Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Been feeling like crap went in to a local Doctor I use for a quick physical, etc. and found my heart is out of rhythm and beating (or fluttering as he put it) at 145 bpm. Today's trip to the regional heart center verified that he was correct.

Doctor 1 immediately started me on blood thinners while today's Doctor 2 added a new blood pressure med that should lower my bpm until they can ZAP it back into rhythm. The only hold up is I need to be on blood thinner for 30 days first which lands on the day I would heading up into the mountains for the start of season. So the PTO I have set at work to hunt will now be days to rest up after being zapped!

He also mentioned about not flying anywhere in the near future and that would rule out the tickets I have already purchased for PA Bear and Deer season at Thanksgiving.

Ted

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well that’s some bad news. Are you sure your heart isn’t racing because you’re itching to go hunting?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Darn. Sorry to hear of this, but I hope and pray your heart heals quick.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Well that’s some bad news. Are you sure your heart isn’t racing because you’re itching to go hunting?

It would be interesting to know how many went to the happy hunting ground while suffering a severe case of buck fever.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
No sense messing around with heart stuff, as much as it does suck.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That sucks, best wishes toward a return to health so you can get going again.

Burned a javelina tag this spring due to a knee replacement and a turkey tag last year due to intestinal issues, both in AZ, so I commiserate with you.

Hang tough, do what's required.

Geno

PS, put a little over 3 miles on the new knee up in the hills, walking around with my bow looking for deer, behind my place this morning, hope your situation works out as well.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do they already have you on a beta blocker? I inderstand they need to reset you but I was just curious if you were on Coreg or carvedilol.

Also if youre on too strong of a diuretic, that can leave you cruising around in a semi dehydrated state. Even if not, just being below sufficiently hydrated will mosdef thicken your blood and induce some tachy.

Certainly the reason youre tired is your heart is beating twice the number of beats it should in a given 24hr period.

Hopefully season is not total loss on the late end.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Do they already have you on a beta blocker? I inderstand they need to reset you but I was just curious if you were on Coreg or carvedilol.

Also if youre on too strong of a diuretic, that can leave you cruising around in a semi dehydrated state. Even if not, just being below sufficiently hydrated will mosdef thicken your blood and induce some tachy.

Certainly the reason youre tired is your heart is beating twice the number of beats it should in a given 24hr period.

Hopefully season is not total loss on the late end.

Yes, also on beta blocker which could help lower it also. Just started Cardizem Cd Er which may help with the bpm.

Ted
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by old_willys
Been feeling like crap went in to a local Doctor I use for a quick physical, etc. and found my heart is out of rhythm and beating (or fluttering as he put it) at 145 bpm. Today's trip to the regional heart center verified that he was correct.

Doctor 1 immediately started me on blood thinners while today's Doctor 2 added a new blood pressure med that should lower my bpm until they can ZAP it back into rhythm. The only hold up is I need to be on blood thinner for 30 days first which lands on the day I would heading up into the mountains for the start of season. So the PTO I have set at work to hunt will now be days to rest up after being zapped!

He also mentioned about not flying anywhere in the near future and that would rule out the tickets I have already purchased for PA Bear and Deer season at Thanksgiving.

I know how you feel. I lost the last two hunting seasons due to heart problems. I can't afford to lose anymore, because I don't have that many seasons left.

Patrick

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die,
I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

And on the 8th day, God created the Border Collie.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sorry to hear, prayers sent for God's healing mercy sir

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Listen to the Docs and do what they say and you'll be able to do it next year with a vengeance.

Good luck.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
after putting in my first pacemaker, my doctor nixed all rifles/shotguns with recoil more than a .223

Sam......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Best wishes for a successful outcome. It would bum me out as well but your health is more important.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Went through the same basic thing myself last year. Once they got the heart back in rhythm I felt great, and so far it has stayed in rhythm. It is not something to be ignored, without consequences.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Get well, then enjoy the next times you hunt more! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Stay away from Atenolol, that schit is poison.

I had some tachycardia about 15 years ago and they put me on that crap, damn near killed me. Tapered off an haven't had a problem since.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sorry to hear about you HEART trouble. # 1.

I know from personal experience having to drop or delay hunting or other personal joys is disappointing.
Not on the same level as yours but my last deer season got screwed all up by an *elective* knee surgery by a family member. It could easily have been delayed 2 or 3 weeks but OH NO.

Back to your situation , I hope you have the determination to follow the Dr.s orders. There is no season for us after death.

Good Luck

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Sucks. Sounds like atrial fibrillation? The biggest concern with fast / irregular heartbeats is ———-> STROKE. Blood clots can easily form, hence the blood thinner - typically Xarelto or Eliquis. If it is atrial fib you may also be a candidate for cardiac ablation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear this, but your health comes first. Stick with the Dr.’s plan and hopefully you’ll be able to get out sometime this upcoming season, even if it’s just locally. You’ll have more chances to go in the future, but for the short term it’s depressing. Hang in there, and if you need us, we are here.

Craig

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one reduced hunting season because of A Fib but the Ablation procedure fixed that 8 years ago and I went sheep hunting
90 days after. I'm now 77 and flying out next week for two weeks of moose and caribou in the 40 Mile Country.

Watch your hydration and stay off those disease carrying airlines.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (257wthbylover, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.