Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
What the hell is a gluten and why was this not a problem 20 years ago?

It is a protein in wheat/barley that some people (other than those with Celiac disease) have decided to blame for their lives being to good in order to make themselves victims and the center of attention. People in the Third World Countries (other than those with Celiac disease) do not suffer from these imaginary dietary issues.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was once served a gluten free meal and discovered I really like the stuff. Any time Cookie and I are out, I always ask for extra gluten.

Last edited by 1minute; 09/09/19.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have an Aldi's store near you, and they're not on our burgeoning DON'T SHOP list, try their Aldi's Live G Free Gluten Free Cheddar Cheese biscuit mix.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's like Chris Rock said one time..."you think anyone in Rwanda has a lactose intolerance" ?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by gregintenn
What the hell is a gluten and why was this not a problem 20 years ago?

Now they spray wheat fields with Roundup to dry the grain off before harvest.

They do spray them with something!

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
whoever comes up w/ a low carb biscuit deserves the Nobel Prize! Slumdog's rolls look amazing.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't know about biscuits but some of the pizza crust made with cauliflower is pretty good. If it's done right, it get brown and crispy like the real thing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't know about biscuits but some of the pizza crust made with cauliflower is pretty good. If it's done right, it get brown and crispy like the real thing.

The local pizza shop makes the cauliflower crust pizza and it was really good but the price was twice what a regular pizza costs.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Check out America's Test Kitchen. They do all sorts of stuff. My daughters both have celiac and as the GI doc said, it's tedious, expensive, and socially inconvenient.
They have a cookbook and tell you how to make their ATK flour.
We use it for everything and it's pretty darn good.
It's a combination of white rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch and powdered milk.

Send a pm if you want more info, I can probably send you a picture of the flour recipe. We make about 5 lbs of it at a time and use it like all the flour in the past.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the recipe. My wife was diagnosed with celiac sprue disease and the diet change was, and is, difficult but the change in her system was wonderful for her health. Unfortunately those with celiac frequently then became allergic to dairy. It is very difficult to find gluten and dairy free stuff. It's worth the search, though.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Puzzy biscuits! Same as s holes that buy QUEER jeans!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Heck of a passing, sniping comment for someone asking for help managing a family memeber's Crohns or Celiac disease.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Heck of a passing, sniping comment for someone asking for help managing a family memeber's Crohns or Celiac disease.

GFY! You know how this comment was meant! You're just trying to justify YOUR bulls hit comment!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Youre full of shît you old fûck, won't be long before youre shîtting blood, with or without a crohns or celiac

Hopefully you'll be laying in a pool of your own diarrhea in nursing home Depends while a $7 an hour negroe ignores your pleas for taint serviing.

I got no dog in this either way, youre just a bitch.

lol

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Something interesting about gluten. Government did a major study on grains in 1953. In 1953 wheat produced about 20 something bushels per acre. Wheat had a small amount of gluten. Today they produce something like 60 something bushels an acre. This was through hybrids, ect. to get production up. Today wheat has 10 times the gluten as it did in 1953. Heard this on the news so the amounts my be somewhat wrong. Again 3 times the wheat per acre, but 10 times the gluten. They did the same with rice and corn. When I was a kid in the early 60's we were told that China and India would have massive famines and millions would die from starvation within 20 years. So the government got busy developing hybrids. No famines, China and India have enough food. Our food prices dropped.

Problem is vitamin content of hybrid foods aren't as high. So they have to add vitamins. This is especially true of hydrophonic foods. Tomatoes especially don't taste as good as home grown in the soil with natural fertilizers such as chicken, cow, horse, or other manures. Tree leaves mulched and blended into the soil also provide trace minerals the trees brought up from deep in the ground.

Another problem many people become allergic to gluten, as well as other food allergies such as peanut, milk, etc. I grew up drinking milk and did so as an adult, eating peanuts and peanut butter. Now I am allergic to peanuts milk and wheat, as well as tomatoes, and soy. Kind of hard to avoid soy as it is used to fry foods as well as in salad dressing. So I now use almond milk, avoid peanuts. However, if I can get some home grown tomatoes, I eat them with no problems. Hmmm. Kind of makes you wonder.

Before WWII, most milk came from Jersey cows (small cows producing about 2 gallons a day with lots of milkfat). Today most milk comes from Gernsey cows (8 gallons a day with less milk fat per gallon than Jerseys). With antibiotics and steroids they give cows to grow and produce milk and meat, as well as chickens and pork. Makes you wonder what you are eating. Girls and boys today seem to mature faster body wise, not brain wise. Girls in Jr. High today have D cups. People are more overweight. Not just because of computers and computer games and lack of outside playing, but the foods they eat.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Life advice!!!!
From diet to sports and everything in between.
Really informative speaker....

FF to 5:20 to 6: 30 subject is
really deep stuff...

LOL!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Girls and boys today seem to mature faster body wise, not brain wise. Girls in Jr. High today have D cups. People are more overweight. Not just because of computers and computer games and lack of outside playing, but the foods they eat.

Food is most definitely different than it used to be. For one thing, we have more of it and more variety. When I was a kid, a 300-lb. Lineman in the NFL was a rarity. Now they're all 300+.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
To all the soyboy cum burping shemale yeast infected HIV ridden mongoloids that say it wasn't an issue 50 years ago why is it now?

We aren't eating the same food we were in decades past. Nothing is free, you'll always ALWAYS end up paying the piper. Higher yields, and more pesticide/herbicide resistant strains are harder to digest, and Lord only knows what else. I know at least some of them that can't eat wheat foodstuffs can eat food made with ancient grains.

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Does anyone have a recipe that they could share? My wife has celiac disease, I’ve tried to make them but they turn out like hockey pucks.

Help Denny

Here are a few.

https://www.savorytooth.com/low-carb-biscuits/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/264211/cheesy-keto-biscuits/

https://kaseytrenum.com/keto-low-carb-biscuits/

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
To all the soyboy cum burping shemale yeast infected HIV ridden mongoloids that say it wasn't an issue 50 years ago why is it now?

We aren't eating the same food we were in decades past. Nothing is free, you'll always ALWAYS end up paying the piper. Higher yields, and more pesticide/herbicide resistant strains are harder to digest, and Lord only knows what else. I know at least some of them that can't eat wheat foodstuffs can eat food made with ancient grains.

^^^^

Used to be 'amber waves of grain' waist high

The fields myself and renegade hunt artifacts in are now stunted, fast maturing wheat that is only shin high. Roundup Ready, gmo the drill settings are very tight on the plantings. No way to search it during the wheat rotation, except in the winter at first germination.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,130
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.