-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could be wrong, but I think Peyton Manning won two Super Bowls. One in Indianapolis and one in Denver.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Manning did indeed win two SB trophies. But the one w Denver, their defense won it, Manning just happened to be their QB.

Still counts though ,[quote=lastround]I could be wrong, but I think Peyton Manning won two Super Bowls.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by lastround
I could be wrong, but I think Peyton Manning won two Super Bowls. One in Indianapolis and one in Denver.

And you wouldn’t be wrong.

As to the original question, I’d go Brady, Montana, and a toss up between Peyton and Rogers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 35
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Brady, Montana, Bradshaw.

I’m not going to look it up, but you probably can’t put together three other QBs with more Super Bowls together.

BINGO !!

x3

By the way, still time to join my NFL Pick 'Em league all you armchair quarterbacks. Shoot me a pm if interested.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by slumlord
Cmon Texas boys...someone say Vince Young

LOL.........ole Bud Adams set the Tennessee Titans franchise back 10 years because he just had to have VY as his draft pick, and to become the next Steve McNair.....who by the way, was mediocre at best.

How does Jeff Fisher keep getting head coaching jobs in the NFL? He is in no way a good coach. Not blaming him for all of VY’s problems but he had no ideal how to use VY and did not want him there from the word go. Bad situation all around.

You have to ask yourself how did Steve McNair go from being a total stud in the year the Titan's went to the SuperBowl to a below average QB after all those years with Fisher....

Last edited by Rockymtnhigh; 08/30/19.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Cmon Texas boys...someone say Vince Young

What? And slight Jamarcus Russell?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Brady
Manning
Montana
Marino

Anyone who does not have Manning in the top three does not know football.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I would take Aikman, Elway. And Brees as my 3 QB’s

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Not the GOAT, but Kenny Stabler was no slouch.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Brady, Manning, Marino, (but being on the right team at the right time means sooo much!).

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Brady certainly has the qualifications to be included. Peyton Manning is another I would have, very intelligent student of the game. Then it becomes a tossup with lots of guys in the running, even from the fairly recent past. (Steve Young, Aikman, Elway, etc.) I always thought Marino had a great arm (and quick release) but otherwise was very average. I must admit to not watching it the past few years though!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i would take Brett Farve or John Elway those 2 were dang tough and would play hurt and knew how to win even with a poorer pro team.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Joe Montana
Steve Young
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre

Brady has been a huge success but I can't help but think he is a product of that system in NE. Heck even Cassel looked good when Brady went down.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Manning did indeed win two SB trophies. But the one w Denver, their defense won it, Manning just happened to be their QB.

This. I was at the AFC championship game in Denver and the way in which the defense smothered the Pats was something to behold.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Montana
Bradshaw
Warner

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For a long time Joe Namath was thought to be the GOAT.

By whom? Never heard that before. I wouldn't put Namath in the top 50. You can't just look at Super Bowl wins nor appearances either. Bradshaw was in bunch and won some, but he was surrounded by a solid team. He was an average QB at most, the STEEL curtain won for Pittsburgh. Same goes for a lot of others.

Matt Ryan is my home town pick. Not a true GOAT contender, but under rated. The only reason he hasn't won a superbowl was stupid coaching decisions. He is surrounded with more weapons on offense than any other team in the league. He needs a defense. Among QB's playing today I'd rank him in the top 4 with Brees, Brady, and Rogers.

Drew Brees has had a great career surrounded by mediocre players and on teams with weak defenses. I'd have to rank him near the top even though he hasn't had nearly the success in the playoff's.

Brett Favre gets my iron man award. He wasn't the most talented, but he had a cannon for an arm and just kept coming at you. I respect his grit and ability to make plays when there was none. That trait also meant crucial mistakes at times. Just remember, Babe Ruth not only held the home run record for years, but the strikeout record too. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Peyton Manning changed the game. It isn't played the same today as it was pre-Manning. He deserves credit for the cerebral side of the sport. Not the best athlete, but probably the smartest. He knew what defenses were going to do before they did. Tennessee didn't win the big one when Peyton was there. But having him there was the recruiting tool that brought the athletes necessary to do the job after he left. And in the pros he was never surrounded by quality players either.

Brady has to be #1. But at the same time I have to wonder if Belichick made Brady the GOAT, or of Brady made Belicheck one of the top coaches of all time. Had they not gotten together neither may have had more than mediocre careers. The Patriots just get the job done with whoever is in the lineup. They get rookies for cheap and they make plays, they get guys released by other teams and turn them into All-Pros. I may not like him, but have to respect Brady.

There were a lot of good QB's that led the league in their day. Staubach, Aikman, Elway etc. But the league has changed so much that they wouldn't be more than average players today. Same with some of the young guys. Mahomes may prove to be a good one. But he ain't there yet.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brady, Montana, can't decide between Elway or Bradshaw

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Staubach, Bradshaw, Stabler

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, and Al Bundy....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Joe Montana
Steve Young
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre

Brady has been a huge success but I can't help but think he is a product of that system in NE. Heck even Cassel looked good when Brady went down.

I think that all of the quarterbacks of more recent vintage are products of the system in which they operate. Even back in the days of yore, I thought that some very successful quarterbacks (Starr and Griese to name two) were more technicians than "quarterbacks".

(To fend off the cries of outrage, that is not meant to demean them.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,753
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.