Print Thread
Hop To
Page 109 of 117 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 116 117
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Starman

Well its seems God created interim light, so he could have time to get a process up and running to provide light proper.

Well obviously, we dont' know anything about light since we don't know anything about the first photon. Obviously light, like evolution can't happen since we don't know how it could have started.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Oh, what a tangled web they weave....:)

Here is something new they can get tangled up in trying to unexplain it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/28/worl...ustralopithecus-anamensis-scn/index.html

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Well its seems God created interim light, so he could have time to get a process up and running to provide light proper.

Tricky Fellow, red shift/Doppler effect, stars forming and dying added for good measure to give every appearance of the passage of billions of years.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by DBT
Oh, what a tangled web they weave....:)

Here is something new they can get tangled up in trying to unexplain it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/28/worl...ustralopithecus-anamensis-scn/index.html

They'll probably just brush it off as a Monkey.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
"We're eager to conduct more work in these deposits to understand the environment of the MRD specimen, the relationship to climate change"

LOL

And they "think" it's a male.

How cute.

Anything's possible, when you have enough faith.

At least, they're honest enough ta report that if ya believe in evolution, climate change naturally follows.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by DBT
only man is arrogant enough to think they can tell what happened a million yrs ago from a fossil.... lmao

Yet it is man that tells us that God, whatever that is, created the universe.

i believe in a higher power but not organized religion. last time i had surgery they had to resuscitate me i can remember what went on the operating room when that happened.

Your point and it's relationship to the fact that evolution happens?

no that there is a higher power and you leave your body when you die, which i did for a while.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Out of body experience/lucid dreams are common. The near death experience has been generated in the lab using healthy patients who were not at risk of dying.

''What happens when you die? As she lay blindfolded in a seat in a dimly lit room, Anna* came close to finding out.

But Anna wasn't dying, or even close to death, when she entered what she described as an alternate realm. Instead, she was among 13 volunteers who had agreed to take the powerful hallucinogenic dimethyltryptamine (DMT) for a study conducted by the psychedelic research group at Imperial College London, U.K.

The researchers, who watched Anna surf her consciousness in the low light of the research room at one of the world's most prestigious research institutions, pumped the volunteers with the psychedelic to learn how close DMT could bring a person to the sensation of skirting death.

DMT's trip is said to mimic the feeling of almost dying so accurately that those who take it describe hallucinations that mirror near-death experiences—psychological events reported by people who have come close to or believe they have come close to dying.''

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The bright white light at the end of tunnel that people see as they die is due to the effects of loss of peripheral vision as vision starts to shut down.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/29/19.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And hearing talking snakes, seeing someone walk on water or part a sea could be caused by ingestion of a special blend of ergot.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ERGOT;

Also known as “St. Anthony’s Fire” ..or “Devil’s curse.”

it has been suggest an outbreak of convulsive ergotism led to accusations of bewitchment in Europe and Salem.

but don't let medical science get in the way of christians believing folks were possessed.

Originally Posted by DBT
Out of body experience/lucid dreams are common....''

Some claim that people have temporarily died and seen the terrifying hell christians believe in.,
before making a comeback to continue leading their mortal lives.

however, I don't understand why God would send anyone to hell who didn't rightfully belong there.

from what I recall from scripture, folks only go to hell to await judgement, never heard of any temporary
visitor passes being issued.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DBT
only man is arrogant enough to think they can tell what happened a million yrs ago from a fossil.... lmao

i believe in a higher power but not organized religion. last time i had surgery they had to resuscitate me i can remember what went on the operating room when that happened.

Your point and it's relationship to the fact that evolution happens?

no that there is a higher power and you leave your body when you die, which i did for a while.

Sure - if you like that you should try some of those hippie drugs from the 60s and 70s. I hear they really give you a good trip.

Guy has a hallucination and thinks he was knockin' on heaven's door. Hilarious.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Gas clouds form contrary to known gas mechanics of gas. Gas pressure is at least fifty times greater than the gravitational pull on the molecules

Discussing science with you is not very fruitful because you are a functional illiterate on the subject and one has to have a high school education to understand the argument.

For instance, I ask for any evidence, outside of the Bible, that the miracles in Genesis happened. Instead of evidence, you just repeat the assertions and try to refute the overwhelming opinion of science by saying things that indicate you don't understand what you're talking about, or have read from bissed sources.

The above statement is an example.

The "known mechanics of gas" are such that pressure depends on gas density and temperature (duh). Gravitationsl force depends on the mass of the attractor and its distance. (duh). So gravity can easily overcome gas pressuren in many circumstances. How do you think the earth holds onto its air? (duh, duh, duh.) How do you think the sun, which is 100% gas and has a temperature of 6000 degrees Kelvin, keeps from flying apart? (duh, duh, duh, duh.)

I ask again, WHAT SPECIFIC EVIDENCE IS THERE, OUTSIDE OF THE ASSERTIONS IN THE BIBLE, THAT THE MOST ABSURD PARTS OF GENESIS HAPPENED??

And do YOU believe in talking snakes?

So, we have some astrophysicists who claim, without observational evidence, clouds turn into stars. We have others who are just as educated who disagree. One is based on the unseen faith that things cannot be created in their present condition and the other depends on things we can see and not guess about what happened in the unseen past.

There are no "MOST ABSURD PARTS OF GENESIS" for the Bible believer It is all sober history. You start from an opposite bias as me. We were not there and know no one who was and take our positions on faith: Yours that God is not real and mine is that the God of the Bible is more real than we are.

No.

What an absolute loon you are!

If 10,000 astrophysicists found evidence that gas clouds condense into stars, and the Hubble Space Telescope photographed it (which it has, by the way), and YOU found ONE astrophysicist that fell down the stairs and broke his arm, you would claim that "all astrophysicists have broken arms."

It is not possible to defend Genesis based on anything one can observe anywhere in the universe.

And...do YOU believe in talking snakes???

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Fubarski
"We're eager to conduct more work in these deposits to understand the environment of the MRD specimen, the relationship to climate change"

LOL

And they "think" it's a male.

How cute.

Anything's possible, when you have enough faith.

At least, they're honest enough ta report that if ya believe in evolution, climate change naturally follows.

No faith. Just evidence.

Climate change has been happening and affecting species for millions of years. No one disputes that. Ever hear of the Ice Age (duh)? You've gotta be pretty dumb to iognore stuff like that.

And what about they "think" it's a male? It's very hard to determine sex from hominin fossils if you don't have the pelvis.

"Anything's possible if you have enough faith." Let me ask you this, since ringman refuses to answer. do you actually believe in the entire book of genesis? Is thare any EVIDENCE that it happened?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

At least we creationists appeal to Something rather than nothing, which can do nothing, for all we see. You choose blind faith over logic.
And then try to smugly act as though you have the upper hand.

Except that science doesn't appeal to 'nothing' Something exists and that something works on a defined set of principles which we call physics, strong force, weak force, gravity, etc. Science does not appeal to anything, it simply observes the world and learns about it through rigorous testing....weeding out errors in the process.

"science" can't explain from where came absolute morality, beauty, gravity, and all the other "laws" we enjoy.

When's the last time "science" saw life come from non-life? When's the last time "science" saw a star form? When's the last time "science" saw one new animal form from a different animal instead of lots more extinction?

Creationists accept these things happened in the past and only go down hill from the curse onward.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Tricky Fellow, red shift/Doppler effect, stars forming and dying added for good measure to give every appearance of the passage of billions of years.

God claims in His Word He sends a deluding influence on those who wish to believe a lie. Like the old TV show, you are there.

Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

At least we creationists appeal to Something rather than nothing, which can do nothing, for all we see. You choose blind faith over logic.

Except that science doesn't appeal to 'nothing' Something exists and that something works on a defined set of principles which we call physics, strong force, weak force, gravity, etc. Science does not appeal to anything, it simply observes the world and learns about it through rigorous testing....weeding out errors in the process.

"science" can't explain from where came absolute morality, beauty, gravity, and all the other "laws" we enjoy.

When's the last time "science" saw life come from non-life? When's the last time "science" saw a star form? When's the last time "science" saw one new animal form from a different animal instead of lots more extinction?

Creationists accept these things happened in the past and only go down hill from the curse onward.

Actually science speaks directly to all of these things, as you should know, but obviously have a self-inflicted ignorance of.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[quote=IndyCA35"Anything's possible if you have enough faith." Let me ask you this, since ringman refuses to answer. do you actually believe in the entire book of genesis? Is thare any EVIDENCE that it happened?[/quote]

I'm am very sorry for my lack of being able to communicate about Genesis. I mentioned previously I accept all of Genesis as sober history. There is abundant historical evidence for the Whole Book of Genesis; which is rejected by the vast majority of people. Scientist reject it for the same reason the mill worker and the retail clerk reject it. They don't want to submit to the God Who created them.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
“....science speaks to....”

When considering LB’s comment, a thought came to mind.....

There is a stage and the grand symphony of life is being played.... majesty....grandeur..... immensity....complexity ..... and the mystery of the unknown... that’s the creation and the world we see....

Man’s science “speaking to it” is like a small young child.... sitting way in the back...away from the stage....beating on a toy drum.

The child can only comprehend the drum.... he only knows that he beats it and it makes noise..... he cannot see nor comprehend nor appreciate the grand symphony.

Man, for all his beating on the drum cannot explain what is happening on the stage..... man cannot create anything.... not even a single cell....

The child somehow does not realize that even the drum he beats has been given to him....he is only fascinated by his own action of hitting the drum and making a noise.

Starting to sound like Gus....? ..... no more lunesta for me

Time for a second cup of coffee.

Last edited by TF49; 08/29/19. Reason: Auto correct error

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Nobody is claiming that life just pops into existence here, there and everywhere. It may be an extremely rare event or it may be common, emerging wherever the conditions are right, complex chemistry interaction, energy input , etc....none of which has a bearing on the fact that there is life on Earth and it does evolve according to environmental conditions, genetic diversity, mutations, etc....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DBT

It may be an extremely rare event or it may be common, emerging wherever the conditions are right, complex chemistry interaction, energy input , etc....

In other words we (collectively) don't know a lot about it. Yet you seem sure that there is no Creator. I don't agree with Ringman but I fully understand why he makes his arguments for creationism. He's simply affirming his faith.

On the other hand I've often wondered why some argue so vehemently against the existence of a Creator. It's obvious that it can't be "proven" scientifically one way or the other, so the whole argument is pointless.

Seems to me that the argument agaist a Creator is not affirming anything, it's just an attempt to tear down the beliefs of others, to prove to people like Ringman that his faith is misguided.

In other words, a fools errand. Seems to be driven by envy of what others have.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 109 of 117 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 27 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.