Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have done a significant amount of internet exploration and have visited a number of dealers just to lay eyes on things. I narrowed the field down to the most attractive candidates and negotiated prices with dealers. I have a short (or somewhat short) list of finalists. Tomorrow I will visit dealers to learn more about the machines, fire them up and exercise the controls. By the end of the day, I hope to make my purchase.

There is one variable at play that could appreciably alter the picture. I have a bum right shoulder. 5 surgeries. A total replacement with half of that artificial joint removed. I experience pain, lack of stability and weakness with my right arm extended out in front of me. At this point, I don't expect much improvement if any. Right now all the tractors on my short list are size 2 (one size above sub-compact) I have selected those because the bucket control is at the fender and I can operate it with my upper arm resting naturally at my side. If I find that I can operate a control located near the steering wheel a few more tractors enter the picture.

Prices include Tractor, Bush Hog and Box Blade. All prices are before tax and any dealer fees. Any delivery fees are inconsequential. Insurance costs are inconsequentially different.

Stop 1 will be at the JD dealer. Dealer is local at 25 miles.

JD 2025 package $20,000. 0% on all items.

Stop 2 Mahindra/Kioti dealer. Dealer is local at 12 miles.

Kioti CK2510 package $19,700. 0% on tractor. Convoluted blended rate when implements added.

Kioti CK2610 package $20,700. 0% on tractor. Convoluted blended rate when implements added.

Stop 3 Kubota dealer. Dealer is local at 25 miles.

Kubota B2601 package $18,700. 0% on all items.

Stop 4 Tym Dealer. Dealer is 50 miles away.

Tym T264 package $15,900. 5.5% on everything.

Stop 5 Yanmar Dealer. Dealer is 124 miles away. Servicing dealer is 15 miles away (they are sold out of compact Yanmars and will happily service mine.)

Yanmar SA324 package $17,400. 0% on Tractor. Implements must be paid for in cash.

IF I feel like I can get by with FEL controls beside the steering wheel, I'll end up with one of the below tractors, but I am doubtful as my shoulder is trashed.

JD 3025 package $20,000. 0 percent on everything.

Mahindra Max 26 Package $19,700. 0 percent on everything.

Kubota L2501 package $20,450. 0 percent on everything.

As you might suspect, I have found things I like about certain tractors over others. Some have cruise control, some have telescoping 3 pt arms (not real sure the advantage there) some have skid steer bucket attachments, some have 3 speed HST, etc. There are other relevant financial factors that I won't bore you with. Let's say all of the dealers seem pretty equal.

If any of you have model specific information or knowledge that you think might be useful, please let me know. If it were you, which would you choose and why? What else do I need to consider?

My thoughts as of now. On the TYM website, the 264 is describes as a sub-compact. Every spec puts is squarely in the size 2 compact range. I need to lay eyes on it. It is a great deal. I can get a tandem axle trailer and a disc with that for $18,700 all at 5.5%. The Kubota B2610 sits at the top of my list as of right now all things considered. Tractor, implements, 0% financing and insurance under one roof from arguably the best reputed brand. The JD 3025 is a great deal if I can use the FEL control comfortably.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the Deere's...all the way. I'm not a Deere guy. I've owned quite a few of their implements over the years and have two of their lawnmowers...they're no better than many others and at times, they're higher. In your situation, the Deere isn't significantly higher than the off-brands and the Deere will have a lot better resale value.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
For the size you’re looking at, I’ve been told that is where kubota is tough to beat. Big farming tractors, go green.

At that size, I really like my 2650. A bit bigger than the 2501. Another half step towards a real tractor. smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
JD subcompact/compacts are toys with crap crank cases... aluminum junk!

My compact is a Kioti CK30 and its a tank...

Im in deere country for AG.. my farmer grew up working on them before he started tilling... he owns a kubota compact for light use tho ag equipment is green.

Look at stats... the answer is always in the stats.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Good luck with your decision Paul.My little 24hp JD is gear driven.It's been great on my 70ac that I maintain I don't like the Kubota's auto trans.It's not as user friendly as the JD. I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you end up with.
Ken

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
would not buy the Deere

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tractor ownership is like the argument of Glocks vs the 1911s To each his own....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Im in deere country for AG.. my farmer grew up working on them before he started tilling... he owns a kubota compact for light use tho ag equipment is green.

Can you point me to these stats of which you speak? I just googled John Deere aluminum crankcase and didn't see anything that stood out as an issue. Do you have any recommended reading on that?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenacp
Tractor ownership is like the argument of Glocks vs the 1911s To each his own....

Yep, not looking for the "XXXXXXX is crap" tripe that some children can't resist. Looking more at what features or individual differences may be meaningful and how. Personal experiences with the models I am considering. Any other useful insights that the learned might share with the ignorant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Can you point me to these stats of which you speak? I just googled John Deere aluminum crankcase and didn't see anything that stood out as an issue. Do you have any recommended reading on that?

I had a JD 3032e. It was solid and never an issue. It did have an aluminum frame I believe but it was nice. I could drive it on my lawn and not tear the hell out of everything.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Own a John Deere 4210. The little yanmar diesel is the easiest starting diesel I've ever owned, hands down. Sit for months, 20° outside and it fires first time. Mines a gst not a hydrostat or shuttle but I have no issue with it.
Own a L3130 Kubota also. The Kubota, to me, seems heavier built, less plastic etc. Power unit wise I think Kubota and yanmar are fairly equal with Kubota slightly better. Parts wise, prices are similar. If I had to choose I'd go Kubota for sure, but not by a huge margin.

I'd take a long hard look at the dealers. Long term it can be a huge issue. JD dealer here, the parts and service guys are a bunch of rude pricks. Kubota dealer guys are pretty decent. In the end i'd find a good mechanic outside the dealer. Anything I can't handle, my guy is reasonably priced, honest and quick. Service dept at both dealers are 10x the price, take forever and a bunch of young kids that don't know [bleep]. I flat out hate dealers. Never had a good experience with one . Lot of Mennonite shops in my AO that can fix damn near anything and usually treat you pretty fairly.

Lastly, there's no way in hell I'd buy a tym or any other off brand. Mahindra? Possibly, but it would have to be 25%-30% less. I'd look at the Massey's and New Holland's too. My use is more commercial so I'd opt for bobcat attachment if It was a choice just to be able to use a grapple or powerbroom.

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/05/19.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I’d buy the one you can pay cash for.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

Why would I use my cash that is earning interest for a tractor I can finance for nothing?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Pay once, cry once. Paul already knows that though, plus most of the deals he listed were 0% financing. Why pay cash if you can get 0% financing?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Pay once, cry once. Paul already knows that though, plus most of the deals he listed were 0% financing. Why pay cash if you can get 0% financing?

Yep, use that 0% to reduce the overall cost of your toy.Just make sure they don't tack on fees to get the financing.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If you’re not saving big bucks, then stick with Kubota or Deere. The “telescoping 3 point arms” are a help if you don’t use a quick hitch. If you back up a little off center to your equipment, you can telescope one or both of the arms to hook up. Once you get both arms hooked up, back up a hair, and the arms will lock back in place.

The Mahindras supposedly have a little more metal on them, but the fact is, NONE of these tractors are built like tractors were 50 plus years ago. Make sure you have some sort of covered parking, or the plastics/paint/etc will start going to pot in a hurry. Even if it’s just one of those cheap ready-made carports, cover the thing. Watch out for rodents, too. They can trash your wiring in no time.

The jd 2025 and Kubota 2601 are quite a bit lighter than the 3025 and 2510. Those first two are more like large garden tractors. You sure those will do the job???

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just wondering why you're not including a bucket? In my experience the bucket definitely helps the resale value.

G23

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Stumbled across this the other day...

Kubota 2501 vs. Kioti 2610

https://www.ag-bagfs.com/blog/kioti-ck2610-vs-kubota-l2501-6-reasons-the-kioti-ck2610-wins--8502

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You might want to have a look at the tractors rural king is selling they are made by TYM.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by G23
Just wondering why you're not including a bucket? In my experience the bucket definitely helps the resale value.

G23

He is. It's in his first post.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.