Print Thread
Hop To
Page 106 of 117 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 116 117
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

If I supplied you with the name of the lab and the lab workers you would not accept them, despite the fact they are all evolutionists scientists.

HAW! HAW! HAW! I suspect it didn't really happen.

So answer me this, Einstein. If God made the light and the darkness BEFORE he made the sun and the moon, how is that possible? The sun is what MAKES the light. Or maybe Genesis ! is just plain wrong.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by TF49
TRH,

You may choose to believe that “micro evolution” .... aka genetic variation ..... is proof of “macro evolution.”

Many well respected paleontologists and well respected evolutionists would disagree.

Btw.... do you think that man caused global warming is “settled science?”

Not TRH but the answers are pretty simple.

1. "Many well respected paleontologists and well respected evolutionists would disagree." Not true. Name one if you think that's true.

2. There is no such thing in science as "settled science." That's a political term, not a scientific term and Obama knows less about science than Ringman. Here's what's actually going on. There is overwhelming evidence that the climate is warming and that ONE major cause is CO2 released by fossil fuels. Our data does not exactly tell us how fast, though, although predictions get better all the time. Settled? There is always the possibility that something else is going on and could be discovered.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If I supplied you with the name of the lab and the lab workers you would not accept them, despite the fact they are all evolutionists scientists.

So answer me this, Einstein. If God made the light and the darkness BEFORE he made the sun and the moon, how is that possible? The sun is what MAKES the light. Or maybe Genesis ! is just plain wrong.

You are amazing. You are stuck in gross ignorance of God's Infiniteness. The light, just as the dark, came from God. At the end of everything we know there will be no more sun. The Lord will be our light like in the beginning.

By the way the sun gets its energy to produce light from God; the Source of everything.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

By the way the sun gets its energy to produce light from God; the Source of everything.

So now you don't believe that the sun makes daylight? Why in the world would God "make" light and dark several days before making the sun (which obviously makes light). And how did the plants do photosynthesis before there was sunlight?

And what about God placing the sun, moon, and stars in the "firmanent" as "signs." That's astrology. Christians aren't supposed to believe in astrology.

And there is no such thing as a "firmament." The sun, moon, and stars are in space. Our spacecraft did not crash into any "firmament."

And finally...what about the talking snake? You're ignoring it.

Religion would be a lot more credible if it would jettison stone age myths after they are known to be false. At one time Christians believed that rifling made lead balls fly truer because little mean devils sat on the lead balls and diverted them from their true course. The rifling made the balls spin and the devils couldn't stay aboard! Believing in creationism is equally absurd. There is no evidence and, to the contrary, the evidence all supports evolution.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You are amazing. You are stuck in gross ignorance of God's Infiniteness. The light, just as the dark, came from God. At the end of everything we know there will be no more sun. The Lord will be our light like in the beginning.

Nuclear fusion and photon emission is understood well enough to know it doesn't come from something non detectable like a God, whatever that's supposed to be.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Starman
is the faith of illiterate superstitious peasant Christians around the time of Jesus different to christians of today?

A little presumptuous and arrogant there, aren't we? People of the time were not stupid idiots,witness the Roman empire,
Commerce existed across nations. Jews studied the scripture. Jesus as a child discussed the sacred Jewish texts.

People in the Middle East were not largely peasants, illiterate and superstitious types, ..around the time of Jesus?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

And again you resort to a contemporary dictionary for a modern definition of a word that comes from and which definition was derived from
-- classical but more particularly from Koine Greek. ..

A belief held without the support of evidence is a belief held on faith. It's as simple as that. Your objections are just a smokescreen.

Thunder is just like Nighthawk, things can't be straightforward for them, they have to complicate-convolute something even as simple as faith.

FAITH

Greek mythology, Pistis /ˈpɪstɪs/ (Πίστις) was the personification of good faith, trust and reliability.

English Christian N.T. , ' Faith' is the word used to represent 'Pistis' from the Greek N.T.
KJV, ESV and NASB bibles translate through a method called - Form Equivalence or “formal translation”.
That means word for word for word, where it makes semantic sense and carries the source language meaning properly,

-Transliteration: 'Pistis' (Greek) = faith, belief ,trust, conviction [firmly held opinion]
- Definition; faith, faithfulness
- Usage: faith, belief, trust

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/pistis.html

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g4102

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

This is another example of micro evolution because the evolution is always limited to the same family of species.

Thunderstruck, you are another example of macro ignorance, but would you call evolution in the order Perisodactyla microevolution too?

Seems to me that Leroy and TRH are not keeping up with what is going on in the evolution news. This horse business was discredited long ago. Here is one example.... from a noted and well respected evolutionist:

[u]Lifted:

Many museums and school textbooks today depict horse evolution as orthogenetic. That is, variations in the fossil record of the horse follow a particular direction and are not merely sporadic. In other words, evolution is supposed to proceed undeviatingly in a single direction, regardless of environment, organic activity, or such factors as natural selection. This is **not** what evolutionists teach today.
Orthogenesis has been proved wrong and is no longer accepted by evolutionary scientists.

Notice this comment by the late Dr. George Gaylord Simpson, world renowned evolutionist and palenthologist:

Orthogenetic evolution is supposed to proceed undeviatingly in a single direction, regardless of environment, organic activity, or such factors as natural selection. Discussion of this point has been so lengthy and extensive that it has, frankly, become boring. There is at present a clear consensus of paleontologists that orthogenesis, in this sense, is not real. There is no known sequence in the fossil record that requires or substantiates such a process. Many examples commonly cited, such as the evolution of the horse family or of sabertooth “tigers,” can be readily shown to have been unintentionally falsified and not to be really orthogenetic. All supposed examples are more simply and fully interpreted as due to some other cause, such as natural selection.”
[/u]

A falsehood remains a falsehood, no matter how many claim it to be true.... no matter how often it is portrayed on the evening news as incontrovertible fact.

For you Indy....read what he says....

Dr. George Gaylord Simpson.....that’s one...., there are others.... they are there if one has the intellectual desire to see all angles.

Most don’t.....

Re: age...... there are more and more questions being raised about AGW.... models are just flat out wrong....there are even credible scientists saying the the measuring techniques being used to prove agw are bogus..... so, Indy, stay tuned... agw just another way to control the masses.....

Last edited by TF49; 08/27/19.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Is "arrogant stupidity" a valid term to use without offending anyone? Like I mean if I say this is what I believe in and have no proof to back it up, and then like to fling faeces on others ideas even though they have evidence and proof to substantiate them (in some desperate attempt to justify my beliefs over anything else), would that make me an arrogant stupid person?

Unrelated question, but why is Jesus depicted as being white?

And what's the deal with Adam and Eve and incest - isn't incest a sin?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is "arrogant stupidity" a valid term to use without offending anyone? Like I mean if I say this is what I believe in and have no proof to back it up, and then like to fling faeces on others ideas even though they have evidence and proof to substantiate them (in some desperate attempt to justify my beliefs over anything else), would that make me an arrogant stupid person?

And what's the deal with Adam and Eve and incest - isn't incest a sin?

Well, Palestinians (he was born in Palestine as I recall, no?) are considered "white" aren't they?

Tall, Blond, and Blue Eyed as many time depicted?..........................................now that would be a stretch!

Probably looked more like Yassar Arafat.

Geno

PS, y'all are getting close to 100 pages on my machine. Good job.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
[quote=mauserand9mm]So to summarize this thread to date, it looks like the evolutionists have won the debate with the overwhelming abundance of evidence and logic, but the creationists haven't conceded and have attempted diversionary tactics to include the consideration of unfavorable political persuasion as the hallmark of the infidel clan.

Let me know if I got this wrong or not....

Yup. You got it wrong.

Nope, he got it right.

The claimed transitional forms in the fossil record were shown to be “not transitional” and no other credible transitional forms were noted. Where are the transitional forms? The evolutionary theorists can only come up increasingly stupid explanations for the embarrassing lack of fossil proof of evolution.

The horse evolution nonsense was rebutted by statements of other evolutionists. Mark it down as mass hysteria and caving in to peer pressure by other “scientists.” Kinda the current scientific bias in support of global warming. Few.... if any ....money hungry university researcher will dare challenge the status quo for fear of being laughed at, ostracized and denied grant money. ..... Lemmings, self serving ones at that.

Some out there cling to fruit fly mutations and peppered moths changes as proof of evolution. Only those that do not have a clue about genetics would be fooled by these claims.

Oh, and if you want a good laugh, take a look at the contortions the evolutionist goes through trying to explain how the first living cell came into being, Seem some have give up and now are pointing to the earth being “seeded” by meteorites or aliens.

Nope, evolution is a myth.... men going mad in herds.

You could not be more wrong.

Fossils or organisms that show the intermediate states between an ancestral form and that of its descendants are referred to as transitional forms. There are numerous examples of transitional forms in the fossil record, providing an abundance of evidence for change over time.
Transitional forms - Understanding Evolution
https://evolution.berkeley.edu › evolibrary › article › lines_03

Nonetheless, these transitional fossils serve as evidence to Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection as conserved traits are proven to survive the test of time. This also supports evolution in a way that is shows gradual change in traits of species over generations due to change in living conditions.
How do transitional fossils support the theory of evolution? | eNotes
https://www.enotes.com › homework-help › how-do-transitional-fossils-supp...

Misconception: “Gaps in the fossil record disprove evolution.” ... Lots of organisms don't fossilize well and the environmental conditions for forming good fossils are not that common. So, science actually predicts that for many evolutionary changes there will be gaps in the record.
Misconceptions: Gaps in the Fossil Record Disprove Evolution
https://evolution.berkeley.edu › misconceps › IICgaps

Your internet search skills provide a simple cursory gleaning from the lemmings. Go ahead and read your links and show me how it addresses my objections to evolution.

I of course would be more interested in YOUR views, not just some lemming view.

I have been posting sources for my views and answering specific questions that have been brought up by creationists.
I don't know any lemmings.
Are we playing with two separate sets of rules now?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

And why does he have a Mexican name?

smile

Bruce

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kinda funny Bruce,

thanks,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus.....put a fork in it!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No shti! Geez long enough and ain't gonna be a winner here.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well, you’re right. I should not have made any reference to lemmings.

My mistake, my apology to you.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As one side has evidence and reason while the other has mere faith, a belief held without the support of evidence, there is no contest regardless of protestations to the contrary. I'm sure that theists imagine victory regardless.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And it would be fine if it were left at that. But I find hypocrisy with the ardent creationalists - the methods and theory of evolution are a branch of science. Look at the technological gains we've had with science - life expectancy and improvement in quality of life medical advances being notable. Faith alone does nothing to aid this improvement, in fact it hindered it in the early stages (the church opposes...). Everything in our daily like is influenced by science - if you attack evolution, you attack science, but yet you're happy to live in a modern world. Any scientific theorems or theories in any religious scribings? - I think not.

Why attack evolution only? Why not attack the modern surgery, building construction, internet, cell phones - man didn't make these things, god did?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/27/19.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How goats get their spots:

Genesis 30:37-39

https://biblehub.com/genesis/30.htm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
people use words loosely, often using the word faith when they mean hope, or trust or good will - ''he acted in good faith'' -
''he acted in good will'' - therefore the word becomes a blanket term for a number of different concepts.

Being a blanket term for a number of different concepts, some folks (read theists) love to shift between meanings in order to justify their
own faith in things unseen and non-detectable, their God, their Holy Book, etc, thereby equivocating between one common usage of the
word and meaning to another whenever it suits.

Theists can mystically spin it anyway they like,, but fact remains their- belief, hope, trust, or FAITH in a yet unfulfilled,underlivered promise
[from God] is no different to hoping and trusting or putting faith in ones semi-auto pistol or rifle won't jam with the next shot,

..on which one can only form conjecture or speculate.

Sadly there are christians who not only refute rational science, but even refute the clear and concise words of God in Bible.

TF49 telling people that what you believe as a christian doesn't matter..,.yet Jesus says otherwise,
Nighthawk, claiming God is beyond time & space, thus blatantly ignorant or just dismissive of the fact Bible shows the O.T. God manifesting
in a small confine of the physical 3D world.(Exodus)
Hawk claiming one must have a 3D presence to be at a non-dimensional point in space...which is simply untrue for an ALL capable God.
iTs highly evident he lacks both basic geometric science knowledge and Biblical knowledge of God, and just asserts desperate wild ass claims.

Any supposed christian who so poorly underestimates or simply does not acknowledge the God Bible describes,
and that they claim to believe in, are not people anyone should sensibly rely on to explain the meaning of faith
or much else relating to God.

Page 106 of 117 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.