Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by memtb
Jim, that will just help the “looters” find your beef. They will kill, cut off what they can carry and leave the rest to rot. Livestock will soon be a thing of the past! memtb

Could be. The ritualistic killers did that years ago.

They would come out and cut the udders off of cows and leave the rest.

I just think there is too much money at stake to let the people go feral.

The big wigs of Wall Street will never steal out of the same garden as Joe the day laborer.

I am MAGA.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by memtb
Jim, that will just help the “looters” find your beef. They will kill, cut off what they can carry and leave the rest to rot. Livestock will soon be a thing of the past! memtb

Could be. The ritualistic killers did that years ago.

They would come out and cut the udders off of cows and leave the rest.

I just think there is too much money at stake to let the people go feral.

The big wigs of Wall Street will never steal out of the same garden as Joe the day laborer.

That was aliens cutting them cows, everybody knows that.

FWIW I don't buy in to many of the tinfoil theories, but I believe the EMP one is legit.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There of course was speculation about aliens. No tracks or footprints could be found.

I fully believe that an EMP would suck the fat one.

I just dont believe that our Jewish overlords would allow their tax livestock to roam free for very long.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jim, If we experience a “full fledged” event....I think that the military and the rich will be quite limited in their response.....at least for quite a while. It may be quite some time before the “Calvary” arrives, until then...we’re on our on! When the hoards start “raping and pillaging” the countryside, a well-stocked pond, not visible from a roadway or railway, within rifle range of your chosen defensible position.....months into this scenario, may be your only easily accessible protein food source! A solar powered ( but hidden) motion detector could give a heads-up of intruders at night. Unless they’re much better fishermen than I ......taking them out, would be liking “ shooting fish in a barrel”! wink pun intended! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, yer Bitcoins aint gonna be worth schit for a while!

The survival instinct is strong....with some humans.

Most will shelter in place until its too late.

I guess we just disagree about the duration.

Hell, the old timers used to run their trucks on Wood Gas back in the day when gasoline was rationed.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Funny you mention Bitcoin: a guy just snapped up a 100 acre tract of former pasture very close to my property. Made his money by getting into the Bitcoin craze early on and cashed out. The original owners went all out having an engineering/surveying firm lay out a nice neat subdivision on the property along with approval from the municipality.
The guy is only building his home on it. Spoke to a friend at 84Lumber and he says they ordered over $250K worth of bulletproof windows and doors last week for the house.

Mebbe he knows something......

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hell, the old timers used to run their trucks on Wood Gas back in the day when gasoline was rationed.

Yeah, but what you gotta take into account is how many decades in we are now into everything being on the grid. Different world now dude. Losing power in the 50s was like turning the clock back a couple decades. MAYBE. Losing power now would be unlivable for many many folks for a variety of reasons.

MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kellory
Biggest problem with hardening the grid, is it was not one big entity. It was built up over time by many smaller companies that all did things just a bit differently. It has bypasses, and redundancies in some areas, but also has some unique key parts with no spares, and months involved in replacing said parts.
The grid is a vulnerability, that would cause wide spread death if it were to fail in winter. Many homes are now all electric.
Stores have gone to JIT deliveries. This means no more than 3 days of food on the shelves at any one time, to reduce spoilage, and waste. History has shown that when blizzards and such have shut down trucking in the short term, stores have been stripped by angry people. HELL! There was a 40 MINUTE glitch in the EBT card system, which resulted in rioting!
Now, a modern shipping company, modern trucks with on board computers and coil packs, safety sensors, cam switches, low oil sensors, electronic fuel injection, no more than a 3 day grace period, and people who act like animals when the .Gov teet is shut off, and that is not a good situation to be in for any length of time. Add in the long repair times, the lack of repair parts, and the inability of even repair crews to get around, you have a full blown clusterfuq.

The Grid in the U.S. is built in 3 parts. If you drew a line straight up from Texas, the division would be the West Grid, East Grid and Texas Grid. This was done as a protection from EMP from a nuclear bomb attack. The three grids are all out of phase from one another, hoping that one grid would be at 0 degrees at that time of EMP occurrence. They are tied together with large Converter-Inverter systems to allow degreeing and passing of voltage East to West. This worked in the 60's, but now nuclear bombs are so big and can be delivered anywhere in the U.S. that this electrical scheme really only serves to make getting electricity from our dirty coal producing power plants that I work in the East to the "clean " West hard to do because of restraints between Grids. I don't know much about it, but have been told that the petroleum industry is somewhat set up the same way with just a few main arteries supplying the country. Most grades of fuel pumped in same lines with "slugs" of cheap fuels used to separate the fuels. A strategic strike on a petroleum line would have the effect of a EMP strike and losing most petroleum products in our country. The resulting domino effect of the first launch would be such that probably no one on Earth would have much to worry about anyway. Not sure anyone's beloved carburetor car would work either, since the condenser (which is just a high mfd. capacitor) in the old electrical system would probably be fried along with all the spares on the shelf.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yeah, but what you gotta take into account is how many decades in we are now into everything being on the grid. Different world now dude. Losing power in the 50s was like turning the clock back a couple decades. MAYBE. Losing power now would be unlivable for many many folks for a variety of reasons.

I agree that its a different world today. There wasn't even power out here till the early 50's!

I also think that people sell short the human ability to adapt.

Yes, some will curl up and die......probably didnt need them folks anyway.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Pre electronic diesels are more likely to run after an event & are easier to store fuel for. Your own cooking oil separator/mixer is an important tool.

I pretty much despise diesels, but recognize their utility. If a serious prepper, I'd have 1 or 4.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
One Second After.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The amish up here seem to do alright with no electric or petrol powered vehicles. I lived one whole summer at a friends hunting camp with no electric or running water after me and the wife split up. Cooked every meal over an open fire, bathed in the creek, shyt in the woods like a bear, ate fish and frogs legs out of the lake every day. Was one of, if not the best summer of my life. Living like that in the winter could be a real drag.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anybody have any cannibal recipes ?
I'm thinking human would be just like any other meat , garlic & onion powder black pepper - just like the ribeye I ate a few minutes ago - should make it taste ok . Nice tender little liberals would be stumbling around within hours of their x-box/phone going off .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by kellory
Biggest problem with hardening the grid, is it was not one big entity. It was built up over time by many smaller companies that all did things just a bit differently. It has bypasses, and redundancies in some areas, but also has some unique key parts with no spares, and months involved in replacing said parts.
The grid is a vulnerability, that would cause wide spread death if it were to fail in winter. Many homes are now all electric.
Stores have gone to JIT deliveries. This means no more than 3 days of food on the shelves at any one time, to reduce spoilage, and waste. History has shown that when blizzards and such have shut down trucking in the short term, stores have been stripped by angry people. HELL! There was a 40 MINUTE glitch in the EBT card system, which resulted in rioting!
Now, a modern shipping company, modern trucks with on board computers and coil packs, safety sensors, cam switches, low oil sensors, electronic fuel injection, no more than a 3 day grace period, and people who act like animals when the .Gov teet is shut off, and that is not a good situation to be in for any length of time. Add in the long repair times, the lack of repair parts, and the inability of even repair crews to get around, you have a full blown clusterfuq.

The Grid in the U.S. is built in 3 parts. If you drew a line straight up from Texas, the division would be the West Grid, East Grid and Texas Grid. This was done as a protection from EMP from a nuclear bomb attack. The three grids are all out of phase from one another, hoping that one grid would be at 0 degrees at that time of EMP occurrence. They are tied together with large Converter-Inverter systems to allow degreeing and passing of voltage East to West. This worked in the 60's, but now nuclear bombs are so big and can be delivered anywhere in the U.S. that this electrical scheme really only serves to make getting electricity from our dirty coal producing power plants that I work in the East to the "clean " West hard to do because of restraints between Grids. I don't know much about it, but have been told that the petroleum industry is somewhat set up the same way with just a few main arteries supplying the country. Most grades of fuel pumped in same lines with "slugs" of cheap fuels used to separate the fuels. A strategic strike on a petroleum line would have the effect of a EMP strike and losing most petroleum products in our country. The resulting domino effect of the first launch would be such that probably no one on Earth would have much to worry about anyway. Not sure anyone's beloved carburetor car would work either, since the condenser (which is just a high mfd. capacitor) in the old electrical system would probably be fried along with all the spares on the shelf.

That's why the spares would need to be stored in a faraday cage. Any delicate electronics, radios, spare flashlights, any type of electrical repair parts for home or vehicle, comms, if only to hear what's going on in the outside world.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I'm thinking human would be just like any other meat , garlic & onion powder black pepper - just like the ribeye I ate a few minutes ago - should make it taste ok . Nice tender little liberals would be stumbling around within hours of their x-box/phone going off .

Naw, snowflakes would likely taste freezer burnt.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No matter how much you season them Democrats will still taste like schit...........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The amish up here seem to do alright with no electric or petrol powered vehicles.

Gonna need an armyor two of street sweepers. And they think LA/San Fran is bad now. Neigh!

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

No matter how much you season them Democrats will still taste like schit...........

Fugg that. I’m gonna go visit Big Jim. He’s got lots of Ham! 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Faraday cage this, Faraday cage that. Ever think that a steel auto body makes for a Faraday cage? Not perfect but does it need to be.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I view dwellings which house Democrats without guns as resupply depots.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Em cachet’s.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.