That has to be a couple hundred rounds.

Ridin' bandoleer?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
saying the dude was white is racist. Plain and obviously simple. What does white have to do with it.

No doubt !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" Frantic moment west Texas cops corner and kill white gunman"

Why the need for the racial reference here?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
saying the dude was white is racist. Plain and obviously simple. What does white have to do with it.

White = conservative = trump = devil

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
He hit 24, after a simple traffic stop?

Ridin' bandoleer?

It wouldn’t be difficult at all with all the traffic bunched up on Interstate 20 going right through there. The traffic is super heavy with all of the oilfield trucks bunching the cars up in big packs and only two lanes of traffic each way.
The traffic jams are horrible all the way though Midland & Odessa. Lots of wrecks everywhere bringing the flow of traffic to almost a standstill all the time too. Lots of road construction too.
It would be like a mobile shooting gallery if the shooter was even halfway proficient.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/31/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Yep!!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
5 dead 21 wounded suspect killed. HORRIBLE stuff

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Here is the bottom line on all this. Criminals and the mentally deficient are controlling the future of the 2A.

... bolsheviks.

Same, same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And here we go!!! 😡

DemoRats NEVER waste a tragedy as an opportunity to show their Commie ASSES ! 😡

Democrats voice frustration over blocked gun-control agenda after Texas shootings: 'This is f---ed up,' Beto tweets

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-react-to-mass-shooting-in-west-texas

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Armednfree
" Frantic moment west Texas cops corner and kill white gunman"

Why the need for the racial reference here?

Wake.

Up.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
: 'This is f---ed up,' Beto tweets

If he said this while looking in a mirror, I would have to agree with him.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Ridin' bandoleer?

It wouldn’t be difficult at all with all the traffic bunched up on Interstate 20 going right through there. The traffic is super heavy with all of the oilfield trucks bunching the cars up in big packs and only two lanes of traffic each way.
The traffic jams are horrible all the way though Midland & Odessa. Lots of wrecks everywhere bringing the flow of traffic to almost a standstill all the time too. Lots of road construction too.
It would be like a mobile shooting gallery if the shooter was even halfway proficient.

You did not answer my question.

Why would a random driver (even in TX) have over 200 rds at his immediate access?

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Double post.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Up here open carry is so common that I find myself doing it often too. Not intentionally, but then again any idiot up here would likely get waxed pretty quickly with a LOT of folks carrying for 4 legged critters.
My 34 year old son worked up at Fairbanks for several months last year and did a lot of hiking and sightseeing (always packing) on his days off. He ran into a fellow southerner from Louisiana in some remote place who told him why he liked Alaska. He said everybody up there was carrying a gun and people do not mess with or accost other people. Not knowing the particulars about this West TX fiasco, but it sure seems odd that some Texas citizen didn't stop this carnage sooner.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Several people have asked why somebody didn't stop the shooter before they did in supposedly heavily armed Texas. I'll say I don't know but offer up a possibility that goes along with my own experience.

Somebody said something about it being too inconvenient to carry all the time. Maybe I'm at fault, but that's my excuse. I farm. That means since I'm a small farmer, I don't have ten guys out doing my work for me and just overseeing it. That means WORK. In the old days of yore and such with Injuns lurking about, farmers and ranchers HAD to carry their guns regardless of inconvenience-yet they got killed all the time. That was because, it goes beyond inconvenience into, you can't get anything done toting a gun or with one on when you're REALLY working hard. No use in having a deep concealment gun ON YOUR PERSON when you're down in the ditch digging it, fixing a fence, etc. You're on YOUR place so why not open carry? No use having the CCW digging in from the IWB holster or whatever, so just open carry. But then you've got your pants sagged and whatnot due to the bigger and better gun you're carrying plus a couple of extra mags. So you end up not carrying or having the gun in your truck, tractor, stacked against a fence post (if you decided to carry a rifle or shotgun 'cause it's better), etc. That's why the Injuns could kill so many folks, because when you're working your attention is on THE WORK and not some bad guy skulking up on you. Day after day and so it goes. You may not even be carrying because you're thinking about getting the work done not shootings. And when you go to town you're not stopping to get your gun because you need the part NOW and before the damned implement store closes at 5:30 on Friday not to open again 'til Monday and hellfire, not then if it's frickin' Labor Day. What are the odds on getting shot even today? Odessa, Texas scares me because I live far away but still in the Oil Patch with towns like Odessa all around. Republic, Missouri is a town not far from me and they disarmed a kid in the Walmart I've been in lots of times. But still and all, what are the odds? And everybody knows it. The people being targeted are WORKING PEOPLE or kids who can't carry. People that work are preoccupied with earning a living because if they don't, nobody's gonna give it to them and they wouldn't take it if they could.

I even carry in my cab tractor when I can and sometimes on my open station one too. If something happens, it wouldn't surprise me if I was out/off of it or otherwise away from it though. Same for my truck. It's just damned hard doing difficult physical labor or mechanic work, to be carrying right on your person. I reckon it's the same for the oil field guys who probably aren't even allowed to carry by their bosses. The bosses don't want some hawgleg gettin' dropped and killing their best guy. They don't want a couple of roustabouts getting pissed at each other and shooting it out on company time. So...no guns. A few years back, some folks even had to sue Phillips which is south of me not far, because their policy wouldn't allow firearms even in the cars in the parking lot. To my mind, that's going too far and Conoco Phillips is likely anti-gun like most other big corporations, but they also have legit reasons for their workers to not all be packing. They went too far with the one I was talking about but still...

So that's my take on why people aren't always armed even in a staunchly pro-gun area.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by add

Ridin' bandoleer?

You did not answer my question.

Why would a random driver (even in TX) have over 200 rds at his immediate access?

Wow a whopping 200 rounds,you aren’t serious are you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have not heard any round count or estimate. But maybe it was not just spraying rounds around, don't know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Several people have asked why somebody didn't stop the shooter before they did in supposedly heavily armed Texas. I'll say I don't know but offer up a possibility that goes along with my own experience.

Somebody said something about it being too inconvenient to carry all the time. Maybe I'm at fault, but that's my excuse. I farm. That means since I'm a small farmer, I don't have ten guys out doing my work for me and just overseeing it. That means WORK. In the old days of yore and such with Injuns lurking about, farmers and ranchers HAD to carry their guns regardless of inconvenience-yet they got killed all the time. That was because, it goes beyond inconvenience into, you can't get anything done toting a gun or with one on when you're REALLY working hard. No use in having a deep concealment gun ON YOUR PERSON when you're down in the ditch digging it, fixing a fence, etc. You're on YOUR place so why not open carry? No use having the CCW digging in from the IWB holster or whatever, so just open carry. But then you've got your pants sagged and whatnot due to the bigger and better gun you're carrying plus a couple of extra mags. So you end up not carrying or having the gun in your truck, tractor, stacked against a fence post (if you decided to carry a rifle or shotgun 'cause it's better), etc. That's why the Injuns could kill so many folks, because when you're working your attention is on THE WORK and not some bad guy skulking up on you. Day after day and so it goes. You may not even be carrying because you're thinking about getting the work done not shootings. And when you go to town you're not stopping to get your gun because you need the part NOW and before the damned implement store closes at 5:30 on Friday not to open again 'til Monday and hellfire, not then if it's frickin' Labor Day. What are the odds on getting shot even today? Odessa, Texas scares me because I live far away but still in the Oil Patch with towns like Odessa all around. Republic, Missouri is a town not far from me and they disarmed a kid in the Walmart I've been in lots of times. But still and all, what are the odds? And everybody knows it. The people being targeted are WORKING PEOPLE or kids who can't carry. People that work are preoccupied with earning a living because if they don't, nobody's gonna give it to them and they wouldn't take it if they could.

I even carry in my cab tractor when I can and sometimes on my open station one too. If something happens, it wouldn't surprise me if I was out/off of it or otherwise away from it though. Same for my truck. It's just damned hard doing difficult physical labor or mechanic work, to be carrying right on your person. I reckon it's the same for the oil field guys who probably aren't even allowed to carry by their bosses. The bosses don't want some hawgleg gettin' dropped and killing their best guy. They don't want a couple of roustabouts getting pissed at each other and shooting it out on company time. So...no guns. A few years back, some folks even had to sue Phillips which is south of me not far, because their policy wouldn't allow firearms even in the cars in the parking lot. To my mind, that's going too far and Conoco Phillips is likely anti-gun like most other big corporations, but they also have legit reasons for their workers to not all be packing. They went too far with the one I was talking about but still...

So that's my take on why people aren't always armed even in a staunchly pro-gun area.

I am always armed everywhere I go here on the farm, as well as anywhere else I go. However, there is reality, and there is fantasy. We've all seen the movies of the cowboys wearing a belt full of 45 ammo, and a couple of Colts strapped on, as well as a Winchester in the scabbard, and roping cows and jumping off the horse and tying them up, and branding them. That's pretty much fantasy. Reality is that it can be hard to do certain things while carrying, and you may have to adjust what you would normally do.

I have found it very comfortable to carry an 8 shoot 22 revolver, with a 2 inch barrel, on my belt, and it's the one I usually carry the most when I'm working on the farm. In addition, I have gun racks in my UTV, on my 4-wheeler, and I made one that is mounted in cab of my tractor. I also keep a rifle in my pickup at all times. I also carry a 380 in my front pants pocket, or a Glock 43 on my belt if I'm off the farm.

It's very hard to arm yourself like you might want to when you're fencing or working cattle, or up on the roof of a barn, but it can be done if you're willing to find a way. It's often a compromise, but I figure any gun I have on me, is better than no gun at all.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

I feel the hate every day.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm thinking pretty hard of getting a titanium framed Smith & Wesson I can carry in my pants pocket for these reasons. 5 shots is better than no shots.

LOL
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16penny, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,318
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.