Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A warning to those who have always thought living or moving to a different State will protect you. And yes this story has repercussions that will be felt for Generations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:
• After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
• We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
• We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chit been over 6-7 months since I stepped into a Walmart. So they very rarely get any business from us anyhow.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam Walton might be spinnin'.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 09/03/19.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I've been saying it for years... People go to Walmart to save a couple bucks and it drives the LGS out of business and then when Walmart decides it's not in their interests to sell guns, there's nobody left to go to.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't own any, but any true supporter of the Second that owns Wally's stock might consider going to a shareholders' meeting and letting them know they're pissed.

Any supporter that doesn't own stock might consider cutting way back on any shopping they do there and in Sam's Clubs. I don't get to Wally's often, as the nearest is over 2 hours away.

I'm thinking I'll be writing a letter today to let them know my limited shopping now will be cut back to near nil after today's announcement. There are a couple of items I have a hard time finding anywhere else, but I may be able to find substitutes.

Good luck going forward Wal-Mart.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s really impossible to buy groceries anywhere but Wal-Mart around here. But that’s about all I buy there anymore.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For me the CEO's letter signifies the Cultural Canary in the Coal Mine for the entire Country not just places like Kommiefornia.

As I've stated before coming soon to a State near you.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LGS high fives all around!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As long as Academy doesn’t get wobbly, I’m good.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Look at the BS on the open carry.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They caved to their lawyers more than likely.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
What about .308? Once upon a time if you bought .22LR you were asked if for rifle or pistol if pistol they had to get your driver license
This will still impact. 44, and maybe some others
Will have to see if there are any sales

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No sweat of my balls

The reason I started shopping at big boxes and walmart is because of LGS being operated by 450lb idiots with NO previous business experience, no ability to communicate customer appreciation, rudeness, arrogance, lazyiness and usually an extra $100-200 markup.

Not that some of those manners didn't transcend to interactions with walmart employees, nonetheless I never all-of-the-above from even the vast cross section of walmart clerks. If I had gotten more than one of the anove or someone was an exceptional horse's ass, I could always let the store manager know and I did.

So if walmart ran any gunshops out of town, it's because those shop proprietors sucked donkey balls to begin with. I'm not entirely a low price shopper, attitude goes a long way. If some fat fûck can't take the time to lay his subway down and fold up his cell phone when I walk in, then give me an assy tude, then BYE.

If/when walmart ceases firearms and ammo sales, I still won't go back to Porky's LGS.

I have Midsouth Supply 15 miles up the highway. And they gladly let me do $10 transfers inbound/outbound.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks, you better get used to it......Walmart is only the beginning. I've been preaching for years that with every mass shooting that happens, we lose a little more of our Second Amendment rights. Yet, we continue and keep our heads stuck in the ground, and say that nobody better not mess with our right to own a gun, or else.

I hate to see this happening, because you can bet that other places will follow suit.

As far as the Walmart versus the LGS argument, I've been part of a family owned gun business for over 30 years, and have bought a lot of stuff at Walmart myself. Why.....because they sell a lot of guns and ammo cheaper than I can get them for at dealer cost, and I don't have a problem with that myself. I have seen far too many LGS mark their guns up to the MSRP, and then offer you half of what yours is worth on a trade. I believe in shopping at the place where my dollar is worth the most, not at some place trying to make a weeks wages on one sale.......and that applies everywhere, not just at your friendly LGS.

Anyway, we should all be concerned about this, whether you like Walmart or not, and ask ourselves what is going to happen to us if these mass shooters are allowed to continue their trade.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well strange bedfellows and all that. He gets it.

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Folks, you better get used to it......Walmart is only the beginning. I've been preaching for years that with every mass shooting that happens, we lose a little more of our Second Amendment rights. Yet, we continue and keep our heads stuck in the ground, and say that nobody better not mess with our right to own a gun, or else.

I hate to see this happening, because you can bet that other places will follow suit.

As far as the Walmart versus the LGS argument, I've been part of a family owned gun business for over 30 years, and have bought a lot of stuff at Walmart myself. Why.....because they sell a lot of guns and ammo cheaper than I can get them for at dealer cost, and I don't have a problem with that myself. I have seen far too many LGS mark their guns up to the MSRP, and then offer you half of what yours is worth on a trade. I believe in shopping at the place where my dollar is worth the most, not at some place trying to make a weeks wages on one sale.......and that applies everywhere, not just at your friendly LGS.

Anyway, we should all be concerned about this, whether you like Walmart or not, and ask ourselves what is going to happen to us if these mass shooters are allowed to continue their trade.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Walmart is also calling for legislation of “enhanced†background checks, another words,MORE GUN CONTROL!!!
and will no longer allow open carry in their stores.

Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammo nationwide

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-...barrel-rifle-and-handgun-ammo-nationwide

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀Ën Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you read the CEO's letter I posted thats all in there.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FUGG WALMART 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀Ën Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I smell another clearance sale

Mmmmmmm, 9mm $5 a box

I gotta go in there for monkey dicks and coors light anyway.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Old phuggs need nothing, young phuggs won't miss it, as they don't know what it is.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 9 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,901
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.