Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks like Walgreen didn't want Walmart to grab all the "Gun Free" publicity so they jumped on the band wagon.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...cvs-join-national-gun-debate/2223985001/

Problem is.....Walgreen's is my insurance companies preferred provider so I hate to boycott em but it looks like I'll have to or risk the fall out from the 'fire's boycott 'squad'.

If I suddenly stop posting you'll know I made the wrong decision......wish me luck.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well Fuqk then too!!! šŸ˜”

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's just open carry, which is stupid anyway. Carry concealed, like i did in the Chinese Embassy yesterday.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i do substantially all my drug trade w/wahlgreens.

that's a disapointment. they're all jumping on the band wagon.

just like a flag, they all respond to the direction of the wind at the moment.

my wittle rugar is so minor that it might fit in the tops of most of my pairs of socks.

but i don't tote. i've seen parole officers with ex-inmates openly carry while buying groceries.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ironbender
It's just open carry, which is stupid anyway. Carry concealed, like i did in the Chinese Embassy yesterday.

the way the news articles are appearing, carefully written or not, is that the majority are "requesting" customers not to tote.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember when seeing a gun was no big deal, but two guys kissing was ā€œuncomfortableā€? P

Guns are bad, but that big bottle of OxyContin is OK. Ever notice that itā€™s front and center of the pharmacy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Itā€™s also makes the case that concealed carry will help people be more comfortable.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 16bore
Remember when seeing a gun was no big deal, but two guys kissing was ā€œuncomfortableā€? P

Guns are bad, but that big bottle of OxyContin is OK. Ever notice that itā€™s front and center of the pharmacy?

yes. it all depends upon which direction the wind is blowing the flag. been that way a long time now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

All this boycotting BS.............................. Its going to get that we will have to shop at the LGS for groceries, how's that going to work out.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Got to wonder if the stores that aren't going to allow legal personal carry of handguns by citizen customers on store property and/or inside store anymore intend to install electronic detection equipment at every entrance/exit and scan everyone including all employees, delivery personnel, etc.

Seems like they would have to since bad guys up to no good don't typically follow laws, let alone a store's rules.

Maybe even go so far as scanning at entrance to store parking lot by hired professional security guards, too?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

the way the news articles are appearing, carefully written or not, is that the majority are "requesting" customers not to tote.

Doubt it is a majority, just a very vocal minority.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by Gus

well yes. was speaking of the various corporates who have come out against "open" carry. most are "requesting" that the customers not do it.

in some states, when the sign on the window goes up, it's a much more serious request.

but, they're tipping their toes in the water. see what works and what doesn't.

like i say, i don't tote, so i'll have to shop at the pharmaceutical supplier that offers the best prices.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

All this boycotting BS.............................. Its going to get that we will have to shop at the LGS for groceries, how's that going to work out.

If the owner of my LGS can figure out a way.........

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have never open carried. Imo it's just a invitation for trouble. I don't want anyone knowing that I'm armed. I did have one of my Kimbers in my pocket at a movie one time. Lady behind was a little nervous when see saw my mepro night sights glowing. I quietly mentioned to her I that I had a concealed carry permit.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

well yes. was speaking of the various corporates who have come out against "open" carry. most are "requesting" that the customers not do it.

in some states, when the sign on the window goes up, it's a much more serious request.

but, they're tipping their toes in the water. see what works and what doesn't.

like i say, i don't tote, so i'll have to shop at the pharmaceutical supplier that offers the best prices.

Thinking this move is likely as much of a store's C-Y-A legal liability avoidance via a formal, "We told them not to", as a 'just-in-case' something were to turn ugly and a outward attempt at displaying a 'show' of concern to appease antis as anything.

Got to wonder too who's responsibility it will be to approach a gun carrying customer and ask/order them to leave. Store employee? Call police? Or ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't open carry nor do I GAF what any retailer wants.
It's legal to carry here unless they see it and ask you to leave,
I don't leave home without it and no one ever sees it.
They can all kiss my black cats azz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus

Yep. The article said only LEO can carry there now. šŸ˜”
Another Gun Free Zone. This ainā€™t gonna end well.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carry concealed just do not take it out until you need it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Places like Costco can put up a sign that says "no guns allowed", but they are not the law. If they can find out you have a gun, they can get trespassing warrant and you can't come back.

But until they have metal detectors, they don't know when you walk in concealed.

Yet another reason I don't like flying on planes.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I fired Walgreens about 6 months solely because they are a SLOW,

Go inside and there's 15 people waiting on meds

Go via drive thru, there's 15 cars in line

I suppose it's attributed to them being popular.

The hospital special pharm sends me all the monthly stuff to my doorstep, usually next day. They don't have to but they insist.

I'm sure that will come to a halt when my medicare kicks in this month.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.