Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The asswhole that won the lawsuit admitted to letting himself be soaked in it which the directions explicitly tell you not to.

Don't take a shower in it and you're just fine, Fugging lawyers anyways.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I for one minute do not believe even a good soaking in roundup will hurt you. The LD-50 of 2-4D on mammals is much much lower than is the LD-50 of glyphosate.

2-4D is much more toxic than is glyphosate. So why aren't the lawyers going after 2-4D?

Answer, because 2-4D is not part and parcel to any evil GMO plot! can you hear the irony?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Mixed according to instructions, applied as "best practices", how the hell can this stuff kill people if it won't kill blackberries and wild roses?

Might be that like any other herbicide there are things it will and won't kill.

I hear the skepticism you fellas put forth, but suggest that if you crawl deeply into the topic and examine the fine details, you might have a second thought or two. Will suggest further that if you trust Monsanto I have some fine real estate just east of Freeport in the Bahamas I'd like to sell.

Well stated Sir!

I do believe that you’d agree with the premise that napalm is a more thorough and much more fun herbicide.

I’ve been driving for 33 years and I have yet to be killed or paralyzed in an auto accident so based upon the logic applied here by other’s, fatalities and serious bodily injury arising from auto accidents are virtually impossible to suffer. I’ve used roundup too and I haven’t as yet developed cancer so it must be safe. 🙄

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
PS.....my sympathies for “family farmers” that suck on the teat of Monsanto for their seed and for the poisons they use on our food can KMA. I don’t personally have any animosity but I have no patience for their bullshit defense of Monsanto or their impulsive defense of the “farming techniques” they use.

There’s a good reason why “organic” is becoming HUGE and the tasteless, unripe, crap that’s foisted upon those without the ability to grow their own food is becoming less desirable. We grow a lot and buy or trade with other local organic farmers either through our connections or at the local farmers market.

I have always respected farmers but many of them have become partners with the devil (Monsanto) and because of that, along with their endless “woe is me” bullshit whining I’ve come to see the bigger corporate farmers as nothing more than a liberal democrat in a King Ranch pickup with their hand out for as much welfare handouts as their greedy, fat asses can gobble.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
PS.....my sympathies for “family farmers” that suck on the teat of Monsanto for their seed and for the poisons they use on our food can KMA.

“organic”

We grow a lot and buy or trade with other local organic farmers either through our connections or at the local farmers market.

I have always respected farmers but many of them have become partners with the devil (Monsanto) and because of that, along with their endless “woe is me” bullshit whining I’ve come to see the bigger corporate farmers as nothing more than a liberal democrat in a King Ranch pickup with their hand out for as much welfare handouts as their greedy, fat asses can gobble.

This is hilarious....

But at least it's another piece in the puzzle of a dude portraying them self as a conservative, redneck gun guy, that unfortunately lives in Communist Western Washington......

When in fact they are a greenie, left, organic, cob wiper.

You did have us fooled for a while, but you are clearly showing your true colors for the last few months.

Later.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I for one minute do not believe even a good soaking in roundup will hurt you. The LD-50 of 2-4D on mammals is much much lower than is the LD-50 of glyphosate.

2-4D is much more toxic than is glyphosate. So why aren't the lawyers going after 2-4D?

Answer, because 2-4D is not part and parcel to any evil GMO plot! can you hear the irony?

What's funny is the greenies
don't like tillage.
The answer is roundup.
The greenies want no-till cropping.
The answer is roundup.
The greenies don't want noxious weeds to grow.
The answer is roundup.
The greenies don't want summer fallow dirt.
The answer is roundup.
The greenies don't like erosion in the fields.
The answer is roundup.
Even non-gmo....
The answer is roundup.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
PS.....my sympathies for “family farmers” that suck on the teat of Monsanto for their seed and for the poisons they use on our food can KMA. I don’t personally have any animosity but I have no patience for their bullshit defense of Monsanto or their impulsive defense of the “farming techniques” they use.

There’s a good reason why “organic” is becoming HUGE and the tasteless, unripe, crap that’s foisted upon those without the ability to grow their own food is becoming less desirable. We grow a lot and buy or trade with other local organic farmers either through our connections or at the local farmers market.

Well said.

I have to wonder how many here still think that cigs don't cause cancer.
I had roundup get on my hand after it got past my glove and my tongue went numb for half the day. At that time I had no real idea of the stuff's toxicity. I found out through simple experience.
Some people can tolerate the stuff; others can't.

Many of us don't agree with multi-billion dollar settlements, most lawyers and many plaintiffs are snakes, but the stuff is poison to some people and to much of the environment.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The shysters look for deep pockets, then a reason to sue.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I’m guessing that more people die front allergic reaction to peanut butter than roundup. Facts not emotion should rule the day. Ed k

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Last edited by Ghostinthemachine; 09/03/19.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by broomd

Well said.

I had roundup get on my hand after it got past my glove and my tongue went numb for half the day. At that time I had no real idea of the stuff's toxicity. I found out through simple experience.

Many of us don't agree with multi-billion dollar settlements, most lawyers and many plaintiffs are snakes, but the stuff is poison to some people and to much of the environment.

Wow, that there calls for a double blind study. Immediate and substantial nerve toxicity from incidental exposure to Roundup?

Not doubting that is what you believe happened. But I might expect to see the same happen again with a placebo.

Oh yes, I have e experienced the tongue and nose thing. After a six pack of beer. And after heavy exposure to pyrethroid insecticides.

I have been exposed to lots of high density pyrethroids, and have developed a sensitivity to them. It takes very little now to make my tongue tingle.

But there is no shared chemistry between pyrethroids and Roundup.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The LD-50 of material does not directly correlate to its cancer causation. LD-50 is a acute test not chronic exposure. You can have a compound that is immediately dangerous to life and health and it is not always a carcinogen. Cancer risk factor is like rolling dice. Each time your exposed to a carcinogen its like rolling the dice. So the more times your exposed, the more rolls of the dice. You may always roll wins every time you use roundup and get it on your hands or breathe the vapor. The people who get cancer roll a loser. Take gasoline,.the more times you breathe the fumes or put it on your hands the more rolls of the dice. Its your roll. I tell people with young kids this all the time when they are fumigating their kids with RAID and other pesticides and garden herbicides. They all laugh, until one of theirs get cancer, then wow, they start to listen.

People laughed about cigs, vaping, perchloroetheylene and dry cleaning, agent orange, DDT, on and on. This thread is like a broken record.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I spent some time researching this the other day. It seems that there was only one study that made a link to cancer, but when it was reviewed more in depth about the data, it appears the data was cherry picked to support the findings. There were many, many, many other studies by more reputable organizations that found no link at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by broomd

Well said.

Wow, that there calls for a double blind study. Immediate and substantial nerve toxicity from incidental exposure to Roundup?

Not doubting that is what you believe happened. But I might expect to see the same happen again with a placebo.

Oh yes, I have e experienced the tongue and nose thing. After a six pack of beer. And after heavy exposure to pyrethroid insecticides.

I have been exposed to lots of high density pyrethroids, and have developed a sensitivity to them. It takes very little now to make my tongue tingle.

But there is no shared chemistry between pyrethroids and Roundup.

Placebo?! lol!!
With all due respect, the sh t got on my skin and my tongue went instantly numb. That's never happened to me ever in my life with any substance. To me it is poison; you can use it, drink it, splash it on your salad. I want no part of it.
My wife has used the stuff and trace amounts blew onto her legs and she had an instant rash. That's our 'double blind' test. Grin.

I'm not going to change anyone's mind here, and no one will change mine. Anything that wipes out all living vegetation for a year can't be healthy to human tissue. Period.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mixed up 30 gallons of Roundup and 2-4-D this morning to spray some fencerows with. Got some on my hands because I always forget to put my rubber gloves on. I need to remember them the next time, of I'm gonna die pretty soon.

I've only been using it since it first came on the market in the mid 1970's. At one time it was worth it's weight in gold, and you didn't dare spill a drop. Today, I can buy a 2 1/2 gallon jug of generic Roundup for about $35.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have this string of dead spots across my lawn. Wife was determined to kill off those aspen or birch suckers coming up (I just mow over them.) and grabbed the first "weed killer" she saw. (I am ALWAYS on her case about reading labels!). It was Roundup.

So now we have all these brown spots with one little live tree sucker in them..... sort of "water here" bullseyes....

And by the way, if u use the "grass-safe". Weed-B-Gone -be sure it is in it's diluted form. The concentrate used straight works about as well as Roundup.

Ask me how I know...... smile

Good thing I have dogs crapping on the lawn..those dark green spots (If I get it picked up in time- otherwise it's dead spots), sort of average things out....

Last edited by las; 09/03/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I used to wash car parts with gasoline, no gloves, and wire brush occasionally scraping my hands as I cleaned the parts.

I had my hand in a hydraulic oil tank for nearly 45 minutes trying to get the filter out that someone had overtightened. My arm was red and covered with tiny zit like bumps for a few days.

I grabbed many fish and other biological specimens directly from the formalin preservative buckets with bare hands before it was established it probably isn't a good thing to do.

Painted in enclosed places with spray paint, used brake cleaner spray on older brake parts that likely had asbestos linings, love the smell of gasoline and would stand where I could smell it when pumping gas, drank alcoholic beverages ( basically a solvent) while chewing and smoking tobacco products, have been exposed to Chloramine T and iodine at places I worked along with many other "everyday chemicals". I could probably think of many more.

I kinda think prairie creek station is working along the right lines here. I try to avoid too many rolls of the dice nowadays, having survived a renal cell carcinoma (one of my body's filters, dealing with all that stuff I've been exposed to.

Did any (or any combination?) of that stuff "cause" my cancer? Who the heck knows.

I wear gloves now when handling used motor oil, automotive chemicals, "roundup" when I have occasionally had to use it ( I HATE puncture vine) but I use a weed burner when and where I can, use borax instead of Raid for ants, soap for whiteflies and aphids, and take other measures to avoid using "chemicals" when I can.

DDT was once considered safe for personal use. I'm kinda glad they took off the market in the US of A. Even when there are days here I'd love to spray the yard with it for the f'n skeeters.

Long term, no-one knows the real effects of most of the stuff used nowadays. Our cohort's grandkids might find out.

Geno

PS lead and mercury used to be considered "harmless" mostly. Played with that stuff some too.Don't anymore.

PPS and let's not forget Homeowner Harry and his use of yard chems. if an ounce per gallon works, 4 ounces works more better. And if a gallon is 'sposed to cover 1000 sf, well I'll use two. Then it even works betterer.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your tongue went numb with exposure to concentrate or mix application solution?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been blasted directly in the face underneath houses with Chlorpyrifos organophosphate termiticide. DOZENS AND DOZENS of times. Had it on my hands and arms almost daily for several yrs.

methyl carbamate, synthetic pyrethroids, or org-phosphates, pyrethrum, fungicides,

So far no twitches or tremors. Maybe a tick or shimmer but that could be present meds.

Did have one retired Lt Colonel, an administrative career man, I'd spray his home monthly for fleas.

He'd have to go play on the bush hogg or spin wrenches on his project cars for several hours after I treated his home. First time I showed up he started sounding like Sylvestor the Cat all sufferin succotash and chit. Said his tounge was going numb.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Your tongue went numb with exposure to concentrate or mix application solution?

Years ago I helped my dad spray Rodeo (glyphosate without the surfactant) on cattails at his place, we had the 55 gallon sprayer set up in the back of the pick up, I would drive along the edge while he sprayed out of the back of the truck. We came to a narrow spot with high cedar limb blocking the way, he tried lift the limb high enough to clear the cab and got knocked backwards into the sprayer when I moved the truck forward, in the fall he broke a plastic fitting next to the valve and got sprayed directly in the mouth, he was complaining about numbness in his lips before we got back to the house to get his mouth and face rinsed. To this day he complains about the slight numbness he still has in his lips from that exposure and that was at least 15 years ago. Not sure if it was the glyphosate or the nonionic surfactant we mixed in with it but I'm sure the batch was mixed a little on the hot side.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.