Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Paul
Check out this place. Might be more Mahindra forums to find via via google.

http://mahindra-forum.com/forum.php

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Paul

Thanks!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Paul

I suggest tractorbynet.com. Very active forum.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NIce looking rig!
It's nice having your own tractor and not having to borrow somebodies.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Paul

Passed by that in my Google list confusing it w tractordata.com
Thanks.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Paul

,...buncha bucket wigglers on that site.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...buncha skinny lil fuggers with them new tractors,.....ain't lifted schitt since they got their new tractor,....cain't carry groceries in without gettin' the tractor out,....use the tractor to pour charcoal in the Bar-B-Q grill,....take the garbage out with the tractor,.....pick turds outta the cat box with the tractor,...

,...bucket wigglers.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul

I have mined that site exhaustively.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1911a1
NIce looking rig!
It's nice having your own tractor and not having to borrow somebodies.

It would have been far cheaper to hire out the work I need to do, but then I wouldn't have a tractor. Just like it would be cheaper to charter a boat than to own one.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
To get the most out of your tractor and especially the FEL, I strongly recommend that you make a 3 or weight for it. 1000 lbs may sound like a lot, but it is just about right. It is a safety thing, not just traction. Tractorsbynet will show you many options for making one. Fluid filled tires help, but they are not enough.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
To get the most out of your tractor and especially the FEL, I strongly recommend that you make a 3 or weight for it. 1000 lbs may sound like a lot, but it is just about right. It is a safety thing, not just traction. Tractorsbynet will show you many options for making one. Fluid filled tires help, but they are not enough.

I am going to try it out as it is and see how it does for the work I need to do with it. That's my approach with most of the things I buy. Get a good feel for them before the mods begin.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well be careful with the bucket. Keep it low and light.

Tipping over is not optimal.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That raises another point of discussion. Safety. I am a safety professional by trade. I have read all of the safety literature provided with the tractor. Obviously COG matters and keeping loads low makes sense. In the commercial fishing world, rotating hazards and pinch points kill and maim far too many, so I'll be very alert for those hazards. As always, experience is the best teacher. I have never operated a tractor. I take things very slowly at first. What tips do the members here have?

As an extension to the topic of safety, my owners manual tells me not to baby the engine during break-in. Anytime I undertake something new, I take it slow. I guess with the low range on the HST I can keep the revs up without moving too quickly huh?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Unlike a truck, engine speed can be largely independent of ground speed, so engine up, speed down is easy.

Watch out for hidden holes and stumps that will try to flip you, and side hills or any hill is not your friend. Especially with something on the FEL.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Paul, great tractor! And nice to put a face to a name.

On the other issue, I too am having shoulder issues. In a low-speed tip-over situation on a group bicycle ride I read over to a picket fence to steady myself. Turns out that weren’t a good idea. Heading out on a cross-country bicycle ride a few day later prob’ly didnt help any.

Have to found your shoulder issues affect your riding any?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

That raises another point of discussion. Safety. I am a safety professional by trade. I have read all of the safety literature provided with the tractor. Obviously COG matters and keeping loads low makes sense. In the commercial fishing world, rotating hazards and pinch points kill and maim far too many, so I'll be very alert for those hazards. As always, experience is the best teacher. I have never operated a tractor. I take things very slowly at first. What tips do the members here have?

As an extension to the topic of safety, my owners manual tells me not to baby the engine during break-in. Anytime I undertake something new, I take it slow. I guess with the low range on the HST I can keep the revs up without moving too quickly huh?

You'll do fine. Common sense is all that's required, and you already have that.

If you are going to use the loader for heavy lifting in high positions just put that 5' cutter on the back as counter weight. Better than any weights you buy or make. wink

Lots of people just leave their cutters on the 3 pt for that very reason.

That mCRD emissions system is made to run hard, so high rpm's won't hurt at all.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Paul, great tractor! And nice to put a face to a name.

On the other issue, I too am having shoulder issues. In a low-speed tip-over situation on a group bicycle ride I read over to a picket fence to steady myself. Turns out that weren’t a good idea. Heading out on a cross-country bicycle ride a few day later prob’ly didnt help any.

Have to found your shoulder issues affect your riding any?

My shoulder gives me a good bit of trouble on longer rides. I constantly change hand positions and even that doesn't alleviate the pain. It just makes it bearable.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Unlike a truck, engine speed can be largely independent of ground speed, so engine up, speed down is easy.

Watch out for hidden holes and stumps that will try to flip you, and side hills or any hill is not your friend. Especially with something on the FEL.

When the dealer showed me the controls, he cautioned me not to partially depress forward and reverse pedals. Other than keeping the HST in low, how are the engine speed and ground speed unrelated?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

You'll do fine. Common sense is all that's required, and you already have that.

If you are going to use the loader for heavy lifting in high positions just put that 5' cutter on the back as counter weight. Better than any weights you buy or make. wink

Lots of people just leave their cutters on the 3 pt for that very reason.

That mCRD emissions system is made to run hard, so high rpm's won't hurt at all.

I thought that I would do that or the box blade. No need to worry about it stressing the attachments and hydraulic system over time huh?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...buncha skinny lil fuggers with them new tractors,.....ain't lifted schitt since they got their new tractor,....cain't carry groceries in without gettin' the tractor out,....use the tractor to pour charcoal in the Bar-B-Q grill,....take the garbage out with the tractor,.....pick turds outta the cat box with the tractor,...

,...bucket wigglers.

An 8N is POSSIBLY one step above a mule, and there's good argument for a mule being the smarter choice. They're best suited for pulling the 4H float in the local poultry parade.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (21, 160user, 1936M71, 44mc, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 12,105 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,029
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.