Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Contractor I use at work a lot is adamant that giving women the right to vote is what set us on course for failure. He might be right.

One of the "conservative" women said the same thing. Maybe Laura or Ann. I agree completely.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ralph Nader

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Contractor I use at work a lot is adamant that giving women the right to vote is what set us on course for failure. He might be right.

One of the "conservative" women said the same thing. Maybe Laura or Ann. I agree completely.

most conservative leaning folks like me are hesitant to refer to us as entering the post-modern era.

that happened a long time ago, but it's picking up speed?

been to the moon a time or two, onward to mars.

we're not in kansas anymore.

the rise of the mega-cities have begun.

a general consensus of no more world war to knock down populations.(i guess there's not many heathens needing killin' anymore?).

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't agree on the woman's vote. The nation was doing fine until after WW2.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ralph Nader

ol ralph gave us bush the younger, instead of the inventor of the internet ol al.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

I have more than one. Answer for you. First of all, bad stuff has been going on since the beginning of time. There have always been sociopaths, psychopaths, murders, mentally ill. There have been thieves and robbers and crooks. Lack of universal and instantaneous broadcasting and dissemination of news and information kept problems hidden, kept them local, and kept you and me isolated from whatever happened that was not within our immediate vicinity. If you didn't read page 7 of the newspaper, you wouldn't know about some random shooting half a country away. The next day, that story is gone, not in the news, and forgotten. It is not hammered over continuously 24/7 for days on end.

Let's assume you live in Texas. The gruesome stories of a serial killer like Ed Gein in Wisconsin meant nothing to you. If his story hit today, the MSM would meltdown in sensationalism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

Just an illustration that kooks are not new. Also, in 1935, America had 150 million people. It's more than double today, and that means more psychos.

Next we need to talk about the shift from small town and rural America to Urban/suburban shift in the population. Less people in the country means less interpersonal interactions and therefore less chance for trouble. Still, bad stuff used to happen at the bars and the honky Tonks every weekend when people would get lickered up. Take the case in rural Georgia you probably never heard about. Carl Isaacs, according to people I know who working in the Corrections Department, was one evil S.O.B.

The Alday Murders[edit]
Donalsonville was the site of the second largest mass murder in Georgia history (the largest being the Woolfolk murders in 1887). On May 14, 1973, Carl Isaacs, his half brother Wayne Coleman, and fellow prisoner George Dungee escaped from the Maryland State Prison. They were later joined by Carl's younger brother, 15-year-old Billy Isaacs.[13] While en route to Florida the men came upon the Alday farm in Donalsonville. They stopped at a mobile home owned by Jerry Alday and his wife Mary, to look for gas as there was a gas pump on the property.[14]

Alday and his father Ned Alday arrived as the trailer was being ransacked and were ordered inside, then shot to death in separate bedrooms. Jerry's brother Jimmy arrived at the trailer on a tractor and he too was led inside and forced to lay on a couch, then shot. Later, Jerry's 25-year-old wife Mary arrived at the trailer as the men attempted to hide the tractor. She was restrained, while Jerry's brother Chester and uncle Aubrey arrived in a pickup truck. The criminals accosted the pair still in their truck and forced them inside the trailer where they were also shot to death. Mary Alday was raped on her kitchen table before being taken out to a wooded area miles away where she was raped again and then finally murdered.[15]

Billy Isaacs cooperated with prosecutors and received a twenty-year sentence for armed robbery.[16] Carl Isaacs, Coleman, and Dungee were tried by jury in Seminole County in 1973, convicted, and sentenced to death. All three convictions and sentences were overturned by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in 1985, on the grounds that the pool of local jurors had been tainted by excess pretrial publicity.[17] All three defendants were re-tried in 1988 and were again convicted; however, only Carl Isaacs was sentenced to death, Coleman and Dungee receiving life sentences.

Carl Isaacs was executed on May 6, 2003, at Georgia Diagnostic and Classification State Prison in Jackson, by lethal injection.[18] At the time of his execution, aged 49, he was the longest-serving death row inmate anywhere in the USA, having spent 30 years on death row prior to execution.[19][20]

Lastly, when we are young, we are largely protected from the nasty side of the world by our elders. Who worried about mass shootings, cannibalistic psychos, or murderous escaped Cons when you were 8 years old? Even if it happened, if it wasn't in your town, nobody got worked up about it.

Lastly, there is always the copycat factor. Who shot up schools before Columbine?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or I can just tell you the 1960's changed everything. Short and to the point.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good points, the Cuban crises in October 62 was something I was aware of, but did not worry about, I was 18.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we know the Naked Ape is a violent species. had had to be in order to be so successful in taking over the whole planet from various competitors.

sure, things get a little aberrant at times. the news media cycle, and global reporting....everything happening at once, so to speak.

the amazon is burning. indigenous citizens wanting to keep it natural. farmers & gov't wanting to develop it for profit & benefit.

trade wars do not have to be a prelude to land-based wars. thank goodness for that. the global mega-cities are becoming a force.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I don't agree on the woman's vote. The nation was doing fine until after WW2.

Nah. We got the 16th Amendment, Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson before then.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since 24 hour news. The news business has become very competitive in order to get viewers. Before 24 hour news we only got what the news services fed us. Everything was A OK because the only enemy they ever had was Richard Nixon.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I used to laugh at hippies in the 60s even as a child. I thought they were just harmless kooks. Now we realize they were the "foot in the door" of the whole Progressive movement intent on destroying America from within. When the radicals and Hippies got elected to Government offices, I stopped laughing,

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I haven't read one thing that I thought was wrong. I especially think the 24 hour news feed kind of keeps us reved to red line on a daily basis.

I believe it was Mark Twain that said "Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them". I just have to ask if that same effort was put in to being correct what a difference that would make.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

We are where we are today as a result of two things in the 60's: telling God to leave the public forum to include elementary schools, and the so-called right to abortion. Both illegal usurpations of due process from the courts preempting both the Congress and the Presidency.
The destruction of the black family via "civil rights laws" that drove the fathers out, comes in at #3 and affects us all to this day and likely far beyond.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
She is still the greatest nation in the entire history of the world.[Linked Image]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Satan

Essentially so.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I believe that the beginning of our downfall was the advent of television. It quickly took the place of Family time. Fewer dinners together, Sunday football replaced church, and the debauchery of Hollywood was brought directly into our homes! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
so clearly we're into change, aka evolution.

we must pay our taxes. that's a given.

so, is there light at the end of the tunnel?

evolution, revolution, whatever change occurs.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The Hart-Celler Immigration Act of 1965, pushed hard by Jacob Javits, along with the rest of organized Jewry.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think it started in the late 60's and early 70's.

Wished i knew why.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.