-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by and moose season is knocking at the door. Leaving early Friday morning for 16 glorious days in moose camp and away from all the noise. Good luck to all those headed afield this fall.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
best of luck. Not sure where I'll be. May get time to fly to a friends camp and help out with the chores there. May or may not have time for Delta area.

Where are you headed this fall? CM?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Same place as always, south of Delta off the Rich, we'll be there the whole season.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Going to be a while to go where I want. I can’t/won’t subject myself and horses to hours in flames and smoke of 31 miles of flaming highway.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That could really cramp a guys style.

Good luck to everyone.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Headed to Interior remote cabin for a week on Friday, ormaybe Saturday, fire be damned. Picking wife up in Fairbanks morning of 1st, returning from a week in Spain.

I would be (more) pissed that she booked herself two weeks of vacation Outside (leaving from Fairbanks again) for the prime half of the season (violating our agreement back in May that we would spend all season or until a moose goes down)) but we have two caribou, so our meat is good. Don't need a moose (and they are a LOT of work), but taking a rifle or two anyway. And a shotgun for a chance at geese.

If either or both want to offer up, who am I to refuse?

I MIGHT vacuum the house before she gets home on the 23rd. I'm damned sure not dusting it. Except with my butt., where I sit. smile. Decisions have consequences...

I have things that need doing. Luckily it seems my Ram's transmission is still ok - there was some question at the last oil change. Whew!

Gotta go weld a fender on the boat trailer now, and start rounding up gear for packing.

This retirement gig is a lot of work!

More coffee!

Last edited by las; 08/28/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Guess I have to vacuum anyway. Scratch one trip.

Renter had fire to apt last night. Everyone safe. Unit totaled looks like. 2nd unit underneath problematic, but uninhabitable with shared gas and elec turned off, some water damage. Wouldn't be surprised if adjuster doesn't total entire building.

Am I having fun yet?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Wow! Good luck w that.

The bldg with your shop?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Same place as always, south of Delta off the Rich, we'll be there the whole season.

Cell service? If so Ill call if I"m in the area. Not sure now. Still hoping to fly out and help the end of moose season with a guide buddy. But they keep adding fishing trips up here...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by las
Guess I have to vacuum anyway. Scratch one trip.

Renter had fire to apt last night. Everyone safe. Unit totaled looks like. 2nd unit underneath problematic, but uninhabitable with shared gas and elec turned off, some water damage. Wouldn't be surprised if adjuster doesn't total entire building.

Am I having fun yet?

That sucks. Prayer or two for all involved. Hope you get it sorted out well enough

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time in a longtime not going moose hunting, going to partake in opening day of duck season.. good luck to everyone going moose hunting

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Skipping the opener or the whole moose season? I really only care about the last week of moose season anyway.

Good luck with ducks. Haven't shot at a duck in forever.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Going to escape the madness at my house for a quick 5-6 day caribou hunt with my oldest boy in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to getting out of town for a few days!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cwh2
Skipping the opener or the whole moose season? I really only care about the last week of moose season anyway.

Good luck with ducks. Haven't shot at a duck in forever.

Just the opener, my buddies also drew Rex trail muzzleloader tags starts nov 15, so going to go do that hunt with them as well

Last edited by 79S; 08/28/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I know it’s hard to make out from this crappy cell phone pic, but saw this monster on the way back to JBER after our Caribou hunt.

John

[Linked Image]

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a good one.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Cell service? If so Ill call if I"m in the area. Not sure now. Still hoping to fly out and help the end of moose season with a guide buddy. But they keep adding fishing trips up here...
It depends on where in the drainage I am at the time, there's several spots where we get good cell phone coverage and it's in areas where we usually sit and glass for bulls.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I am sitting out moose season again this year. Last year I was out of country working and this year, well lots of variables. Start a new job next week, so I think I will just go duck hunting Sunday and Monday. I called a buddy about moose hunting out where we bear bait at, and he told me it's so darn crowded it's not worth it. I went out there moose hunting in 2017, and saw three other hunters. He said another guy that bear baits the area went hunting it earlier in the week, and he said there was almost a 100 people out hunting the area. It's from all of those hunters impacted by the Deshka and McKinley fires going to other areas.

I went out grouse hunting this morning, no grouse, but I found a pretty good duck hunting place. So, my plan is to give it a try opening day.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.