Print Thread
Hop To
Page 108 of 117 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 116 117
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
You still sound silly to the creationists and stupid to evolutionists. Give up on your theistic evolution. God did NOT use evolution.

As bearing on Christianity, I may well sound stupid to the atheists, and as bearing on science, I may well sound silly to the Young Earth Creationists. To me, I just sound like a non-science-denying Christian who sees no contradiction between science and revelation.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Gas clouds form contrary to known gas mechanics of gas. Gas pressure is at least fifty times greater than the gravitational pull on the molecules

Discussing science with you is not very fruitful because you are a functional illiterate on the subject and one has to have a high school education to understand the argument.

For instance, I ask for any evidence, outside of the Bible, that the miracles in Genesis happened. Instead of evidence, you just repeat the assertions and try to refute the overwhelming opinion of science by saying things that indicate you don't understand what you're talking about, or have read from bissed sources.

The above statement is an example.

The "known mechanics of gas" are such that pressure depends on gas density and temperature (duh). Gravitationsl force depends on the mass of the attractor and its distance. (duh). So gravity can easily overcome gas pressuren in many circumstances. How do you think the earth holds onto its air? (duh, duh, duh.) How do you think the sun, which is 100% gas and has a temperature of 6000 degrees Kelvin, keeps from flying apart? (duh, duh, duh, duh.)

I ask again, WHAT SPECIFIC EVIDENCE IS THERE, OUTSIDE OF THE ASSERTIONS IN THE BIBLE, THAT THE MOST ABSURD PARTS OF GENESIS HAPPENED??

And do YOU believe in talking snakes?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Gas clouds form contrary to known gas mechanics of gas. Gas pressure is at least fifty times greater than the gravitational pull on the molecules

Discussing science with you is not very fruitful because you are a functional illiterate on the subject and one has to have a high school education to understand the argument.

For instance, I ask for any evidence, outside of the Bible, that the miracles in Genesis happened. Instead of evidence, you just repeat the assertions and try to refute the overwhelming opinion of science by saying things that indicate you don't understand what you're talking about, or have read from bissed sources.

The above statement is an example.

The "known mechanics of gas" are such that pressure depends on gas density and temperature (duh). Gravitationsl force depends on the mass of the attractor and its distance. (duh). So gravity can easily overcome gas pressuren in many circumstances. How do you think the earth holds onto its air? (duh, duh, duh.) How do you think the sun, which is 100% gas and has a temperature of 6000 degrees Kelvin, keeps from flying apart? (duh, duh, duh, duh.)

I ask again, WHAT SPECIFIC EVIDENCE IS THERE, OUTSIDE OF THE ASSERTIONS IN THE BIBLE, THAT THE MOST ABSURD PARTS OF GENESIS HAPPENED??

And do YOU believe in talking snakes?

So, we have some astrophysicists who claim, without observational evidence, clouds turn into stars. We have others who are just as educated who disagree. One is based on the unseen faith that things cannot be created in their present condition and the other depends on things we can see and not guess about what happened in the unseen past.

There are no "MOST ABSURD PARTS OF GENESIS" for the Bible believer It is all sober history. You start from an opposite bias as me. We were not there and know no one who was and take our positions on faith: Yours that God is not real and mine is that the God of the Bible is more real than we are.

No.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT

And again you resort to a contemporary dictionary for a modern definition of a word that comes from and which definition was derived from -- classical but more particularly from Koine Greek. You want to use a dictionary whenever it suits you except when it comes to defining the word "theory." can you not see how illogical that is?

A belief held without the support of evidence is a belief held on faith. It's as simple as that. Your objections are just a smokescreen.

Sir you are being deliberately obtuse in face of the definition of biblical faith--which definition is derived by the root word in Greek and its contextual meaning in scripture. You may be a purveyor of your theories, but understand they carry no intellectual credibility.

I'm not the one being obtuse. It is you who is trying to impose a meaning to faith that is not applicable. The bible itself defines faith as a belief held without evidence; Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen - Hebrews.

But maybe you just don't understand the definition or significance of faith.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How life started is a different issue to life evolving. Life evolves. How life got started being more difficult to determine. It may be an extremely rare event, just the right conditions must be present, but we don't yet know what these are.

Which does not mean: we don't know this, therefore God.

The evolutionary theory of life cannot evolve unless it can first start. We have found one point of agreement though--and that we both know that evolution is totally useless theory when it come explaining the origins of life because it is a statistical impossibility.

How life got started in no way, shape or form negates the fact that life evolves in response to environmental conditions, genetic diversity, mutations, etc....

You still engage with the fallacy of ''we don't know x, therefore God.''

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
How life started is a different issue to life evolving. Life evolves. How life got started being more difficult to determine. It may be an extremely rare event, just the right conditions must be present, but we don't yet know what these are.

The evolutionary theory of life cannot evolve unless it can first start. We have found one point of agreement though--and that we both know that evolution is totally useless theory when it come explaining the origins of life because it is a statistical impossibility.

How life got started in no way, shape or form negates the fact that life evolves in response to environmental conditions, genetic diversity, mutations, etc....

Wrong! We know what did NOT happen. Therefore God.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
only man is arrogant enough to think they can tell what happened a million yrs ago from a fossil.... lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
.. The bible itself defines faith as a belief held without evidence;

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen - Hebrews.

Jesus to Thomas;

John 20:29 (NASB)
Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

thus reinforcing that 'believing' without having evidence or proof is what 'faith' is truelly about...

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/john/20-29.htm

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Wrong! We know what did NOT happen. Therefore God.

What exactly is this thing 'we know did not happen' and how do we actually 'know' this?

Plus the claim "we know what did not happen" does not logically equate to "God" - which is also unexplained.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
only man is arrogant enough to think they can tell what happened a million yrs ago from a fossil.... lmao

Yet it is man that tells us that God, whatever that is, created the universe.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

At least we creationists appeal to Something rather than nothing, which can do nothing, for all we see. You choose blind faith over logic.
And then try to smugly act as though you have the upper hand.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT

i believe in a higher power but not organized religion. last time i had surgery they had to resuscitate me i can remember what went on the operating room when that happened.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

At least we creationists appeal to Something rather than nothing, which can do nothing, for all we see. You choose blind faith over logic.
And then try to smugly act as though you have the upper hand.

Except that science doesn't appeal to 'nothing' Something exists and that something works on a defined set of principles which we call physics, strong force, weak force, gravity, etc. Science does not appeal to anything, it simply observes the world and learns about it through rigorous testing....weeding out errors in the process.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

i believe in a higher power but not organized religion. last time i had surgery they had to resuscitate me i can remember what went on the operating room when that happened.

How does that relate to a higher power?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DBT

Your point and it's relationship to the fact that evolution happens?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Only a few men are proudly ignorant enough to believe it didn't.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If I supplied you with the name of the lab and the lab workers you would not accept them, despite the fact they are all evolutionists scientists.

HAW! HAW! HAW! I suspect it didn't really happen.

So answer me this, Einstein. If God made the light and the darkness BEFORE he made the sun and the moon, how is that possible? The sun is what MAKES the light. Or maybe Genesis ! is just plain wrong.

Sir, any Being who can create a sun can create light without a sun. This Being would create light first in order for starlight to reach the earth without relying on the stars to generate it. Sorta logical for Someone who knows that.

Excellent response. Very clear. I suspect he will read and not comprehend and continue on his merry way.

A clear example of reacting poorly when hit with a resounding slap of cognitive dissonance.

Not clear at all. This first light, it came from where? There was no where for it to come from, and it went where?

Such light does not exist in this universe, so what evidence do you have of this amazing Nuevo Light existed? Have you generated this typ of light in the lab? Do you have a mathematics that explains how it exists stationary in time and space? Tell us more about this first light because it is unlike and photon beam we know today. It must really be something.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sir, any Being who can create a sun can create light without a sun.

So why then create a sun to produce light , when one has already created light?

.. This Being would create light first in order for starlight to reach the earth without relying on the stars to generate it.
Sorta logical for Someone who knows that.

Whats wrong with just relying on the stars to generate starlight?

Simple: create stars at just the right time and place, and you have starlight arriving exactly when and where you want it.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, what a tangled web they weave....:)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well its seems God created interim light, so he could have time to get a process up and running to provide light proper.

Page 108 of 117 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.