Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Kind of reminds me of "Reaganomics", left is probably [bleep] in there pants right now! LOL

MAGA! This is the way!
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. Unreal more winning. So, markets up 800 tomorrow.

God Blessed America, with Trump.

Suck it liebs.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
No knock on Trump, at least he is trying to kick China in the teeth, but how does this really hurt China? They'll just buy their agricultural products from Brazil who our stupid arse government subsidizes like we do famers here in the US...Plus China owns about 25 % of the agricultural land in the Midwest and we are probably subsidizing those farms too with Taxpayer money. Just seems like to me farmers/ livestock raisers in Brazil are about to make a lot of money from China while our government gives them taxpayer money to subsidize them...Need to do way more to fix the problems with agriculture here in the US.

I have a friend in Texas that plants 800 acres of wheat every year and the only time he ever makes a good profit on it is when they lose the crop and get insurance money...Most years they just break even...He went to buy a John Deere tractor a few months ago and wanted to write a check for 125k to pay for it, and the dealership had no ideal how to do the paperwork to sale it to him outright. They wanted him to fill out government assistance paperwork even though he didn't need it. They said nobody ever buys farm equipment anymore without some kind of subsidy from the government.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
China owns about 25 % of the agricultural land in the Midwest?? i find that hard to believe.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. He went to buy a John Deere tractor a few months ago and wanted to write a check for 125k to pay for it,

Yup sounds like he is just breaking even.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh
No knock on Trump, at least he is trying to kick China in the teeth, but how does this really hurt China? They'll just buy their agricultural products from Brazil who our stupid arse government subsidizes like we do famers here in the US...Plus China owns about 25 % of the agricultural land in the Midwest and we are probably subsidizing those farms too with Taxpayer money. Just seems like to me farmers/ livestock raisers in Brazil are about to make a lot of money from China while our government gives them taxpayer money to subsidize them...Need to do way more to fix the problems with agriculture here in the US.

I have a friend in Texas that plants 800 acres of wheat every year and the only time he ever makes a good profit on it is when they lose the crop and get insurance money...Most years they just break even...He went to buy a John Deere tractor a few months ago and wanted to write a check for 125k to pay for it, and the dealership had no ideal how to do the paperwork to sale it to him outright. They wanted him to fill out government assistance paperwork even though he didn't need it. They said nobody ever buys farm equipment anymore without some kind of subsidy from the government.

That's strange. I have bought several tractors, balers, rakes, drills, discs, chisel plows. etc and have never been asked if I want it subsidized. It is always cash or finance. A long time ago I turned down the governments help on some stock tanks and cactus control. They had their ideas and I had my own. However, I had a good paying job to subsidize my farm losses and there have been plenty. It is hard as heck to make a profit as a small farmer or rancher.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy
The Media and democrats prayers for recession go unanswered.

The Propaganda Corps and democraps are trying to foment a recession by putting out false information.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
just remember what the devil does when backed into a corner...in this case goodbye Hong Kong

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Hahaha. Unreal more winning. So, markets up 800 tomorrow.

God Blessed America, with Trump.

Suck it liebs.

Glad I was buying on Friday when it was down 600 points.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
just remember what the devil does when backed into a corner...in this case goodbye Hong Kong

Sucks to be Hong Kong, then, don't it.....

That ship sailed (along with a boatload of Hong Kong money) in '99. Now it's just a question of "when", not "if".

Besides, the real issue is Taiwan, not Hong Kong.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse

No doubt that's what the MSM will say 'caused' it....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Russian Bot?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MAGA Mr President!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

So who was Brazil selling their ag products to before China?? Are those former Brazilian customers just going to stop using ag products??

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Probably shouldn't have enabled/financed their massive military build-up right before we jerked their economic stability out from under them.

Destabilizing the economy of a foe with one of the most technologically advanced and massive militaries the planet has ever seen, seems like it's not without some unwanted consequences. They might not lash out at us directly, but Japan could be on the radar. I'm sure the Norks could be used as a pawn in that situation.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

What? John Deere never has offered me that.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump is crazy............................like a fox.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85

So who was Brazil selling their ag products to before China?? Are those former Brazilian customers just going to stop using ag products??

China is the main buyer now from South America. That includes Brazil and Argentina. Not like they can double production overnight.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brazil and Argentina are our allies. It would be good for us if they become stronger economically.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I listened to the radio a bunch today on a long drive. The MSM said that Trump had escalated the trade war with China, was tweeting us into a recession, and that his deal with Japan was simply a smokescreen to throw us off the trail as we head into a massive world downturn and possible economic collapse.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 51 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,899
Posts18,518,456
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.