Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 107 of 117 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 116 117
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Ringman

By the way the sun gets its energy to produce light from God; the Source of everything.

So now you don't believe that the sun makes daylight? Why in the world would God "make" light and dark several days before making the sun (which obviously makes light). And how did the plants do photosynthesis before there was sunlight?

I guess I was not clear. The sun came from the same Place the light did: From God's Word. He spoke and it was created. Asking why God did anything is beyond even my opinions. The plants had the light of God for a day prior to the creation of the sun, moon and stars. They don't need the sun. They need light.

And what about God placing the sun, moon, and stars in the "firmanent" as "signs." That's astrology. Christians aren't supposed to believe in astrology.

You are grasping at straws. The word is used to describe where God placed His astrological bodies. Because you are distorting the Facts of God's Word you are adding to HIs Word. The sun, moon and stars are for "signs and seasons and times and years."

And there is no such thing as a "firmament." The sun, moon, and stars are in space. Our spacecraft did not crash into any "firmament."

Because you don't understand space is not nothing. It is something. Some translations use the word "firmament" to describe it.

And finally...what about the talking snake? You're ignoring it.

Again I apologize. I guess I didn't answer you statement to your satisfaction. What is it you wanted me to address about a talking snake? You can read about it in Genesis 3. I don't know how to add more.

Religion would be a lot more credible if it would jettison stone age myths after they are known to be false. At one time Christians believed that rifling made lead balls fly truer because little mean devils sat on the lead balls and diverted them from their true course. The rifling made the balls spin and the devils couldn't stay aboard! Believing in creationism is equally absurd. There is no evidence and, to the contrary, the evidence all supports evolution.

Again you are off track. There is zero evidence for evolution; except in the minds of the brainwashed.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

If I supplied you with the name of the lab and the lab workers you would not accept them, despite the fact they are all evolutionists scientists.

HAW! HAW! HAW! I suspect it didn't really happen.

So answer me this, Einstein. If God made the light and the darkness BEFORE he made the sun and the moon, how is that possible? The sun is what MAKES the light. Or maybe Genesis ! is just plain wrong.

You are amazing. You are stuck in gross ignorance of God's Infiniteness. The light, just as the dark, came from God. At the end of everything we know there will be no more sun. The Lord will be our light like in the beginning.

By the way the sun gets its energy to produce light from God; the Source of everything.

Nuclear fusion and photon emission is understood well enough to know it doesn't come from something non detectable like a God, whatever that's supposed to be.

God is detectable by those who seek Him. I am very sorry for you.

Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by TF49

For you Indy....read what he says....

Dr. George Gaylord Simpson.....that’s one...., there are others.... they are there if one has the intellectual desire to see all angles.

Most don’t.....

Most creationists get things wrong, perhaps because they are not educated enough to wade through big words.

Dr. Siimpson did NOT (as some think) claim that horses didn't evolve. Rather he postulated "punctuated equilibrium," which is now accepted as the WAY species often evolve. This means that rather than horses evolving smoothly, at the same rate, they evolve quite rapidly due to some external stimulus (predators? climate?) and then evolve very slowly unless and until there is some other stimulus.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Is "arrogant stupidity" a valid term to use without offending anyone? Like I mean if I say this is what I believe in and have no proof to back it up, and then like to fling faeces on others ideas even though they have evidence and proof to substantiate them (in some desperate attempt to justify my beliefs over anything else), would that make me an arrogant stupid person?

Unrelated question, but why is Jesus depicted as being white?

And what's the deal with Adam and Eve and incest - isn't incest a sin?

The Bible uses the words "willfully ignorant." even if they are offending, they are valid. You might be an arrogant willfully ignorant person.

Jesus is depicted as Jew or Black 9in some books).

The "deal" with Adam and Eve and incest is Ludacris. God created one person and from that person made the second person. They were flawless. Their children married each other or the offspring of their brothers and sisters. Incest was not a sin for about 2,500 - 3,000 years later when Moses received the Law from God forbidding close marriages. God knew the human population had accumulated enough mutations to deleteriously affect the offspring.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dr. George Gaylord Simpson.....that’s one...., there are others.... they are there if one has the intellectual desire to see all angles.

Most don’t.....

Most creationists get things wrong, perhaps because they are not educated enough to wade through big words.

Dr. Siimpson did NOT (as some think) claim that horses didn't evolve. Rather he postulated "punctuated equilibrium," which is now accepted as the WAY species often evolve. This means that rather than horses evolving smoothly, at the same rate, they evolve quite rapidly due to some external stimulus (predators? climate?) and then evolve very slowly unless and until there is some other stimulus.

Evolution happens fast when we can't watch it and slowly when we try to watch it. That sounds lie blind faith to me.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Most don’t.....

You asked for an example and I supplied it. There are others if you care to look.

He is clear in what he says. Perhaps you cannot comprehend or simply choose not to.

But, if you desire to believe that “natural selection” ...... micro evolution.....is proof of macro evolution, you may continue to do that. It is not and you would be wrong according to a growing number of evolutionary scientists.

I will put it simply..... natural selection .... micro evolution.... is NOT proof of macro evolution. Those who believe that are being duped.

Edit to add: Simpson was apparently an ardent evolutionist. I did not say nor imply that he was not. He was simply saying that regarding the horse story, “natural selection” .......could explain it and was a better explanation..... simple genetic variation. Further, there are other paleontologists that are at odds with the entire horse evolution story. Go and read for your self.

Last edited by TF49; 08/28/19. Reason: Spel check

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Is "arrogant stupidity" a valid term to use without offending anyone? Like I mean if I say this is what I believe in and have no proof to back it up, and then like to fling faeces on others ideas even though they have evidence and proof to substantiate them (in some desperate attempt to justify my beliefs over anything else), would that make me an arrogant stupid person?

Unrelated question, but why is Jesus depicted as being white?

And what's the deal with Adam and Eve and incest - isn't incest a sin?

Legit question.

Couple of comments....

Jesus was a Jew .... Semitic.....and apparently, very ordinary looking. Bible implies that. Look it up if you like. I suspect he is depicted as white to sell more posters and paintings to white people. Missionaries tell me that Africans and melanesians will picture jesus as black and that is reflected in their artwork.

Adam and Eve has perfect genes. Their children married their siblings. Seems,thst after sin and death entered the race, there has been a deterioration of the genetic gene pool.... mutations happen and they are almost universally considered detrimental. It was only after the Law was given that incest was sin. Understandably correct.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

If I supplied you with the name of the lab and the lab workers you would not accept them, despite the fact they are all evolutionists scientists.

So answer me this, Einstein. If God made the light and the darkness BEFORE he made the sun and the moon, how is that possible? The sun is what MAKES the light. Or maybe Genesis ! is just plain wrong.

You are amazing. You are stuck in gross ignorance of God's Infiniteness. The light, just as the dark, came from God. At the end of everything we know there will be no more sun. The Lord will be our light like in the beginning.

Nuclear fusion and photon emission is understood well enough to know it doesn't come from something non detectable like a God, whatever that's supposed to be.

God is detectable by those who seek Him. I am very sorry for you.

So you claim....yet there are very few if any theists that are able to agree on what exactly they are 'detecting.' The God of Hinduism is not the God of Islam which is not the God of Christianity or Judaism or the Norse gods, Greek gods, Egyptian gods.....an awful lot of gods getting around don't you think? Or perhaps it's just fertile imagination rather than detection....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cuba is a communist country, yet they remain predominantly Roman Catholic. Please explain how this is possible?????

While is is true that the Soviet Unions official stance in the early 1900's was of science over religion, they never outlawed religion. Churches remained open and folks still worshiped. Seems the promise of salvation is too persuasive for even a communist government to quell.

Oh and China officially recognizes 5 different religions.

I am still interested in learning of a society that is based on evolution.

I gave you specific examples of the specific agenda of communism. The fact that they allow "some state registered churches" to be open is for the exact propaganda purpose of deceiving gullible people like yourself does not mean they don't have an agenda to destroy theism over time. It also shows how little you know about how Communism truly works in reality. All you need to do in in any of those scenarios is start publicly sharing the gospel outside of a registered church building and the police will quickly show up to stop you. Again, take away atheism and evolution from the Communist party platform and it will die.
Have you ever been in a former Communist country and talked to people? Have you ever talked to anyone who has been in China for an extended period of time and knows what really is happening there? I have done both -- have you?

Last edited by Thunderstick; 08/28/19.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

And again you resort to a contemporary dictionary for a modern definition of a word that comes from and which definition was derived from -- classical but more particularly from Koine Greek. You want to use a dictionary whenever it suits you except when it comes to defining the word "theory." can you not see how illogical that is?

A belief held without the support of evidence is a belief held on faith. It's as simple as that. Your objections are just a smokescreen.

Sir you are being deliberately obtuse in face of the definition of biblical faith--which definition is derived by the root word in Greek and its contextual meaning in scripture. You may be a purveyor of your theories, but understand they carry no intellectual credibility.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How life started is a different issue to life evolving. Life evolves. How life got started being more difficult to determine. It may be an extremely rare event, just the right conditions must be present, but we don't yet know what these are.

Which does not mean: we don't know this, therefore God.

The evolutionary theory of life cannot evolve unless it can first start. We have found one point of agreement though--and that we both know that evolution is totally useless theory when it come explaining the origins of life because it is a statistical impossibility.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 08/28/19.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How life started is a different issue to life evolving. Life evolves. How life got started being more difficult to determine. It may be an extremely rare event, just the right conditions must be present, but we don't yet know what these are.

The evolutionary theory of life cannot evolve unless it can first start. We have found one point of agreement though--and that we both know that evolution is totally useless theory when it come explaining the origins of life because it is a statistical impossibility.

That's like denying that your house burned down, because you can't explain what sparked it, even though you're staring at it up in flames. You might stubbornly refuse to acknowledge your house burned down, but it won't alter the fact that it evidently did.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Sir, any Being who can create a sun can create light without a sun. This Being would create light first in order for starlight to reach the earth without relying on the stars to generate it. Sorta logical for Someone who knows that.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's like denying that your house burned down, because you can't explain what sparked it, even though you're staring at it up in flames.

Bad analogy - its like saying my house burned down when I cannot prove that I ever had a house that was built.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Actually you could infer you had a house if you saw the ashes etc. from the fire. We see the results of evolution. We theorize it happened and, mirblu dictu, we find intermediate forms in older layers of rock, and no modern forms there.

Obviously life changed. That's the evidence.

Tell me what is the evidence that most of your Old Testament stuff happened. And don't say "the Bible is true because the Bible said it was true." Some of us graduated from elementary school.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

The Evolutionary Theory of Life started evolving well before Darwin.

What you MEANT to say is that the Theory of how life evolves cannot exist without knowing how life started. That is, of course, ridiculous. It continues to evolve even without knowing how it started because we are watching it happen. It is sort of like being at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. You can rank the finishers without knowing how, when, or even where they started. Pretty simple.

I regularly watch the finishes of NASCAR races and baseball games without ever having seen them start. It's not hard to figure this stuff out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's like denying that your house burned down, because you can't explain what sparked it, even though you're staring at it up in flames. You might stubbornly refuse to acknowledge your house burned down, but it won't alter the fact that it evidently did.

You still sound silly to the creationists and stupid to evolutionists. Give up on your theistic evolution. God did NOT use evolution. Consider these problems.

I see the two colomn didn't copy from my essays correctly. I hope you can follow what is Bible and what is fable.

Comparing Creation with Evolution
Rich Coyle April 4, 2013
(541) 450-4170 richlovessuemsn.com

Certainly one who believes God created using evolutionary concepts does not understand either. Creation demands life while evolution demands death. God’s Word says the last enemy He will destroy is death. But I am getting ahead of myself. Let’s start with some beginnings.

Creation:

Infinite Being by the Power of His Word calls time, space and mater into existence

Water everywhere shrouded in darkness before anything else, then God made light and established the day night cycle, first day

God separated the water below from the water above, second day

God made the earth from water below and is cool, near the center of the known universe based on the science of the Sloan Digital Sky camera and Hubble’s Red Shift and separated the dry land from the ocean so dry land appeared and plant life appeared after its kind, on land before life in water, third day

Sun, moon and stars created after earth for signs and seasons and days and years, forth day

God made large and small life forms in

Evolution:

Begins with nothing

The singularity or cosmic egg, contrary to the bedrock of scientific thought of cause and effect, nothing becomes something and “inflates” and “explodes” in equilateral dispersion and causes light. This breaks Newton’s law of a body at rest remains at rest unless acted on by an outside force.

Gas clouds form contrary to known gas mechanics of gas. Gas pressure is at least fifty times greater than the gravitational pull on the molecules

Stars form from gas clouds then explode after forming heavy elements

Star particles form more celestial things including planets

Earth is formed from white hot gas and cools for millions of years while being bathed in light from the evolving sun

Oceans forms
water and flying creatures above the water after their kind, fifth day

God created small and large land animals to reproduce after their kind. Finally God formed man from the dust and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life making him unique among physical life, sixth day

Bible creation eschatology says Heaven and earth will end hot.

All this is consistent with the scientific concept of an effect cannot be equal to
or greater than its cause.

Reproducing life spontaneously forms large marine plants and animals

Marine creatures evolve into multi-cellular plants and animals, some animals develop lungs, move onto land and including evolve in the plants and animals up to man, who is nothing more than an advanced animal

Cosmos suffers ultimate heat death through entropy and ends cold

This entire process contradicts the scientific concept of an effect cannot be equal to or greater than its cause.

One person tried to use falling dominos to show an effect can be greater than its cause. Immediately I suggested he didn’t take into account the multiple hours an intelligent being spent setting up the desired effect. Therefore the falling dominos verified the correct interpretation of science’s cause and effect.

For the student of God’s Word, the Bible, who accepts It as the final authority there is no difficulty fitting all scientific observations into God’s creation. He does not try to insert fallible man’s opinions above God’s Word. We see God created Adam and Eve mature, ready to “be fruitful and multiply”. Obviously the plants

and trees were mature because this first couple could not wait for a growing season before they could eat.

Looking a bit further one realizes the entire universe was obviously created mature. It does not have the appearance of age because age is an interpretation imposed on the evidence.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually you could infer you had a house if you saw the ashes etc. from the fire. We see the results of evolution. We theorize it happened and, mirblu dictu, we find intermediate forms in older layers of rock, and no modern forms there.

Obviously life changed. That's the evidence.

Tell me what is the evidence that most of your Old Testament stuff happened. And don't say "the Bible is true because the Bible said it was true." Some of us graduated from elementary school.

I agree "life" changed. Animals are smaller than in the "fossil record" and not as diverse. Just as one would expect if a "very good" creation happened followed by a curse. As far as your intermediate forms: There should be multiple millions for scientists to exam. There are scant few and everyone doesn't even agree they are intermediate forms. It requires lots of blind faith the continue believing and preaching your religion.

Archeologists tend to disagree with you on the Historicity of the Old Testament and the New Testament. There is ample documentation if you are serious, but I doubt you are.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Sir, any Being who can create a sun can create light without a sun. This Being would create light first in order for starlight to reach the earth without relying on the stars to generate it. Sorta logical for Someone who knows that.

Excellent response. Very clear. I suspect he will read and not comprehend and continue on his merry way.

A clear example of reacting poorly when hit with a resounding slap of cognitive dissonance.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's sounding more and more like it's all an alien/god experiment.

either that, or the experiment is over and the zoo remains.

bio-chemists are a clever bunch.

even hitler had his suspicions.

Page 107 of 117 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.