-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But the owners of these things cannot be reached. They defend them to the end. Had my way I'd gather up every pit bull in the country and drown them. Then go home and have a cheeseburger and sleep well.

No lefty here. I agree 100% I hate the damned things. Oh, I know...someone has one that their kids use like a jungle gym. crazy They're a bomb waiting to go off.

These stories keep on comin'! Don't say the media has a bias against Pits! THAT'S WHAT'S IGNORANT!

Pit Bull: The dog for the little insecure man or the tuff guy with the small penis! Nasty little ghetto dogs!

WAR EAGLE!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dogs are equally vicious reguardless of species. It's all in how they're raised by they're owners and how much time they're around people. Pitbulls are a great species because they don't get all that big, but are strongly built.

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Maser
Dogs are equally vicious reguardless of species. It's all in how they're raised by they're owners and how much time they're around people.

Respectfully, I simply cannot disagree more.

But, I don't need to come back to this thread. This is a touchy subject for me. So, no one get directly offended, 'cause I don't know you for it to be meant as personal.

WAR EAGLE!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Maser
Dogs are equally vicious reguardless of species. It's all in how they're raised by they're owners and how much time they're around people. Pitbulls are a great species because they don't get all that big, but are strongly built.

This moron has never been around a Pug...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tomahawk, the dog is beautiful and I know you love him/her. But, I could never, with good conscience, leave my kids in a room with him/her for any length of time.

WAR EAGLE!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing is for certain ... George the Jack Russell was a mighty fine dog!

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Think the P has been in the cold too long.

Kill em all eh. yep try that here. Wife will solve the rest.

You didn't notice my post RE chihuahuas either did you. Or you have an agenda.

And killing a dog that snapped while he was being loaded. Come on, one little thing? Guess it would give anyone the right to off anyone else when they got grumpy. Generally speaking, unless trained wrong(read fault of the owner) a dog that snaps has been put into a bad place by an ignorant owner. My lab has bit/snapped a few times when I'm in the wrong with him too.

Much too heated for my taste though. But heated enough to show lots of ignorance.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well yeah, George had a lot of heart, but anyone who knows Jack Russell terriers knows that he didn't just gladly sacrifice his life for those kids. He thought that was a fight he could win.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Errant dog owners suck, check out these crazy people, who let there dog roam into a neighbors property it got what it deserved and now they start this crazy nonsense. www.ourmarbles.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Having been around good Jack Russels, wherever ol' George is tonight I'll bet he's itching for a rematch....

May we all meet our end so well.

Birdwatcher

....oh and pit bulls? I live in a "hood" (sort of), pit bulls are the reason folks around here are afraid of my heelers and all other dogs. Pit bulls are the reason I'm inclined to bring bear spray and weapons when I walk my two dogs.

I've grown to despise 'em and no, yer average pit bull is not the same as yer average golden retriever, dogs generally have an aptitude for the things they were bred for.

Still, mostly the idiot owners to blame I expect.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I've grown to despise 'em and no, yer average pit bull is not the same as yer average golden retriever, dogs generally have an aptitude for the things they were bred for.

Amen

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My friend lives on a rural property, he has grand children that come to visit and walk the roads in the area. A new neighbor moves in and has a pitbull type dog running loose and is agressive, although , no human interaction. he could ask the owner to control the dog, if he doesn't then what? You have already identifyed yourself as one who has a concern with the dog. So he just smiles and said howdy neighbor. after a while neighbor says his dog is missing, friend says he wood look out for him. still neighbors still cordule minus one dog.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He didn't snap, he bit the hell out of my dad. Put in a good head shake as well. But it was about the last thing that crazy son of a bitch did.

He wasn't mistreated, he was babied like all our hounds are. Fed well, regular trips to the vet, played with. He had a fatal flaw: he had lost, through genetics or whatever, that inate fear of man that prevents them from biting humans except in the most dire of circumstances. Any dog that exhibits this behavior should be instantly put down for the good of the breed.

This 'one chance and out attitude' is what keeps hunting hounds from becoming mean as breeds go. My attitude is not unique but rather the prevailing one with the houndsmen I hunt with. But that's all right. You boys keep throwing out the excuses and quotes from the ASPCA handbook and calling me a liberal.

I'll give you a little tidbit to chew on: How many times has a dog owner of these breeds said 'My dogs aren't vicious' AFTER the dog has mauled the hell out of some old lady fetching the paper or some poor kid playing frisby? That's how whacked out some of these dog owners are.

I'll make you a bet: I'll bet I can find at least 3 instances of a dog owner of these mongrels saying this, either after the mauling or at the trial following it, within the last month.

Bet?

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I admit I posted here first without reading the story, but after I read it I have to wonder something. Why are they making it sound like the dog was a hero or something? Most likely it was the terrier the pit bulls were going after to begin with. If the pits truly were after the kids they would have chased the kids while they were running away. Did the pit bulls do that? No, they stuck with the terrier.

1.) I'm American

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most likely? How do you figure that?

Think about things just a little before posting, Maser. Did you read both accounts linked to here?

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 41Keith
Most likely? How do you figure that?

I use my own personal exeriences when I used to have Taz (the dog in my avatar). I used to walk him 2-3 times a day and we occasionally came across other people walking their dogs or stray dogs roaming around the neighborhood. Them dogs didn't know me and they didn't know Taz. However, in all the attacks that happened, the dogs never once went after me even though I would physically be involved trying to seperate them. Sure, I wasn't exactly a 4 year old like in the story, but I was very small for my age and could of easily been killed.

I have never once had an experience where I was attacked by someone else's dog. If a dog approached me and I didn't know the dog, it would just sniff me a bunch of times. I remained calm and didn't show any form of hostility and guess what? Nothing happened.

1.) I'm American

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a beauty. Didn't even have to hunt to find this one:

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_5631047

After the dog attacks a police officer who has to shoot it off of him, the owner says the dog was never mean. 'Pit bulls have a bad rep. It's all how you train them' he goes on to say. But he claims the dog was always nice and was never taught to be mean.

'Maybe someone saw the dog and panicked?'

What the hell? You can't even get scared of these crazy bastards without setting them off?

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
HUNTS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Having been around good Jack Russels, wherever ol' George is tonight I'll bet he's itching for a rematch....

May we all meet our end so well.

Birdwatcher

Birdwatcher,

I couldn't agree more. That little dog didn't back down one bit. At nine years old he was just getting ready to enter his golden years. How many of us would take on two adversaries that weighed 5 or 6 times what we did and were built like NFL linebackers? This dog defined courage.

41Keith,

Nice touch with the avatar.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I cringe everytime I read another newspaper account of those damn yellow labs and golden retrievers mauling children...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I believe there is more to that story than meets the eye. Maybe the dog snapped but still more to this IMHO. Have been around a lot of dogs and have only seen one that belonged to my grandfather that committed an act that required termination. Red brought down a new calf and Pa Paw whistled up his prize short haired German pointer and shot him in the head. I was about 10 or 11 and cried for an hour but you can�t have that behavior in any animal around cattle.

I have shot too many to count that were caught running wild � people who don�t control and keep their animals on their own property are likely to never see them again if I get them in the crosshairs. When we let the Walkers (friends have some) loose to go coon hunting it is a real pain to make sure they don�t cross fences but we do it. Hard to get them back when they scent something but they are trained to respond to the whistle.

NRA Life Member
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,573
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.