him leased.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is security around our place. Nobody messes with anything. When you drive up, if you're in a car, she stands flat foot and looks you in the eye, while barking and the hair standing up on her back. When we go out and tell her it's ok, she'll shut up, but stand off to the side and watch you like a hawk. When Dad is selling fish, she lays within a step or two of him and watches everyone. When someone steps close to Dad (shaking hands or paying him) she gets between them, right at Dad's feet.

[Linked Image]

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Duke had a big day today.

3 strangers showed up at the house and the yard. They are all gone now.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Our 2 labs and our German Shorthair are SUPER sweet and love people. They’re extremely well socialized to people and other pets, they also have good manners because I hate jumping and other behaviors that happens when dogs get excited or distracted. I forgot their leashes one time several years ago when we just had the 1 lab and the Shorthair and we were spending a couple of nights in a hotel. I walked through those hallways and when I stopped they sat, when I walked they were step for step half a step behind me. I never needed a leash and they ignored other animals. I received many compliments about their good behavior and several people thought they were service dogs.

I pride myself in having good, gentle and faithful dogs because life’s too short to spend yelling at a poorly trained dog.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My last surviving dog is 3.5 lbs of chain lightning, a Chihuahua, but at 15 yrs old she has turned honey-badger. she just don;t care any more
LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
Mine wants to be friends with everyone. She's never taken an aggressive or threatening posture with anyone.

Mine too ..... Usually goes in head first and then does a 180 for the compulsory butt scratch.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,262
Posts18,486,476
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.