Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Last I heard on this was a large number of these cases involve THC vaping or "homebrews" of one sort or other. That would be a step up in Stupid, right up there with placing small burrowing rodents in one's poop chute.

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The underclass is intent on polluting themselves. Weird and screwed up is the norm now. No way to stop it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know that when they came out that “weed” had to be on the to do list.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The underclass is intent on polluting themselves. Weird and screwed up is the norm now. No way to stop it.

I’ve used one to transition away from cigarettes, as has been said it seems to be the CBD oils that are causing the problems.

How does this make me “underclass”

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
pretty low numbers IMHO.

OTOH who ever could think that vaping was better than smoking and if so, how much better....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What the hell was wrong with smoking your tobacco or pot??

I am MAGA.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Might be different where you live, but I see far fewer people vaping now than even a few years ago.Also, how many kids are vaping now compared to how many were smoking 40-50 years ago? This is not some sort of new development in human behavior.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
It appears to be the vitamin E that used as the liquid base in vape pens causing the problem.

They are referring to the synthetic version of E (acetate)..not the natural E.

the syn. is a petrochemical derived Molecular compound : 3,4-Dihydro-2,5,7,8-tetramethyl-2-(4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl)-2H-1-benzopyran-6-ol

Natural E is a single stereoisomer.
Synthetic E is a mixture of eight stereoisomers,( only one of which is the same as natural E )

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The particular chemical that seems to be at the root of this is THC.

I don't think the maker intended them for use with Marijuana oils etc. but someone got that bright idea, and now Mr. Darwin has some work to do.

The process of producing an extract requires solvents (Butane or Hexane) of which residuals can remain.
then there are other substances like oil thinning carrier agents/compounds (Propylene Glycol and Polyethylene Glycol.)
that help burn the oil more effficiently.
Carrier agents contain carcinogens which when subject to high temperatures have potential to become more sinister.
(known to produce carcinogens including acetaldehyde and formaldehyde)

Vap flavors.

Several common flavoring agents, (diacetyl, acetoin, and 2,3-pentanedione) have been linked to severe respiratory diseases;
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/p...chemicals-linked-to-respiratory-disease/

One study found diacetyl can cause severe lung disease;
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/flavorings/exposure.html

Diacetyl found in over 75% of vape liquids tested;
https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/doi/10.1289/ehp.1510185

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dale06
Amazing people have to be told that inhaling various chemicals daily could be harmful.

People will do as people will do and there is no getting around it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have never been able to understand sucking on one of those stainless steel gizmos. If I had my own dictionary the first words I would delete would be Vape and Vaping watching men do that is pretty friggin sad IMO.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Druggies paying the consequences of indulging in their addiction in what they thought was a new and different way. The vapers I see in my area don't appear to be the sharpest pencils in the box.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I think the idea is to get a hit of nicotine without setting anything on fire or even using tobacco......in theory getting away from some of the carcinogens involved in burning pesticide laden tobacco and inhaling its smoke.

Last edited by RJY66; 09/09/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It appears to be the vitamin E that used as the liquid base in vape pens causing the problem.

And in true Democrat fashion the Michigan Dems jumped up and solved the problem by banning all flavored Vaps before they even knew what was going on,

Lol, they cured another problem that didn't exist..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag

And in true Democrat fashion the Michigan Dems jumped up and solved the problem by banning all flavored Vaps before they even knew what was going on,

Praise the Lord; I never would have been able to figure it all out if they hadn’t banned it.

It’s toxic maternalism that is our culture’s problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw

Praise the Lord; I never would have been able to figure it all out if they hadn’t banned it.

It’s toxic maternalism that is our culture’s problem.

It appears as if the above guys do have things figured out! Congrats, guys.

When we have a culture of young dumbasses willing to kill themselves with Tide Pods, illegal vape materials, and posting videos of lighting themselves on fire, it's not too hard to get to the root cause of such deaths.

Blaming "vaping" is the same as blaming the revolver when some dumbass uses one to lose at Russian Roulette.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Old age does funny things to a person. I thought it was cool to smoke cigarettes once upon a time, and now I realize it was pretty stupid. I see vaping the same way.....it's pretty stupid to mix up a bunch of chemicals and put them into your lungs.

But, I do not go along with Big Brother telling me what I can do with my body, and what I can't. If I choose to ruin what God gave me by overeating, overdrinking, smoking, using illegal drugs, vaping, and living an unhealthy lifestyle, it should be my right to do so.........however, it should also be the right of the medical community and the taxpayers to not have to be responsible for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a lot to that, James.

More and more, the govt doesn't trust it's subjects (citizens) with "freedom".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I think the idea is to get a hit of nicotine without setting anything on fire or even using tobacco......in theory getting away from some of the carcinogens involved in burning pesticide laden tobacco and inhaling its smoke.

Vaping is just a different nicotine delivery system and once a nicotine user is hooked, he/she is likely to be a customer for life. Vaping may be a safer delivery system than smoking, but the potential risk are not well known.

The flavored vaping liquids seem to be aimed at minors, most of whom aren't mature enough to make an informed decision. Same as with flavored dip, lower nicotine levels in the flavored styles gets the young user hooked and they move on to styles with higher nicotine levels as their cravings grow. When I was a kid, a lot of other kids started smoking Taryton brand cigarettes and as their nicotine demand went up they moved on to Camels, Marlboros, and Winstons.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K

This^^^^^^ X 1000

We live in America, correct?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The particular chemical that seems to be at the root of this is THC.

I don't think the maker intended them for use with Marijuana oils etc. but someone got that bright idea, and now Mr. Darwin has some work to do.

The current theory is oily vapor causing a lipoid pneumonia, which can prove fatal.

Not so harmless....

DF

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 1minute, 240NMC, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,339
Posts18,487,720
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.