-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cart full of food, that’ll show therm. What a boycott! What do they call Redneck snowflakes? Cornflakes!

You do realize that they are trying to attract the yuppie market....they own the bubba market, and don’t care.

I was in bass pro shops and filled a cart with ammo and camo, then left it because they didn’t sell milk! Mother f-er’s!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll go back during closeout season next year!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
I went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. Loaded up the cart with all my groceries: milk, ice cream, eggs, butter, frozen entrees, etc. Went to the gun counter and asked for some .223 ammo. The clerk told me they didn't have it anymore, so I said, "screw shopping here then.", and left.

Hope they got all that food back to the coolers in time.

You really stuck it to them.....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
That train left the station a long time ago. People decided they would rather save a little money and buy foreign made. US manufacturing suffered. Nothing much has changed. Hasbeen

^ This right here in a nutshell. I've heard it called the "housewife syndrome".........braindead to everything except the price.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. Loaded up the cart with all my groceries: milk, ice cream, eggs, butter, frozen entrees, etc. Went to the gun counter and asked for some .223 ammo. The clerk told me they didn't have it anymore, so I said, "screw shopping here then.", and left.

You really stuck it to them.....

If any of the refrigerated/frozen foods get too warm, and/or 'use before' dated food stays out too long to restock and sell, it'll ether be a tax write-off for Walmart and/or the vendors, and even if it doesn't, worst case -- a store clerk will just have to put it all back. Walmart corporate nor stockholders won't lose even a fraction of a penny.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I am in good shape. Walmart is 25 miles away. About the only reason I go there is if I can't find VacMaster bags (far less expensive than FoodSaver) closer, and I'm going to Kenai anyway.

10 miles away in Soldotna ( I live out of town) is a Fred Meyer (they carry some guns and stuff) , a Safeway, A Sportsman's Warehouse, a really good smaller Hardware/sporting goods store, another smaller sporting goods store across the lot from SW, a couple gun/gunsmithing places, A Walgreens, several auto parts stores.

Anchorage Costco , & Cabelas is only 150 miles/3 hours away- we often hit that passing through or in Anchorage for other reasons. I am disappointec in Anc Cabelas, tho. Gone to hell with cheap but overpriced stuff since BP took them over. I'll order on-line if I cant find it locally from now on. Amazon delivers to door or PO, tho I prefer to examine in person what I'm getting, before purchase, if it is new to me.

Walmarts is pretty much not in my life. But ef them anyway.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Wish we had a Costco around here.......

They gots prime beefs, ya know!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by tmitch
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
That train left the station a long time ago. People decided they would rather save a little money and buy foreign made. US manufacturing suffered. Nothing much has changed. Hasbeen

^ This right here in a nutshell. I've heard it called the "housewife syndrome".........braindead to everything except the price.

A lot of Walmart's success has to do with the convenience of one-stop shopping for most everything average households would regularly need and use, and all indoors regardless of weather, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm doing my part laugh

Living in a smaller town I have to order some stuff on Amazon, like the large box of small milk bones. The Amazon milkbone price is the same as Walmart, but delivered to my door. I also ordered a new electric razor, but I think I could have gone to Target for that. I grocery shop at a local chain Super 1, and we have a target and a Bestbuy. So there are alternatives to the chitfest.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad y'all are all pizzed at Walmart, because the timing couldn't have been any better. Just checked Brickseek and they've finally dropped those Remington 700's down to where I'm forced to buy a few.

No competition means better pickings.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by joken2

If he were still alive, I wonder what Sam Walton's son, John Walton, a Green Beret and served in Vietnam, take on all this would be... The Billionaire Green Beret: John Walton

never knew of him until now. Would have liked to have known him.

He even looked a lot like his dad, too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by joken2; 09/09/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Everyone should put black face on and go into Walmarts ice-cream freezers ,pull out a quart. Open and take a lick. shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'm glad y'all are all pizzed at Walmart, because the timing couldn't have been any better. Just checked Brickseek and they've finally dropped those Remington 700's down to where I'm forced to buy a few.

They are almost giving them away at 77% off their regular price of $379.

Marked down to $89 now -- IF -- you can find any at that price still in stock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Have you looked today?

Maybe not at every store, but at every store I checked in a certain state that's not to far off

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Have you looked today?

Maybe not at every store, but at every store I checked in a certain state that's not to far off

Just did a few minutes ago.

Every one in every caliber marked down to $89 in SW Indiana, SE Illinois, and W KY within reasonable driving range (for me) showed "Sold Out" at Brickseek, or else still haven't been marked down yet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Been in a Walmart once(maybe twice) in the last +10 years.

Hell, I haven't even seen a Walmart in probably 3-4 years.

Being an isolated hermit has its advantages....

Last edited by SamOlson; 09/09/19.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wal Mart want to go to all self check out.
Now they will not sell any ammo except some shotgun.
It is hard to find an employee to help ( that speaks English)

What's not to like??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Have you looked today?

Every one in every caliber marked down to $89 in SW Indiana, SE Illinois, and W KY within reasonable driving range (for me) showed "Sold Out" at Brickseek, or else still haven't been marked down yet.

Ya gotta know where to look.......lol. You're not looking in the right places.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

LOL. That's awesome!

I was going to call dassa an idiot…..but I will include you too...….to intentionally try and destroy food and make more work for others, is the sign of a dumbass.

to agree and think " that's awesome".....is the sign of a punk...…..bob

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Have you looked today?

Ya gotta know where to look.......lol. You're not looking in the right places.

If they pay me 89 bucks to take one.
I would jump on it in a heartbeat!!
LOL!!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.