-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.

Stores can legally restrict the carrying of guns on to their private property.

Stores cannot "prevent" anyone from bringing concealed firearms into their stores.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s a reverse Gay Pride Parade. These dipschits need to use their heads. Walmart can manage their property as they see fit. Period.

We had about 30 such dumbasses standing at an intersection outside a gunshow strapped to the hilt with AR’s, AK’s, rebel flags, and whatever else tacticool crap they could find trying to act like they were saving the 2A.

Stupid.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=16bore]It’s a reverse Gay Pride Parade [quote]

Interesting analogy. Think about the relative trajectories of gay rights and gun rights today. Personally I think OC in town is stupid, but I'm not going to hammer someone for exercising their God given rights.

Last edited by RufusG; 09/10/19.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
activists? more like MORONS.

Amen!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by jorgeI
activists? more like MORONS.

Amen!

Could not agree more. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i think i posted this before, but here goes.
couple of weeks ago waiting by the little food court for my wife to run through the checkout, i see this van dike bearded skinny human sitting with his 400pound significant other munching pizza. and i immediately notice the handgun in a kydex quick draw type of holster he was packing. I have to use one of those electric carts, legs don't work right, but i cruised right by him two or three times, would have been real easy to get that gun.

Which makes me question the sanity of carrying like that.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no question I carry concealed, and it only takes a fraction of a second for these Yahoos to get the jump on folk. I watch weekly as camo and/or vest clad tacticool “heros” with bandanas, sheepdog hats, boots, and the like go in grocery stores and such bouncing around like they are somebody. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then you have it good. Its just a matter of time before one of them gets shot. I applaud the policy against open carry in these type places and I do wish they would impose it instead of fence sit.

Seems like folk can’t seem to run down the middle no more, they have to swing way too far one way or another for attention.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/10/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG
[quote=16bore]It’s a reverse Gay Pride Parade [quote]

Interesting analogy. Think about the relative trajectories of gay rights and gun rights today. Personally I think OC in town is stupid, but I'm not going to hammer someone for exercising their God given rights.

And that would apply to both groups, but either see it that way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.

Stores can legally restrict the carrying of guns on to their private property.

Stores cannot "prevent" anyone from bringing concealed firearms into their stores.

Yes, they bloody well can. Any business has the right to restrict carry in thier establishment. The posting of a 30.06 or 30.07 sign has the force of law here. If I carry concealed into a posted establishment, and I am caught doing so, there is no asking me to leave and a trespass charge if I refuse. Here, if that store owner choses, he can have me arrested. If i run into a liberal or Democrat owner with an ax to grind, he can have me jailed.
It is not illegal if I'm caught, it's illegal weither or not I'm caught, but if caught, the penalty can be severe. Most stores would let it slide, as long as you leave, but there are no guarantees.
"Preventing" a CCW holder from entering, is in the form of the size of the penalty if caught. Just like murder can not be prevented, except by the penalty when caught.
A CCW is not invisible, just not obvious. A trained eye will catch many of them in a day's time. A trained, liberal eye could seriously ruin your day, as you violate his rights. His vindictive streak could seriously cost you.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
These guys are Dumb Asses. Bad PR for our side.

"A wise tiger keeps his claws concealed."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve often wondered if guys who open carry do so because they couldn’t pass the CCW background check.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They've officially joined the other side.

They've signed on with Michael Bloomberg's gun-grabbing EveryTown USA:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could see this

Originally Posted by 16bore
I’ve often wondered if guys who open carry do so because they couldn’t pass the CCW background check.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I could see this

Just about everywhere, if you can't pass a CCW background check you can't own a firearm. How does open carrying make sense if you're a prohibited person?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I could see this

Just about everywhere, if you can't pass a CCW background check you can't own a firearm. How does open carrying make sense if you're a prohibited person?

Maybe the CCW & 4473 should be one stop shopping then. I thought CCW definitely put you on a “list” of sorts.

I was thinking a guy buys a pistol with no priors, then has a little trouble smoking weed, now he can’t buy another firearm. Or is he not allowed to own one now?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We bought a Costco membership this summer. I've been to 3 different stores. Not seen a "no guns" posting yet, and Illinois is strict about what the sign looks like and where it must be posted.

Agree that most open carriers are morons.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The main issue here is based in jurisdiction. What no one seems to know these days, (but is WELL established in law) is that corporations are in partnership with any state that give them the corporate status and charter.
The very word "Incorporation" is translatable as "Creation of the State"

This is THE reason we see religious freedom "taken" from the Boy Scouts, bakeries that do not want to make cakes for queers, forced integration of supposedly exclusive groups, and even trans-sexual restrooms.

Once a person or company incorporates, they waive ALL their individual rights and are then agreeing to the rules that govern the state and exchange rights for privileges. In all bodies of law, the creator can regular the creation. So if the state can't fire or can't refuse to hire someone for being queer, neither can a "church", if that church accepts the corporate charter and status. If however they have not taken the incorporation contract they maintain 100% of their rights under the 1st Amendment.

Why is that so important to those of us who want to stand up for 2nd Amendment rights?

Because the corporation can not stand on "private property rights" if they are now a creation of the state, Such a policy is not any different then saying "No Jews" No Blacks or "No Women.

Once you understand this basic foundation of law you can pull the anti-gun policies of any incorporated business backwards through a knot-hole in court , and FORCE the issue forward. The 2nd Amendment is in the Same Bill of Rights as the 1st Amendment ---- so you can say "no guns" as soon as you can lawfully say "No blacks" or No Jews". That would be..................NEVER!!!!!!

If you were to be told to leave a home because you carry a gun, that would be a legal decision from the home owner because HE has rights to HIS OWN Property. You have only privileges to be there and he can resend or revoke that privilege at any time for any reason, or for no reason. He has that RIGHT!
Incorporations ARE NOT PRIVATE PROPERTY but are in fact State jurisdictions (creations of the state) and cannot lawfully deny queers, women blacks Jews Catholics or gun owner/bearers.

The very reason that so many freedoms have been done away with in the USA is from people not understanding the connection of jurisdictions between the states, the Feds and what is private. Giving up your freedoms through a contract means you must abide by the contarct and your "freedoms" are not free anymore, but are at that point privileges granted or retracted by the State.

But in this case, the gun owners and carriers are also protected by the same anti-discrimination statutes as any other group.
We need to understand this...........and start using it in out legal fights.

Last edited by szihn; 09/10/19.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Open carry in general makes no sense. Concealed carry does. Alarms no one and puts you at the advantage. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I could see this

Maybe the CCW & 4473 should be one stop shopping then. I thought CCW definitely put you on a “list” of sorts.

I was thinking a guy buys a pistol with no priors, then has a little trouble smoking weed, now he can’t buy another firearm. Or is he not allowed to own one now?

16B,

I'm just arguing the general case, not anything specific. In shall issues states, the general rule is if you can pass the 4473 background check you can get a permit, providing you pay your money to the trainer and again to the legal government authority.

If you can't pass that check, it makes no sense to me someone would open carry in Walmart advertising to the world they are in possession of a firearm.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/10/19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roger that.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

299 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 25 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.