Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by pete53
now some are not going to like what i feel would be better in the lower 48. > we don`t need wolves, grizzly bears or muslims in the lower 48

I'd support $5 over the counter resident tags and $10,000 non-resident draw for the shidt eating grizzles. How do you feel about that?

Pete will just buy the $5 tag and only hunt on federally owned ground. That'll show you resident hicks!

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wish they'd export some to Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, San Francisco, Memphis, and Monroe La.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Shutting down a hunting area due to the numbers of Grizzlies? LOL!!

Yeah, I think that's kinda crazy.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Wish they'd export some to Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, San Francisco, Memphis, and Monroe La.

All over CA. Historical range. And hands off. If they area nuisance then relocate them 20 miles away. No euthanizing. Might help the homeless population issues. And the illegal pot grows will crumble, because they'll shoot the bears and then they'll really get serious about funding LE to wipe them out.

MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

yes i agree , maybe down by the border too ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You are talking maybe 5 bear hunters looking for 5 bears. The bulk of the grizzly population would never know they were being hunted. The few that get seen will get shot, all the while the bulk of the population had no idea anyone is looking for them.

Selective breeding; fearless bears get culled from the population, those that are innately afraid of humans survive.

This is what I believe happened over the millenia when humans routinely carried weapons in the woods and knew how to use them, and men confronted apex predators on a point of honor.

Dog breeders used ruthless culling to minimize unwanted behaviors in their dog lines until recent times. It works.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bird, you stole my thunder.

I live in NW Montana and have had a number of "meets" with grizzly bears. Most were no big deal, but three were heart-rate boosters, and one was SCARY, with the bear on hind legs, and moving CLOSER. Wow, what a buzz that was when I finally felt the door handle of the pickup. Holy %*#. Couldn't beleive it, with the injectors rattling on the engine and the door slamming and tool banging?

Bears are smart. It only takes one event to food-condition the bear's reward center. One gutpile, one whatever, especially during hunting season and late fall when the bears are hypephagic and just big stomachs. And there are aggro bears, and sissy bears. The aggro bears got killed, or they got hurt and learned. The sissy bears stayed under cover or a safe distance away, and the sows taught their cubs how to behave.

But killing overly aggressive, or plain stupid, bears works for me. Get them out of the gene pool just like it happened for thousands of years.

All that crap about Montana being "wilder" because of bears? That's lame hooey. Tracking data shows bears don't care about humans or roads all that much, in fact, that most bears adapt their behavior to human use. And to human mistakes. I'm okay having them around, but I'm not going to be a casualty.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
"men confronted apex predators on a point of honor". Give me a break, maybe for the rush, or to gain a rep or make a buck or because that was part of their adaptation to their environment. Societies rewarded successful hunters because they provided, good earners get more rewards.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
You are talking maybe 5 bear hunters looking for 5 bears. The bulk of the grizzly population would never know they were being hunted. The few that get seen will get shot, all the while the bulk of the population had no idea anyone is looking for them.

Selective breeding; fearless bears get culled from the population, those that are innately afraid of humans survive.

This is what I believe happened over the millenia when humans routinely carried weapons in the woods and knew how to use them, and men confronted apex predators on a point of honor.

Dog breeders used ruthless culling to minimize unwanted behaviors in their dog lines until recent times. It works.

Only a Texan would compare dog breeding to grizzly hunting.

You must have lots experience with grizzlies down there in Texas huh BW?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Typical liberal arrogance.

LOL
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The only grizzly I have seen while hunting was in a remote area of Alaska while hunting Dall sheep. We saw a mother with 2 cubs coming our way and we started shouting at her. She at first stood up and looked us over and then dropped on all fours and started trotting our way. About 150 yards out she got our scent turned tail and she and her cubs ran away. The last we saw of her and the cubs was as they disappeared over a distant hill. That was a smart bear.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Ringman

If evolution is true grizzlies lost in the struggle for existence. If creation is true grizzlies lost in the struggle for existence. Why do do-gooders go against nature and reintroduce them?

So all the intervention we humans do in nature to undo population loss due to our own activities is a waste of time? We obviously shouldn't have reintroduced elk, bighorn sheep, mountain goats... we should have just shot them into oblivion like the bison, then turned on to something else to destroy? Of course we shouldn't have preserved wild lands, we should have just mined, logged, farmed those lands... after all, we're the top predator, and we can do what we like, right?

Yeah, phug all those "do-gooders"...

You live in your world while the rest of us live in the real world.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Callnumb
What state are you in?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You believe the earth is 6,000 years old, and yet I don’t live in the “real world”... gotchya.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You believe the earth is 6,000 years old, and yet I don’t live in the “real world”... gotchya.

Yes. That's correct. You live in imagination.

Recently I watched a video called "How long were the Israelites in Egypt?". It changed my mind to about 7,000 years.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes. That's correct. You live in imagination.

Recently I watched a video called "How long were the Israelites in Egypt?". It changed my mind to about 7,000 years.

As my dad once told me, “don’t shoot a man who’s hanging himself”...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like having the grizzlies out there, would also like a chance to hunt them..... smile

They keep Montana wild....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Lennie: I have seen Grizzled Bears in that area several times in the past.
A few years ago I even witnessed a Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks crew "unloading" (dumping!) a Grizzly Bear from a trailered trap there in the Gravelly's!
Sadly that unloading (dumping!) of a Grizzly Bear was within sight of a large flock of domestic sheep being tended to by a Basque sheep herder as well as my travel companion and myself.
Big Game guide I know was so troubled by Grizzlies near there, last year, that he loaded up his camp and clients and left the area!
He told me he had seen at least 11 different Grizzly Bears in less than a week and some of them more than once!
It was just to dangerous for him and his dudes to camp/Hunt Elk/Deer there!
And that is saying something.
He also relayed to me that the Bears were "fearless"!
Not good, this.
I think a Hunting season, on the now "fearless" Grizzlies, would do some good and cut down on the Bear inflicted injuries/deaths of humans.
Beautiful country there that is closed now - sad.
I actually saw a Grizzly Bear chasing a small herd of Elk in that area several years ago.
Hoping no more humans are munched!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Yes. I hope they munch on dimocraps.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by callnum
After all it is Montana. I would love to hunt one.

If you don’t like grizzlies on the landscape I would suggest you move somewhere more civilized.

Most of us would like to see one CATCH you.

He could feed them and save an elk.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
If they become a problem - S S S

Eastern tenderfeet are funny.

Its real simple, don't hunt around dead cows.

Where do you buy the dead cow location maps?

Oh, of course, you can smell a dead cow even while upwind, right?

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,128
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.