Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Man, I am striking out this year. That grill and those cameras are smoking deals.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Getting ready to leave on a road trip through Tennessee to hit the Walmarts. Hate to pay that damned 10% sales tax, but they are showing up on Brickseek as the only ones who have what I'm looking for. I need to get a pic of slumlord and renegade, so I'll know what the competition looks like, in case I see them there. So, slum and renny, if you see an old man wearing a CPS cap, accompanied by a good looking blonde, it could be me. Give me holler if you do.

It’ll be easy to spot a good looking blond in Walmart. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Getting ready to leave on a road trip through Tennessee to hit the Walmarts. Hate to pay that damned 10% sales tax, but they are showing up on Brickseek as the only ones who have what I'm looking for. I need to get a pic of slumlord and renegade, so I'll know what the competition looks like, in case I see them there. So, slum and renny, if you see an old man wearing a CPS cap, accompanied by a good looking blonde, it could be me. Give me holler if you do.

We hit up the one near 101st Airborne pky again this morn in the rain.

Ginger fellow working there seemed sincere in his naïveté.

Nonetheless, he smelled like he'd been hosed down tom cat whizz. Gawd sick sick eek crazy
Had to keep 10ft back.

Said the crossbows were full price. 20 mins of back and forth and finally started to gag and dry heave, felt like I was in a time tunnel of funk.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Man, I am striking out this year. That grill and those cameras are smoking deals.

I can't catch one of them cameras for 200 miles. I've cloverleafed a random quilt of 40-50 stores. Just nothing.

I already own that grill so I haven't even plugged it into a search. Those are good grills.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife saw some wooden Adirondack chairs on Brickseek for $17, and said she wanted to look at them. Several different Walmarts were supposed to have them, so we took a little road trip yesterday. Went to three different ones that showed a total of 12 available........found none, zero, zip, nada. It's hard to hide something as big as a chair, so they didn't have them stuck away under the counter, holding them for a friend. Maybe they were there, somewhere, but no one knew a thing, so that sucked.

Did get a trail camera for a good price, but no guns. Sporting goods guy at one store looked like he needed to be in the nursing home, rather than out working in public. I knew more about what the store had than he did.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Wife saw some wooden Adirondack chairs on Brickseek for $17, and said she wanted to look at them. Several different Walmarts were supposed to have them, so we took a little road trip yesterday. Went to three different ones that showed a total of 12 available........found none, zero, zip, nada. It's hard to hide something as big as a chair, so they didn't have them stuck away under the counter, holding them for a friend. Maybe they were there, somewhere, but no one knew a thing, so that sucked.

Did get a trail camera for a good price, but no guns. Sporting goods guy at one store looked like he needed to be in the nursing home, rather than out working in public. I knew more about what the store had than he did.

The wood Adirondack chairs are, "Some Assembly Required", so other than maybe a already assembled display example(s?), the rest would probably still be in their original shipping boxes, which, although likely a bit heavy, I'd imagine really wouldn't take up all that much storage space, and likely as not, may be mixed in with something else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

The wood Adirondack chairs are, "Some Assembly Required", so other than maybe a already assembled display example(s?), the rest would probably still be in their original shipping boxes, which, although likely a bit heavy, I'd imagine really wouldn't take up all that much storage space, and likely as not, may be mixed in with something else.

The problem is in finding a Walmart employee that will go look for them. Last year, during the hunt for the Weatherby Vanguards, Brickseek showed a couple at a store in Lawrenceburg. I was up that way, so I stopped in to check. It took forever to find a clerk, but when I finally did, he flat told me that they were sold out and he should know, and furthermore, wasn't going to go and look in the gun room. He then walked off, leaving me standing there. Several days later, Brickseek was still showing them, so I called and got a lady on the phone. She went and looked, called me back, and verified they still had the ones that Brickseek showed. I told her what had happened with the other clerk, and she apologized profusely, and told me that if I wanted to come back and get them, she would hold them for me...........something that was against store policy, but she felt bad about what had happened.

At another Walmart in Nicholasville, the clerk said they did have some Vanguards, but he was told not to sell them at that price, because he felt a mistake had been made, and he was waiting for clarification from higher up......lol,lol, a bullchit story if I ever heard one. He was holding them for himself and his friends. I went online and turned him in, not that it did any good, but I wanted corporate to know what an azzhole they had working for them.

My point is that if you're looking for something, whether or not you find it is most likely up to the employees finding it for you. The trail camera I bought yesterday was locked away in a cabinet that no one could see, along with other stuff that the clerk claimed was things that were easily shoplifted. So....go figure.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Still thinking the 1187 20 compact is wayyy cool!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The problem is in finding a Walmart employee that will go look for them. Last year, during the hunt for the Weatherby Vanguards, Brickseek showed a couple at a store in Lawrenceburg. I was up that way, so I stopped in to check. It took forever to find a clerk, but when I finally did, he flat told me that they were sold out and he should know, and furthermore, wasn't going to go and look in the gun room. He then walked off, leaving me standing there. Several days later, Brickseek was still showing them, so I called and got a lady on the phone. She went and looked, called me back, and verified they still had the ones that Brickseek showed. I told her what had happened with the other clerk, and she apologized profusely, and told me that if I wanted to come back and get them, she would hold them for me...........something that was against store policy, but she felt bad about what had happened.

At another Walmart in Nicholasville, the clerk said they did have some Vanguards, but he was told not to sell them at that price, because he felt a mistake had been made, and he was waiting for clarification from higher up......lol,lol, a bullchit story if I ever heard one. He was holding them for himself and his friends. I went online and turned him in, not that it did any good, but I wanted corporate to know what an azzhole they had working for them.

My point is that if you're looking for something, whether or not you find it is most likely up to the employees finding it for you. The trail camera I bought yesterday was locked away in a cabinet that no one could see, along with other stuff that the clerk claimed was things that were easily shoplifted. So....go figure.

The base model gas grill I found last year via Brickseek at a local Lowe's priced at $26 was no where to be found in floor inventory, although computer inventory had 1 still listed. Two different store associates really did try their best for well over a half hour to find it (one young man even postponed his lunch break he was about to start to help search) but with no luck. I had decided to give up, go back home and forget about it but as I was leaving the store I happened to notice a bunch of assembled 'display' grills of all sizes and brands lined up in rows outside with padlocked chains running through them. I thought, what the heck, as long as I'm here I might as well check them out too. Low and behold the 1 remaining grill I was searching for was right there. Went and got a store clerk again, he got keys for padlock, I paid and left with my new $26 gas grill.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

It does not pull up well for me. I have to bring the stock way up by my eye to look down the rib, and not 'down at' the rib.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Oakster

It does not pull up well for me. I have to bring the stock way up by my eye to look down the rib, and not 'down at' the rib.

I think it's the same for me. Have not messed with it much though. Love the compactness.... Must be made for short faces?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brickseek showed a Tennessee Walmart had 5 trail cameras, made by Covert for Mossy Oak, originally priced at $142, marked down to $35. Figured that was a good deal, and I could always peddle them off for a profit, so went there this morning. Clerk said the only trail cams were the ones they had on display. I made him look them up, and he says, yep, it shows we have them.

Looks under counter in a locked drawer, and there they are. Were thy hiding them? They'd been showing up on Brickseek for over a week, so it would seem that if they were holding them for someone, then that person would have picked them up. I don't know what the deal is on some stuff, as it makes you scratch you head.

Anyway, I'm in the trail cam business cheap.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Brickseek showed a Tennessee Walmart had 5 trail cameras, made by Covert for Mossy Oak, originally priced at $142, marked down to $35. Figured that was a good deal, and I could always peddle them off for a profit, so went there this morning. Clerk said the only trail cams were the ones they had on display. I made him look them up, and he says, yep, it shows we have them.

Looks under counter in a locked drawer, and there they are. Were thy hiding them? They'd been showing up on Brickseek for over a week, so it would seem that if they were holding them for someone, then that person would have picked them up. I don't know what the deal is on some stuff, as it makes you scratch you head.

Could be because Walmart pays bi-weekly, too...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, do you have to have the upgrade pay version of Brickseek to see these deals? My free version does not show them unless I enter a UPC or sku code.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
So, do you have to have the upgrade pay version of Brickseek to see these deals? My free version does not show them unless I enter a UPC or sku code.

They have an SKU finder search on the free sight. I just search for whatever I'm looking for, and then once I find it, do a local search.

I wouldn't pay for it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker

Yes it is. Shot mine today with the 12 ga 1187 . That 20 will make a good little bird gun. Or even 6s for early squirrels

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Troutnut

Yes it is. Shot mine today with the 12 ga 1187 . That 20 will make a good little bird gun. Or even 6s for early squirrels

I think one is going in the corner with buckshot..

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

They just went to $124 around here. No 12s left anywhere near but a couple 20s.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Could be because Walmart pays bi-weekly, too...

...and/or holding them back waiting for the clearance price to drop even lower...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bbassi

They just went to $124 around here. No 12s left anywhere near but a couple 20s.

Buddy. Hook me up!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,336
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.