Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 99 of 117 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 116 117
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Ringman clings to every straw he can find to pretend evolution did not occur. Why?

He says that just because star formation and evolution take a long time, and we cannot see the process from beginning to end, it cannot happen.

Suppose Ringman went out in the woods for 20 minutes before hunting season to see if there were deer in the area. Suppose he saw deer trails, lots of deer tracks, buck rubs on every other sapling, deer droppings, and smelled deer urine? Would he conclude there were no deer because he hadn't seen any in 20 minutes?

I will ask again. Does Christianity have to be so dumbed down that only those with low intelligence or little education are allowed in?

I don't think that was the original intent.

You are adding to what I am asking. You believe in the unknowable because you want it to be true. Not because someone has observed it.

The idea that only uneducated and low intelligence or little education is required to be a Christian is a grossly ignorant and exaggerated error. There are hundreds of Ph.D level and masters degree scientists who are Christians. Many accept God's Word as written. Just the other day I saw a video by a Ph.D scientist who went to a creation seminar to correct the speakers. He was converted due to the abundance of factual information presented and eventually became a Christian.

Again I ask, Where did the first information come that made the first living cell?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If you could cut through the malarkey on this thread, it would be much shorter.

No kidding. The theists wouldn't have a post anywhere.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Evolutians can't exist without theists.

Cause the only argument they got is that (in their opinion), the religion stuff makes even less sense than the theory of evolution.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Given the abundance of evidence from biology, geology, fossils, etc, evolution is the only thing that makes sense.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Cause the only argument they got is that (in their opinion), the religion stuff makes even less sense than the theory of evolution.

No.

Evolution stands on it's own merits. Conversely, creationist myths cannot. Even if tomorrow evolution was effectively refuted, you would still have all your work ahead of you, because it would not prove your belief true, you would still be left with no good evidence for your beliefs.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Later, God lived atop a high mountain which his followers could see from far away.

Still later, the spirit of God resided in a box made of gopher wood. After the ark was destroyed, God was spoken to inside of a large temple in Jerusalem,
where only self-appointed priests could go.

When the Romans destroyed the temple, we evolved the concept of God being everywhere.

CF Christians have said God is beyond the 3D time/space thing...

Ark of the Covenant;

Exodus 25:8
"And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst."

Exodus 25:22
There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony,
I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel.

Infinite God not constrained by time, infinite God not bound by space, became manifest in one locale.
A God not bound by time, bound Himself to the time-bound
A God not bound by space, bound Himself to that box.

The one above all natural world creational constraints wasnt everywhere, nor was he just anywhere...He was right there.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

No.

Evolution stands on it's own merits. Conversely, creationist myths cannot. Even if tomorrow evolution was effectively refuted, you would still have all your work ahead of you, because it would not prove your belief true, you would still be left with no good evidence for your beliefs.

The theory of evolution fails on its own merits.

That's why it's called the theory of evolution.

No need for refutation, at all. The burden is on its proponents.

94 pages by my fire screen count, and of course, the burden hasn't been met, and likely never will be.

But what *has* occurred on all these pages, is evolutians disparaging theistic viewpoints as a purported support of the theory of evolution.

Evolutians appear to be very sensitive about their faith.

And certainly, none would ever deny Darwin three times before the cock crows.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Fubs, Please learn what "theory" means in science. It's not what you think it is, and your ignorance is showing. Again.

And it certainly does not fail on its own merits, but rather succeeds quite splendidly. Over and over and over again.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by nighthawk
With the universe being about 6,000 years old there;s not much time to play with. God added in stars that appear to be of different ages just to fool you infidels. wink

A couple years ago there was a non-creationist astronomer on TV who developed a program to plot novas and super novas. His program could track the debris up to about a million years. He enlisted the aid of astronomers from around the world to use his program. After a few years the oldest they could find was about 7,000 years since its destruction. Maybe one of you evolutionists could fill them in on the missing years.

Or is it you guys are not accepting facts.

Like I asked, If there was an Infinite Intelligent Energy Being could He create what we now see in its present state? This is not a trick question. And its more philosophical than science or religion.

Rich, considering that some star systems and galaxies are millions and millions of light years away from Earth. And considering that we are looking at them, definitively demonstrates that such star or galaxy is at least millions of years old.

We can not say if that star is still there today. But we know it was there millions of years ago, because that is how long it took the light to reach Earth.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Fubs, Please learn what "theory" means in science. It's not what you think it is, and your ignorance is showing. Again.

And it certainly does not fail on its own merits, but rather succeeds quite splendidly. Over and over and over again.

No.

94 pages by my fire screen count, and of course, the burden hasn't been met, and likely never will be.

But what *has* occurred on all these pages, is evolutians disparaging theistic viewpoints as a purported support of the theory of evolution.

Yep.

Anyone who uses the word Theory like Fubarski does in relation to science only demonstrates his extreme level of scientific ignorance.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/25/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Theory means (pick one):

a: hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

b: an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE

c: abstract thought : SPECULATION

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

Not hard to believe evolutians are confused by a simple word, when they have faith in someone that discovers a fossilized toe bone that proves a larger cranium.

Maybe not confusion, though. Might be a part of the long con that is the theory of evolution, removin the accurate description of it to make it seem more legitimate.

The theory of evolution has not and cannot be proved at the present time.

All I can do is speculate which word scares the shat outa evolutians the worst, macroevolution or theory.

Call it the theory of evolutians.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Theory means (pick one):

Not hard to believe evolutians are confused by a simple word, when they have faith in someone that discovers a fossilized toe bone that proves a larger cranium.

Maybe not confusion, though. Might be a part of the long con that is the theory of evolution, removin the accurate description of it to make it seem more legitimate.

All I can do is speculate which word scares the shat outa evolutians the worst, macroevolution or theory.

Good job continuing to display your ignorance.

He's some help for you from Wikipedia:

A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results. Where possible, theories are tested under controlled conditions in an experiment.[1][2] In circumstances not amenable to experimental testing, theories are evaluated through principles of abductive reasoning. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.[3]

The meaning of the term scientific theory (often contracted to theory for brevity) as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of theory.[4][Note 1] In everyday speech, theory can imply an explanation that represents an unsubstantiated and speculative guess,[4] whereas in science it describes an explanation that has been tested and widely accepted as valid. These different usages are comparable to the opposing usages of prediction in science versus common speech, where it denotes a mere hope.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

Get it?

Just because the New Testament uses the format of identifying that a story is a parable doesn't mean all stories in the Bible are meant to be taken literally.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wikipedia, a good liberal site that can be relied upon for promoting liberal falsehoods.

Let's try a more credible source:

"In the scientific method, there is a clear distinction between facts, which can be observed and/or measured, and theories, which are scientists' explanations and interpretations of the facts. "

This would be from your "science" boys themselves.

https://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html

Like I posted, you look at a fossilized toe bone, and christen it a whole new species.

Pull that crap in any other science, and you'd get laughed outta the building.

There's no question "evolution", which just means change, happens.

But the theory of evolution, the explanation of what the change means, is unproven, and isn't likely to ever *be* proven, as I posted.

Fairly apparent through alla these pages, is that ever time you evolutians get handed your head because you can't prove the theory, you drag the conversation down with semantics.

Tried/failed again here, but it doesn't matter.

You can't prove the theory, and that's all that does matter.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

No.

Evolution is proven. The 'theory of evolution' refers to the means and mechanisms of evolution.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Theory means (pick one):

''A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results. Where possible, theories are tested under controlled conditions in an experiment.[1][2] In circumstances not amenable to experimental testing, theories are evaluated through principles of abductive reasoning. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.[3]''

''A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.''

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There was a comment earlier that our ability to think made us special and perhaps alluded to having a soul - either way something extra provided by god and not otherwise " natural". There's plenty of cases where personality has changed following brain damage or disease. Not a soul, but biological function I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
(Almost 100 pages)

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
''A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.''

And yet may be wrong.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by DBT

And yet may be wrong.

The factual foundation, geology, fossils, genetic diversity, gene expression, epigenetics, etc, can't be wrong. It is what it is, it is objective independent evidence. What can be wrong being the details of how organisms evolve....environmental pressure forcing adaption, gene expression, the role of mutations, etc....not that animals and plants can and do evolve.

Page 99 of 117 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 29 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,270
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.