L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 19352012

Australian for awesomeness

What is a "busted plugger"? Dare I ask?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now there's a red flag if I've ever seen one............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Im curious how this is going to play out?

Last edited by hanco; 09/03/19.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by 19352012

Australian for awesomeness

What is a "busted plugger"? Dare I ask?

That was hilarious! Yes, it's safe to ask... pluggers are flip flops or beach sandals or shower shoes. 😀

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Euthanasia is the cure for this one.

LOL. That’s what I was thinking.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A visit to her place with a jerry can and a road flare while she's out would fix the problem.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ms Carden's complaints were dismissed in the State Administrative Tribunal way back in January. The barbecue issue didn't even really get a run, and her complaints about smoking, kids playing etc were all dismissed. As the Tribunal member said:

Simply because an occupant of another lot, or an invitee, is irritated or displeased, or objects to smoking, is not sufficient, in the Tribunal's view, that it be classified as using the lot in such a manner or for such purpose as causes a nuisance. Otherwise, any occupant intolerant of noise, smell, light or any other stimuli would be able to unilaterally dictate what would ordinarily be everyday conduct of occupants in their homes or places of work, which are commonly structured in strata developments.

The Tribunal member said much the same thing about all of the matters Ms Carden was complaining of, and the decision was upheld by the West Australian Supreme Court .(Carden v Vallelonga [2019] WASC 289 (13 August 2019))

One thing that also merits comment: in Australia "liberal" means more or less the opposite of what it has come to mean in the US. Here it is more or less the sort of liberalism known to Locke. Our Liberal Party started out on that footing, though over recent years the conservative faction (the "dries") have tended to have the ascendancy over the classical liberals (the "wets"). What you call liberalism is more or less the opposite of what we, and much of the rest of the world, regards as "liberal". The Tribunal member, just by way of example, applied a broadly liberal approach to this case: you can't have us restrict your neighbour's freedom just because you don't agree with what they do.

FWIW I'd love it if Australia was a "liberal utopia" - using both liberal and utopia in the sense they are understood here. The only downside is that we'd have to keep explaining what we mean by "liberal" to Americans.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan,

you'd not have to keep explaining to me.

In my view, many (most?) of our founders were "liberal" in the classic sense.

And thanks for the clarification of the case of the unhappy neighbor.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Australia....liberal utopia.....she'll probably win.

Apparently you are stupidly ill-informed.

But what could I expect, after all you elected a homosexual muslim.

Have a nice day.

TWICE!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
my analysis:

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...aCO6YPOH9XS8sw6kW3wt_hZFjBgAGpOpcL6YKSrc

A “devastated” Australian vegan has taken her neighbors to court alleging they deliberately waft barbecue smoke rich in meat and fish smells across their shared boundary fence and into her property.

She also cited the smell of cigarettes and the sound of children playing with basketballs as adding to her profound discomfort.

The woman from Perth, Western Australia, said the amenity of her backyard has been destroyed because her meat eating neighbors on either side deliberately allow their cookout smells to waft into her yard.

“They’ve put it there so I smell fish, all I can smell is fish … I can’t go out there,” complainant Cilla Carden told local outlet Nine News.

She told Nine News she believed her neighbors were “absolutely deliberate” in allowing their smells to cross into her yard. She highlighted the smell of cigarettes and the sound of children playing with basketballs as adding to her distress.

“It’s been devastating, it’s been turmoil, it’s been unrest, I haven’t been able to sleep,” Carden said.

She can move... Problem solved..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is for JSTUART

Slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for her.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I think she secretly looks Chicken and turkey and it pains to see someone else chop down on thhat delicious meat while she watches.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.