Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 116 of 117 1 2 114 115 116 117
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thirdbite
Maybe your statement would be better stated as "rivers meander while obeying the law of gravity as well as other scientific laws".

in the physics of fluid power there is something we call "the path of least resistance"

which I have made several mentions of already ...otherwise known as the tendency to the 'least energy state'

River banks being eroded to develop meandering curves are taking the path of least resistance.

A river will only meander according to the path of least resistance, and of course dependent on gravity.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
All physical events will occur subject to all laws of physics, but not necessarily because of a specific law or principle.
You can think of it in the manner in which you understand it and which makes sense to you.

Last edited by thirdbite; 09/02/19.
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I always thought there was more gravity on the outside of bends, causing the water to dig deeper, and now I know. grin

Saw some great meanders on Google maps the other day. Use the map/satellite view program of your choice and follow the river north from Carcross, YT.

Bruce

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
meanders happen because there is transition from gravitational (potential) energy to kinetic.,

and when a river is closer to its gradient profile, surplus energy is put into lateral erosion,
such lateral outer curve bank erosion takes place because such is the path of least resistance for water.

iTs always about the path of least resistance .To not following the path of least resistance, is to not
follow the Law of Gravity.

but since this thread includes the interests of literal minded theists, we should mention the meta-physics
of Moses parting the Red Sea.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
After reflection, you are correct. The development of meanders and other river features is a complex dynamic process, but stripped to its essence, it is caused by gravity and flowing in path of least resistance. Reckon I'm too mundane to operate at that level.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

As for your assertion that no one's ever kicked any addiction without Christ demonstrates your parochial view of the world.

I never made that assertion.

I would say that no religion or person can change a life like Christ can.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As for prophesies, there are those who claim Nostradamus made a lot of prophesies that later came true. Both groups have to do a lot of creative reading and ignore a lot of text and a lot of misses, to make their claims.

No other book in the world comes even close to the same scale of prophecies. There are around 300 regarding Christ, along with major world events. Post up a book of equivalents with the prophecies and their fulfillments.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

True hope as defined by the Bible is a confident anticipation of the fulfillment of a promise.

Exactly.

One can have hope in various degrees of confidence for any number of things. Hope doesn't make something true.

and neither skepticism nor science can make the promises of God untrue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
97 pages by my count and y'all are still at it.

Maybe a full 100 by tonight?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
97 pages by my count and y'all are still at it.

Maybe a full 100 by tonight?

Geno

Some folks are really ate up with this stuff.

I have 116 pages.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 09/03/19.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thirdbite
After reflection, you are correct. The development of meanders and other river features is a complex dynamic process,
but stripped to its essence, it is caused by gravity and flowing in path of least resistance. Reckon I'm too mundane to operate at that level.

I purposely kept it very simple [K.I.S.S] for two reasons 1. the question was basic, 2. mindful this is the CF ..

I don't think me going into the details of hydraulic action, centrifugal forces etc, was at all warranted.. grin

Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Originally Posted by Gus

i like the path of least resistance. kind of like a meandering river?

Resistance to what?.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
WATCH THIS.......A great discussion by those much smarter than anyone on this forum, on the major shortcomings of Darwin’s theory of evolution. One of the guys just risked his academic career by “walking away” from Darwinism. All 4 gentleman seem to conclude that the evidence in the fossil record, emerging biological science and mathematics completely contradicts the Darwinian approach to origins and evolution.
If you want the core of the discussion, fast forward to about 26 minutes.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=noj4phMT9OE

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
WATCH THIS.......A great discussion by those much smarter than anyone on this forum, on the major shortcomings of Darwin’s theory of evolution. One of the guys just risked his academic career by “walking away” from Darwinism. All 4 gentleman seem to conclude that the evidence in the fossil record, emerging biological science and mathematics completely contradicts the Darwinian approach to origins and evolution.

Why would you think those guys are smart? I stopped watching when I found out one of them was the same old quackdoodle from the Discovery Institute.

I would believe thousands of real scientists, not three quackdoodles. You would have to ignore tens of thousands of fossils to believe such drivel.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Why would you think those guys are smart? I stopped watching when I found out one of them was the same old quackdoodle from the Discovery Institute.

I would believe thousands of real scientists, not three quackdoodles. You would have to ignore tens of thousands of fossils to believe such drivel.

"When scientists take positions and color research for economic or ideological gains, they risk embarrassment, failure and a resulting loss of trust. The impact of “fake science” is that it results in all science being questioned by a dubious public."

Should we trust “scientists?”

Well, do we trust politicians? Do we trust big pharma? Do we trust our elected... officials? Do we trust Hollywood celebrities? Do we trust the university “researchers” that now tell us that gender is a matter of choice… well or not maybe of choice or…?

Do we trust Larry Krauss?

Bad science is simply bad science and there seems to be a suspicion that there is a lot of it going around.

The latest example surrounds the subject global warming… have we caused it and is there anything that we can do about it? What are the “scientists” telling us?

“Trust me, I am a scientist and you’re not.”

What a concept……..

PT Barnum was right.

A quote from an article about scientific “credibility” ….

“Ravetz emphasises the loss of this essential ethical element. In later works he notes that the new social and ethical conditions of science are reflected in a set of “emerging contradictions”. These concern the cognitive dissonance between the official image of science as enlightened, egalitarian, protective and virtuous, against the current realities of scientific dogmatism, elitism and corruption; of science serving corporate interests and practices; of science used as an ersatz religion.”

Last edited by TF49; 09/05/19. Reason: spel

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nah, we should trust internet heros that bang away incessantly on their keyboards about stuff that is far beyond their comprehension but for which they know the answer to every question. So many of them right here on this thread.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nah, we should trust internet heros that bang away incessantly on their keyboards about stuff that is far beyond their comprehension but for which they know the answer to every question. So many of them right here on this thread.

So, Leroy..... would you like to explain your comment regarding me..... you know, the one where you say “converses with....”. What was it that supposedly conversed with?

Was it satan or ?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by TF49

So, Leroy..... would you like to explain your comment regarding me..... you know, the one where you say “converses with....”. What was it that supposedly conversed with?

Was it satan or ?

Was it satan or ? I don't know. Why don't you tell us? After all, you are the one that chats with them. Or maybe Thunderstick or some one else that has faith in talking snakes can tell us.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Including you?

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Yes. All are brilliant men with the highest academic credentials. David Galerntner is a highly regarded computer scientist at Yale. As an interesting side note, Galerntner was badly injured in a bomb sent to him by the Unabomber who apparently did not like his cutting edge work in computer science and information theory.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

The quackdoodle is the guy (you) who has to resort to a logical fallacy to attack the highly regarded academics on the video yet is apparently too stupid to even realize he doesn't grasp elementary logic. laugh

Last edited by Tarquin; 09/05/19.

Tarquin
Page 116 of 117 1 2 114 115 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 1badf350, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,338
Posts18,487,696
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.