OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
One woman died when a rooster pecked her varicose vein:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-killed-pet-rooster-who-19168038

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang! When your time's up, it's up, no matter how careful you are.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We had roosters on the farm when I was a lad. One attacked me. We ate it that evening for dinner.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was a kid, my aunt had a rooster that would attack you. I killed it one morning, for attacking me, and she fried it for dinner. Toughest old bird I ever tried to eat.

My BIL has 2 roosters and 1 will attack you. Had it jump on me about 2 years ago. Didn't hurt because I had on jeans, but I broke it from attacking me. I would stomp my foot at it and when it would jump at me, I'd kick it. Not hard enough to hurt it, just send it into the air a few feet. Did this until I had the rooster running from me. After that, if it even came around me, all I had to do was stomp my foot and it would run away. Told my SIL about it and now she doesn't have to tote a stick while in the yard to keep the rooster from attacking.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was given a big Dominique rooster once upon a time. It was free because it was an attack rooster. I thought I could break him of that by catching him in a long handle dip net and spinning him around til he was addled and drunk. Didn't work. He jumped my wife and spurred her one morning and that was enough. Rooster Cogburn was donated to a local church for their gumbo dinner.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Angry cock

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, There are so many things you could do with that story........I'm just gonna leave it alone.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Twice during the years I was in the Philippines there were news stories about people being killed in the cockpit by gamecocks that went crazy. Over there they are heeled with "slashers" , a knife-edged gaff on only one leg as opposed to the two needle-pointed type gaffs used here.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She couldn't apply a simple tourniquet?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife used to have 2 little banty roosters. Darn things would attack the back of your leg as you walked by. You hardly knew they were doing it. Just a brush with feathers. I guess it made them feel good, anyway. It was actually pretty funny. They were so little that they'd team up to breed a hen. Both of them would sit on her to hold her down while 1 did the job. That was hilarious.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had a white leghorn raised from a batch of chicks. It got cocky and started getting after me and my sons when they were little.

I beat the thing with a zebco fishing pole, a mop handle. I shouldve just killed it.

But I decided to give that chithead a run for his vinegar. There was a little man used set up on the road side with watermelons, okra, honey, bunny rabbits. One day he had a couple of fancy gamecocks. $20 a pop.

I got one and brought it home, let it out end of the driveway. He beelined first thing toward that fat leghorn laid into that joker for several minutes. That night the leghorn was roosting outside the henhouse. Few nights later, some coons got him. lol

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Elderly uncle had a big old yellowish-white Leghorn rooster that was a pure evil terror and sneaky, too. It would act like it was completely ignoring you until it caught you distracted then gradually sneak up and attack, spurs first, and then take off running. It would draw blood much of the time. Poor old uncle had both fresh and healing spur puncture wounds on his lower legs from where that thing had nailed him.

One afternoon uncle was talking with an old friend stopped in his vehicle in the road out front of his place. That rooster was watching and took advantage of uncle's unawareness and attacked him again. That was the last time, too. Uncle said, 'I'd sell that damn rooster for 50 cents right this minute to the first person that offered it'. Friend laughed, handed him 50 cents, run ir down, cornered and caught it. Had a 50 cent chicken and dumplings supper soon after.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Been attacked by a rooster, and back-sided by a domestic turkey and goose. Was charged by an antlered mule deer on a hike up to Latir Lakes in NM, but side-stepped just at the right moment. Was kicked in the right thigh from walking around a horse too closely and had my cheekbone fractured by jumping on a horse bareback with a burr in my britches. She stomped the crap out of me and broke a rib too. Been bitten by my share of dogs also. I guess we're lucky not to have varicose veins..

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My wife used to have 2 little banty roosters. Darn things would attack the back of your leg as you walked by. You hardly knew they were doing it. Just a brush with feathers. I guess it made them feel good, anyway. It was actually pretty funny. They were so little that they'd team up to breed a hen. Both of them would sit on her to hold her down while 1 did the job. That was hilarious.

I had to read that twice, because that 1 looks a whole lot like an I. shocked laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Wife kept a bunch of banty chickens back years ago when we lived out in the country. Had one little rooster that would trick the hens by acting like he'd found a tasty insect or something to get them to come running over to where he was so he could try to breed them. That randy little rooster would do that all day long from morning up until roosting.

Get too many grown Bantam roosters together and you've pretty much got the makings of a continuous bloody fight for 'boss' rooster ranking.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Had a bourbon tom turkey get after me too, mean sombitch

Plenty geese think they are hot stuff. My mother kept a few, they would only advance upon you if your back was turn. You'd hear their feet smacking on the mud. They try to wrench a plug out your calf. I used to reach back and grab em up by the neck and throw them bout 10ft 😀

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a banty rooster that would attack my shoes. It made me angry all out of proportion. I would smash him with a 2x4 until he could not walk. He would limp for a week, and on the first day he could walk right, he would attack my shoe again. I gave him away at the feed store. He was in a cage with as sign that said "free" and with a bigger rooster in the cage the pecked him on the head all day. That made me laugh.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
She couldn't apply a simple tourniquet?

To the rooster? eek

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ahhh. Roosters. Yep as a teen grandparents had one that pretty much kept my gram and me away from his chickens, only pops could feed them without being attacked. Guessing pops laid down the law to him before.

Few years ago we were keeping chickens for eggs and got a rooster to boost production and keep the hens in line.

Sumbitch chased my granddaughter outa the yard so I went all Hong Kong fooey on him couple of times. To not much change.

Lil niece was over, she’s no bigger than a minute, saw him acting up and reached down snatched him up by the legs faster than you can say bobs your uncle .

She held him upside down and stroked his feathers in front of his hens 🤷🏻‍♂️ Calmed him down better than me kicking him.

Course neighborhood fox gave him his final lesson in etiquette, told my granddaughter the fox had gotten the rooster.

Her reply. GOOD 😂

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
We had roosters on the farm when I was a lad. One attacked me. We ate it that evening for dinner.

Same

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,658
Posts18,493,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.