-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hunting and Fishing will be next! 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Start trapping them for the meat.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live 500 yards from the house of the animal rights activist that got private mountain lion hunting with dogs banned in this state.
A large male cougar was spotting about 100 feet from his house a week ago.
Since the cougar swam here to this suburban Island city, the city is in constant hasle with the WA department of fish and wildlife [FW as the hate org is called] over what to do about our cougar [Officially named Mrs Robinson, even though it is a male].
But I hope the animal is not removed before he gets a chance to give one particular deserving citizen a bite of gratitude.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I moved back to this f'd up State a couple of years ago, and started looking through the game regs, I thought it odd that you could obtain bobcat tags but since a few years back the F&G folks won't seal them so you could send them to the auctions. I guess a person could just end up with a lot of bobcat pelts.

Now, I guess one won't be able to trap anything for "recreation" or profit anyway.

I've been thinkiing of taking a nice winter coyote with my bow or rifle so make a quiver for my arrows. I better do that this winter before they outlaw shooting coyotes too.

Just had a pleasant day behind the house, probably put in a good 3.5 miles still hunting the junipers looking for a buck to fill my archery tag. Saw no bucks, but did wake a nice looking 'yote up from his morning nap, but he was about 40 yards away, much too far for me with my traditional bow. Had him stopped broadside too. I've seen them up there in the winter, so I'll go back and look for him after he gets his winter coat.

Never been a trapper, but I have no gripe against those that do and had considered learning. Guess that's a no go now.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
When fur trapping is banned, there WILL be a population explosion of Predators and other fur bearing animals coming soon. Then a RABIES OUTBREAK.

RABIES is, in my opinion, a population control disease of nature. We saw it here in TX when the anti-fur PETA folks drove the prices of fur to virtually nothing.

California will soon reap what it has sown.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Just what does CA do for the hunters, fishermen, outdoors person from all the money they collect from the sales of all outdoor hunting and fishing licenses, taxes on the equipment purchased and probably some Fed money, too. It would be interesting to see how CA justifies spending the money without actually helping the hunters, fishermen, outdoors person. Just a thought ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
When fur trapping is banned, there WILL be a population explosion of Predators and other fur bearing animals coming soon. Then a RABIES OUTBREAK.

RABIES is, in my opinion, a population control disease of nature. We saw it here in TX when the anti-fur PETA folks drove the prices of fur to virtually nothing.

THAT explains it! You caught rabies... whistle whistle whistle

grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They are already overrun with angry beavers laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

THAT explains it! You caught rabies... whistle whistle whistle

grin

😳😬🤠

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
They are already overrun with angry beavers laugh

And they are likely heavily-furred!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
Just what does CA do for the hunters, fishermen, outdoors person from all the money they collect from the sales of all outdoor hunting and fishing licenses, taxes on the equipment purchased and probably some Fed money, too. It would be interesting to see how CA justifies spending the money without actually helping the hunters, fishermen, outdoors person. Just a thought ...

To answer your question, absolutely not one fricking thing. It's been one hell of a long tone since I escaped the communist state of Calfornia, 1968 or 51 years ago to be exact but I'm betting nothing has changed other than get worse since I left. All the monies collected for licenses etc went into the general fund. If Game and Fish needed money they had to go begging hat in hand and be damned glad it the even got one third of what they asked for. Usually got less. Probably for the best anyway. Back then it was damned hard to find a legal buck to shoot. Does and spikes were on do not shoot list. Dunno who was running Game and Fish back then but they sure had their cranial case up their rectal orifice. Guess that hasn't change as well. I did my very first deer hunt in California back in 1949. I even got a nice 4 point buck on a private ranch that my dad and I were invited to hunt. The no does, no spikes law was already in effect even was back then so Game and Fish was a clusterfrick, probably even before I was born. (1938). My family said I was a fool to even want to leave California. For a while I thought they might be right but finally landed the job I had been trained for. Couldn't even get hired on in Cali and only took nine months in Nevada. If you were to ask me if I regretted leaving California I would answer with a resounding, "HELL NO!" cool
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Fur trapping ? Everything is banned in California.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No it ain't. Illegals are welcomed and encouraged. They are not banned. Friggin' state.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Can one still trap the animals if they chose to use them for meat and fur is incidental?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rifletom
No it ain't. Illegals are welcomed and encouraged. They are not banned. Friggin' state.

And drugs and drug addicts.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"A large male cougar was spotting about 100 feet from his house a week ago.
Since the cougar swam here to this suburban Island city, the city is in constant hasle with the WA department of fish and wildlife [FW as the hate org is called] over what to do about our cougar [Officially named Mrs Robinson, even though it is a male]."

I love that! A cougar named Mrs. Robinson.
Yes, I saw the intro to that movie 2 weeks ago on TCM, and Mr. Mankeweitz said that Mrs. Robinson is the most famous cougar in history.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'll bet fur trading is still legal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,126
Posts18,483,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.