Home
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...yXJ94g6AkllbYJciJh9PSVYg6vyJak7eUtRM6vtE

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.

“They are ducking the issue,” Amad told the Times. “They are trying to get the gun haters to leave them alone, while at the same time leave us alone when we carry in their stores.”

Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told the Times that company employees are instructed not to obstruct peaceful shoppers from openly carrying guns. But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.

Walmart’s decision to ask gun owners not to openly carry firearms into its stores came after an August shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, left 22 dead.

The decision stopped short of an outright ban on guns in stores and represents a similar approach to those taken by other retailers, including Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Target and Starbucks.

Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.

Stores can legally restrict the carrying of guns on to their private property.
activists? more like MORONS.
Nevertheless, they ARE pushing back against Walmarts "request", which did not carry the force of law. Either Walmart can post the legal signage banning open carry, or they really didn't mean it when they asked patrons not to open carry. It would appear, currently, that Walmart pulled a head fake that is pissing off the communists.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.
Anti-gunners will be there shortly and vocally yell they "feel unsafe"... Just watch..

Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.
I don't spend a dime there either.. They can KMRRA.

Yes they can - and those of us who may carry will tell them exactly WHY we will be shopping elsewhere..

Eff 'em..
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Those guys don't do the rest of us any favors. They come across as loons, and that's what the fence sitters see.
I'm not sure where to buy all my plastic chinese trinkets now, like the velcro to the dash LED clocks that fall on the floor constantly then quit working a week later.
Nevertheless, they ARE pushing back against Walmarts "request", which did not carry the force of law. Either Walmart can post the legal signage banning open carry, or they really didn't mean it when they asked patrons not to open carry. It would appear, currently, that Walmart pulled a head fake that is pissing off the communists.

As I said in another post, I don't believe Walmart has any intention nor the lunacy of posting a 30.07 sign on the door of any Texas store.
My stepson open carries in our Walmart because he hadn't heard otherwise, and no one has said a thing to him.
I’ve seen some of the yahoo’s that open carry in our state and I have my safety clicked off. Eventually a CC holder will blast one of them because many open carry types are uncouth and threatening.

I feel whether we like it or not a business can make their own decisions whether its open carry or making wedding cakes for unnatural sexuals

Don’t shop there if you don’t like it.
"But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe."

WTF does "feel unsafe" mean? it's a total BS snowflake term that seems to make idiots feel powerful.

I have the right to be offensive. You even have the right to be offended. You do not have the right to NOT be offended. GFY snowflake.
Thats BS, I feel more comfortable on the battlefield than around some of these open carry clowns.

And I have twenty plus years of scars and medals to prove I ain’t a snowflake.

You have the right to be offensive on your property ONLY

The best defense is not to offend
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm not sure where to buy all my plastic chinese trinkets now, like the velcro to the dash LED clocks that fall on the floor constantly then quit working a week later.

600 billion dollars of trinkets per year
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’ve seen some of the yahoo’s that open carry in our state and I have my safety clicked off. Eventually a CC holder will blast one of them because many open carry types are uncouth and threatening.

I feel whether we like it or not a business can make their own decisions whether its open carry or making wedding cakes for unnatural sexuals

Don’t shop there if you don’t like it.

Your screen Name says it all.

That right there says it all..........private property rights. I'll bet that those of you who get your panties all in wad when someone trespasses on your land, or someone complains about what you're doing on your property, will be the first to say you're just upholding your private property rights.....................................which is just exactly what Walmart is doing.

Personally, I could care less if Walmart does not want people open carrying, because I happen to believe that open carrying in public is for the most part one of the dumbest things ever. I cannot say that I've ever seen a well dressed, clean cut, looking person carrying openly. Instead, it's some idiot with a $139 Hi-Point, in a $5.99 Uncle Mikes holster, wearing a tee shirt that says "The Only Way You'll Get My Gun Is To Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hands", with tattoos all over them, a big azz wallet chained to their belt, and looking around to see who's noticing them.

Walmart has not banned people carrying, you can still do so concealed. If they don't want you carrying openly, then don't. It is there right to tell you not to. If you don't like it, then shop somewhere else.
Now also Albertsons and Fred Meyer.

Walmart is dead to me anyway, for reasons including and beyond gun rights. But if they are asking people to conceal their guns when there, doing other than that is just boneheaded and provoking. It ain't helping anything, except maybe someone's fragile ego.
They're not telling you not to, they're telling you they would prefer you don't. That's fence-sitting BS trying to preserve their market share.

And Loco, my issue is the "feel unsafe". Just because you feel unsafe does not mean you are unsafe. As I said, it's a BS snowflake way of imposing your values on someone else. Your feeeeewings are no one's business but your own.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Those guys don't do the rest of us any favors. They come across as loons, and that's what the fence sitters see.

Exactly.... The more kook-fringe-like we act, the more we lose....
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I cannot say that I've ever seen a well dressed, clean cut, looking person carrying openly. Instead, it's some idiot with a $139 Hi-Point, in a $5.99 Uncle Mikes holster, wearing a tee shirt that says "The Only Way You'll Get My Gun Is To Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hands", with tattoos all over them, a big azz wallet chained to their belt, and looking around to see who's noticing them.

That right there is a pretty broad brush. I see plenty of them who look absolutely normal. Says more about your AO than open carry generally.

Other than that - I agree with you.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
They're not telling you not to, they're telling you they would prefer you don't. That's fence-sitting BS trying to preserve their market share.

Again....Walmart = dead to me. But it could also be about mitigating liability, in both directions.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I cannot say that I've ever seen a well dressed, clean cut, looking person carrying openly. Instead, it's some idiot with a $139 Hi-Point, in a $5.99 Uncle Mikes holster, wearing a tee shirt that says "The Only Way You'll Get My Gun Is To Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hands", with tattoos all over them, a big azz wallet chained to their belt, and looking around to see who's noticing them.

That right there is a pretty broad brush. I see plenty of them who look absolutely normal. Says more about your AO than open carry generally.

Other than that - I agree with you.

A few months ago there was a hot 30-ish Hispanic woman open-carrying in my Walmart, dressed in tight khaki pants, high heels, blue shirt tucked in, a nice looking 1911-style pistol in a leather holster. I didn't see a badge on her belt, but she was getting lots of looks from the menfolk!! LoLoL!!!

Stores cannot "prevent" anyone from bringing concealed firearms into their stores.
It’s a reverse Gay Pride Parade. These dipschits need to use their heads. Walmart can manage their property as they see fit. Period.

We had about 30 such dumbasses standing at an intersection outside a gunshow strapped to the hilt with AR’s, AK’s, rebel flags, and whatever else tacticool crap they could find trying to act like they were saving the 2A.

Stupid.
[quote=16bore]It’s a reverse Gay Pride Parade [quote]

Interesting analogy. Think about the relative trajectories of gay rights and gun rights today. Personally I think OC in town is stupid, but I'm not going to hammer someone for exercising their God given rights.

Amen!
Originally Posted by efw

Amen!

Could not agree more. Hasbeen
i think i posted this before, but here goes.
couple of weeks ago waiting by the little food court for my wife to run through the checkout, i see this van dike bearded skinny human sitting with his 400pound significant other munching pizza. and i immediately notice the handgun in a kydex quick draw type of holster he was packing. I have to use one of those electric carts, legs don't work right, but i cruised right by him two or three times, would have been real easy to get that gun.

Which makes me question the sanity of carrying like that.
There is no question I carry concealed, and it only takes a fraction of a second for these Yahoos to get the jump on folk. I watch weekly as camo and/or vest clad tacticool “heros” with bandanas, sheepdog hats, boots, and the like go in grocery stores and such bouncing around like they are somebody. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then you have it good. Its just a matter of time before one of them gets shot. I applaud the policy against open carry in these type places and I do wish they would impose it instead of fence sit.

Seems like folk can’t seem to run down the middle no more, they have to swing way too far one way or another for attention.
Originally Posted by RufusG
[quote=16bore]It’s a reverse Gay Pride Parade [quote]

Interesting analogy. Think about the relative trajectories of gay rights and gun rights today. Personally I think OC in town is stupid, but I'm not going to hammer someone for exercising their God given rights.

And that would apply to both groups, but either see it that way.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Stores cannot "prevent" anyone from bringing concealed firearms into their stores.

Yes, they bloody well can. Any business has the right to restrict carry in thier establishment. The posting of a 30.06 or 30.07 sign has the force of law here. If I carry concealed into a posted establishment, and I am caught doing so, there is no asking me to leave and a trespass charge if I refuse. Here, if that store owner choses, he can have me arrested. If i run into a liberal or Democrat owner with an ax to grind, he can have me jailed.
It is not illegal if I'm caught, it's illegal weither or not I'm caught, but if caught, the penalty can be severe. Most stores would let it slide, as long as you leave, but there are no guarantees.
"Preventing" a CCW holder from entering, is in the form of the size of the penalty if caught. Just like murder can not be prevented, except by the penalty when caught.
A CCW is not invisible, just not obvious. A trained eye will catch many of them in a day's time. A trained, liberal eye could seriously ruin your day, as you violate his rights. His vindictive streak could seriously cost you.
These guys are Dumb Asses. Bad PR for our side.

"A wise tiger keeps his claws concealed."
I’ve often wondered if guys who open carry do so because they couldn’t pass the CCW background check.
They've officially joined the other side.

They've signed on with Michael Bloomberg's gun-grabbing EveryTown USA:

I could see this

Originally Posted by 16bore
I’ve often wondered if guys who open carry do so because they couldn’t pass the CCW background check.
I could see this

Just about everywhere, if you can't pass a CCW background check you can't own a firearm. How does open carrying make sense if you're a prohibited person?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I could see this

Just about everywhere, if you can't pass a CCW background check you can't own a firearm. How does open carrying make sense if you're a prohibited person?

Maybe the CCW & 4473 should be one stop shopping then. I thought CCW definitely put you on a “list” of sorts.

I was thinking a guy buys a pistol with no priors, then has a little trouble smoking weed, now he can’t buy another firearm. Or is he not allowed to own one now?
We bought a Costco membership this summer. I've been to 3 different stores. Not seen a "no guns" posting yet, and Illinois is strict about what the sign looks like and where it must be posted.

Agree that most open carriers are morons.
The main issue here is based in jurisdiction. What no one seems to know these days, (but is WELL established in law) is that corporations are in partnership with any state that give them the corporate status and charter.
The very word "Incorporation" is translatable as "Creation of the State"

This is THE reason we see religious freedom "taken" from the Boy Scouts, bakeries that do not want to make cakes for queers, forced integration of supposedly exclusive groups, and even trans-sexual restrooms.

Once a person or company incorporates, they waive ALL their individual rights and are then agreeing to the rules that govern the state and exchange rights for privileges. In all bodies of law, the creator can regular the creation. So if the state can't fire or can't refuse to hire someone for being queer, neither can a "church", if that church accepts the corporate charter and status. If however they have not taken the incorporation contract they maintain 100% of their rights under the 1st Amendment.

Why is that so important to those of us who want to stand up for 2nd Amendment rights?

Because the corporation can not stand on "private property rights" if they are now a creation of the state, Such a policy is not any different then saying "No Jews" No Blacks or "No Women.

Once you understand this basic foundation of law you can pull the anti-gun policies of any incorporated business backwards through a knot-hole in court , and FORCE the issue forward. The 2nd Amendment is in the Same Bill of Rights as the 1st Amendment ---- so you can say "no guns" as soon as you can lawfully say "No blacks" or No Jews". That would be..................NEVER!!!!!!

If you were to be told to leave a home because you carry a gun, that would be a legal decision from the home owner because HE has rights to HIS OWN Property. You have only privileges to be there and he can resend or revoke that privilege at any time for any reason, or for no reason. He has that RIGHT!
Incorporations ARE NOT PRIVATE PROPERTY but are in fact State jurisdictions (creations of the state) and cannot lawfully deny queers, women blacks Jews Catholics or gun owner/bearers.

The very reason that so many freedoms have been done away with in the USA is from people not understanding the connection of jurisdictions between the states, the Feds and what is private. Giving up your freedoms through a contract means you must abide by the contarct and your "freedoms" are not free anymore, but are at that point privileges granted or retracted by the State.

But in this case, the gun owners and carriers are also protected by the same anti-discrimination statutes as any other group.
We need to understand this...........and start using it in out legal fights.

Open carry in general makes no sense. Concealed carry does. Alarms no one and puts you at the advantage. GW
I could see this

Maybe the CCW & 4473 should be one stop shopping then. I thought CCW definitely put you on a “list” of sorts.

I was thinking a guy buys a pistol with no priors, then has a little trouble smoking weed, now he can’t buy another firearm. Or is he not allowed to own one now?

16B,

I'm just arguing the general case, not anything specific. In shall issues states, the general rule is if you can pass the 4473 background check you can get a permit, providing you pay your money to the trainer and again to the legal government authority.

If you can't pass that check, it makes no sense to me someone would open carry in Walmart advertising to the world they are in possession of a firearm.
Roger that.

Open carry might be a "kook fringe" thing there but it certainly isn't everywhere. Or at least it didn't used to be. When I was in Montana in 1992 there were people open carrying everywhere. They sure didn't look like freaks to me either. They were dressed pretty much like the majority, which is to say blue jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hats. Open carry wasn't reserved just for out of town or podunk little towns either. I saw many open carrying in the mall in Kalispell every time I went. Nobody paid any mind to it as far as I could tell, just business as usual. In the small town in rural upstate NY where I grew up, it was common to see kids carrying rifles and shotguns through town on their way to go hunting. Often even groups of kids {and I was often one of them} and nobody paid any mind to it, including the police. The parking lot at my old high school was filled with pickups that had guns plainly on display in rear window racks every day and nobody freaked . Today that kind of thing would have a SWAT team on the scene so fast it would make your head spin. I say all this just to get around to this.....We have done ourselves a great disservice over the years by hiding guns from public view. Doing so just makes them seem out of the ordinary, illegitimate, mysterious, dangerous and maybe even illegal and immoral to the non shooting public. That's quite a pity really.

16B,

I'm just arguing the general case, not anything specific. In shall issues states, the general rule is if you can pass the 4473 background check you can get a permit, providing you pay your money to the trainer and again to the legal government authority.

If you can't pass that check, it makes no sense to me someone would open carry in Walmart advertising to the world they are in possession of a firearm.

Nebraska is a shall issue state, but just because you may fool a background check on a 4473 doesn’t mean you are going to get a CHP. Don’t think a 4473 requires fingerprints. Plus there are a dozen other grounds for disqualification, but those show up on the fingerprints.

Completed, signed and notarized application form
Proof of training - Original or certified copy of Certificate of Completion of a Handgun Training and Safety Course approved by the Nebraska State Patrol
Proof of vision - only needed if presenting a state issued ID card
Proof of identification - Current NE driver's license, NE state issued ID or current military ID
Proof of citizenship - Certified state issued birth certificate, naturalization papers, certificate of citizenship from immigration authorities or a current or expired US passport
Please note: If the name listed on the application does not match the name on the proof of citizenship provided, legal documentation showing name change (such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order) may be required.
Proof of address - (the address on the application must match the provided documentation) Current NE driver's license or NE state issued ID, active military duty station orders, or one of the following items: utility bill, bank statement, valid Nebraska vehicle registration, Nebraska voter registration card, pay stub or earnings statement, mortgage or lease agreement or tax documents issued at least 180 days prior to application date
Applicable Fee - $100.00, cash or check only
Fingerprints and Photographs taken at the time of application submittal
Originally Posted by Swifty52

16B,

Nebraska is a shall issue state, but just because you may fool a background check on a 4473 doesn’t mean you are going to get a CHP. Don’t think a 4473 requires fingerprints. Plus there are a dozen other grounds for disqualification, but those show up on the fingerprints.

Completed, signed and notarized application form
Proof of training - Original or certified copy of Certificate of Completion of a Handgun Training and Safety Course approved by the Nebraska State Patrol
Proof of vision - only needed if presenting a state issued ID card
Proof of identification - Current NE driver's license, NE state issued ID or current military ID
Proof of citizenship - Certified state issued birth certificate, naturalization papers, certificate of citizenship from immigration authorities or a current or expired US passport
Please note: If the name listed on the application does not match the name on the proof of citizenship provided, legal documentation showing name change (such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order) may be required.
Proof of address - (the address on the application must match the provided documentation) Current NE driver's license or NE state issued ID, active military duty station orders, or one of the following items: utility bill, bank statement, valid Nebraska vehicle registration, Nebraska voter registration card, pay stub or earnings statement, mortgage or lease agreement or tax documents issued at least 180 days prior to application date
Applicable Fee - $100.00, cash or check only
Fingerprints and Photographs taken at the time of application submittal
Huh, no blood, urine, stool or semen samples ? Sure ain't no "infinging" on the RIGHT of the people to keep and "BEAR" arms going on there.

Many are loons, sorry to say, and they make us all look like loons.

Yep.

In TX, which is the place the OP mentions this group is doing this, you must have a LTC or License To Carry, to carry both openly or concealed.
So yes, they had to pass a extensive background check here to carry openly.

Of course, in other states that have Constitutional Carry, I’m sure there’s more than a few carrying that might not be able to pass a background check.

Personally, I don’t EVER open carry in public.

The ONLY time I ever open carry is when I’m working or hunting around the Ranch on property I own.
don't bring your guns to town son, leave your guns at home.

we're just becoming too civilized to openly show weaponry.

it's just another item that's not as pc as it used to be.

car jackers in hotlanta don't mind openly showing.
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

How much of that is being "too civilized", and how much is too much Nanny State?
I don’t know if I consider “keep” and “bear” arms and CCW one in the same. But also don’t hear much about people crying the blues when they apply for CCW. It’s certianly a more intensive process.

So....why not replace the 4473 with it? Not only can you purchase the thing, you can load it, shove it in your back pocket, and walk out of the store.
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

How much of that is being "too civilized", and how much is too much Nanny State?

my minority position is that one can carry anyway one so chooses, and please no tax or license required from the Nanny State.

but, as a left hander i know all about being in the minority, and how the majority always rules. (it's written right there in the rules.)

i've often seen open carry by a dude with another dude who is shopping for food at a food store. i guess it was a parole officer with a client.

i think we're dealing with public opinion, overall goodwill, and shifting mores' that is, our culture is shifting.

i know constitutional freedom didn't exist on us military bases in the early 70's, not even in freedom loving texasas.

get caught with a gun not stowed correctly, and chit creek would be the next stop.

that is, we've been moving in this direction a long long time, thanks to many gun owners support.

now, we're seeing more and more overt aspects of guns being person non grata. and so it is.
Lots of folks around here OC, lots of them ranch folks, Wranglers, boots, cowboy hat and most likely a 1911 in a leather holster. I mean real ranch folks, not your urban cowboy type.

I think OC has been the norm around here for a long time and probably wont change anytime soon.
I don't get how you can call Texas "a freedom loving state" when you have to have a license to carry open or concealed, yet the so called "Liberal, New England Yankee States" of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are constitutional carry.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't get how you can call Texas "a freedom loving state" when you have to have a license to carry open or concealed, yet the so called "Liberal, New England yankee States" of Vermont and Maine are constitutional carry.

well there is that. but some say texas is turning blue, and some say it's not. so opinions are with us.

the leaders in my company at the hood, was one from calif. & one from alabama. liberals both.

ol bernie has a tight rope to walk. maybe why he's declining a bit in the polls, i don't know.

the gov't is pervasive. it represents us the taxpayers who work and pay taxes.

it represents a lot of folks who don't work, nor pay taxes. so it's inclusive?

around most towns, policemen use to tote blackjacks. pretty effective.

but, times change. state by state, community by community.
Almost seems like some of those Liberal New England Yankees are more "freedom loving" than Texans.
Rarely, I run across somebody open carrying in a store . No one acts any differently .
Almost seems like some of those Liberal New England Yankees are more "freedom loving" than Texans.

like many states, texas has some pretty big urban centers: ft.worth-dallas, austin, houston, san antonio, others i'm sure.

i do believe texas is a bell-weather state. we know the flag is whipping in the wind.

look at castro and the dude from el paso. they're pointing the way from texas.

both running on far-left agenda's. who could have thought?

and in georgia, demo's in the hunt for a us senate seat.

gun owners who bow down to this trash says ok?
Since Open Carry became legal in TX 2 or 3 years ago, I can count the number of folks I’ve seen doing it on both hands.

It is VERY unlikely to see someone here doing it. And I live in a mostly rural area that is mostly farming and ranching country. And Very Conservative. And Very Republican.

And ALL OF THEM, have been the “please notice me” bubba types.

The wise folk here carry concealed.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Since Open Carry became legal in TX 2 or 3 years ago, I can count the number of folks I’ve seen doing it on both hands.

It is VERY unlikely to see someone here doing it. And I live in a mostly rural area that is mostly farming and ranching country. And Very Conservative. And Very Republican.

2-3 years ago? Open carry has been legal here since the 60’s. Concealed has only been around since 2005. Used to carry a 41 mag Blackhawk in a western rig while hunting all the time in the mid 70’s. Graduated to a GP100 in the late 80’s then to a 1911 in the mid 90’s. Still carry that 1911 plus a couple others today but concealed. The fewer that know, the better off I am.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

2-3 years ago? Open carry has been legal here since the 60’s. Concealed has only been around since 2005. Used to carry a 41 mag Blackhawk in a western rig while hunting all the time in the mid 70’s. Graduated to a GP100 in the late 80’s then to a 1911 in the mid 90’s. Still carry that 1911 plus a couple others today but concealed. The fewer that know, the better off I am.

BULLSCHITT. Open Carry in TEXAS hasn’t been legal since the 1890’s, until the new law passed a couple of years ago, when we amended our Concealed Carry Law to include Open Carry with a LICENSE.

The only exception was while hunting or fishing or shooting at a Range.
It wasn’t legal in Walmart or any public store. NOT IN TEXAS Period.

And that’s what this thread is about.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150529/texas-passes-nra-backed-open-carry-legislation
I ain’t from Texass, I am from Nebraska, and yes open carry was the norm here until 2005.
We fought for decades to get Concealed Carry, so why are these guys upset? I'd much rather have a weapon that the bad guys can't see until they are looking down my barrel.
if trump would just ban bump stocks we'd all be safe.
Originally Posted by reivertom
We fought for decades to get Concealed Carry, so why are these guys upset? I'd much rather have a weapon that the bad guys can't see until they are looking down my barrel.

ok. so we are gaming now. and that's your choice, and i'm not sayin' it's a bad one.

but is it the only option? ya wanna rule out everything else?

we know that open carry is somewhat persona non grata.

i never fought for concealed carry, a tax & a license.

but people are free to choose, and i'm good w/that.
Your open carrying in Walmart so I've got all this started anyway bad plan
Pretty damn blue in my area of southern Wisconsin and I’ve seen 2 people open carrying this week. It’s not uncommon at all in this town. For the most part nobody GAF.

It’s the retreads that open carry in groups and/or walk around with rifles that really do the most harm.
It’s the retreads that open carry in groups and/or walk around with rifles that really do the most harm.

Even during deer season, or just at gun shows?

Yup. That's doing nothing but pokin' the bear and asking for trouble.

Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Lots of folks around here OC, lots of them ranch folks, Wranglers, boots, cowboy hat and most likely a 1911 in a leather holster. I mean real ranch folks, not your urban cowboy type.

I think OC has been the norm around here for a long time and probably wont change anytime soon.

I don't see that as a problem if that's part of the cultural make-up of the area. It's common along the road system in Alaska outside L48er-infested urban areas. The problem is most of the nation has been systematically pussified and sterilized from reality and they become problems for us when we do normal things that they've been indoctrinated against.
Originally Posted by Gus

ok. so we are gaming now. and that's your choice, and i'm not sayin' it's a bad one.

Nobody’s gaming Gus, we had to fight for 10 years to get a concealed carry law passed. We are and always were an open carry state. Caused a lot of ominous looks when walking into a store with a gun in plain view. Under certain circumstances you might have got off for carrying concealed under the prudent man theory, but it was an expensive proposition. Right now I am good to carry without you knowing it in 38 states which is cool. Here if you want to carry an AR and a couple handguns in the open it’s perfectly legal, just like it’s perfectly legal for you to look like an idiot doing so.
Originally Posted by Gus

Nobody’s gaming Gus, we had to fight for 10 years to get a concealed carry law passed. We are and always were an open carry state. Caused a lot of ominous looks when walking into a store with a gun in plain view. Under certain circumstances you might have got off for carrying concealed under the prudent man theory, but it was an expensive proposition. Right now I am good to carry without you knowing it in 38 states which is cool. Here if you want to carry an AR and a couple handguns in the open it’s perfectly legal, just like it’s perfectly legal for you to look like an idiot doing so.

what does the "majority" of the culture want us to do? i say let's understand the need and comply.

that's where we are once again with feeling. pay the license tax, and feel free to serve.

maybe we should just leave our guns at home, and be at one with the culture?
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

what does the "majority" of the culture want us to do? i say let's understand the need and comply.

that's where we are once again with feeling. pay the license tax, and feel free to serve.

And when the majority of the culture just wants you, and those like you to die, are you just going to "understand the need and comply."?
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

And when the majority of the culture just wants you, and those like you to die, are you just going to "understand the need and comply."?

according to an large amount of the rank & file of so-called gun-toters, that's exactly the plan, and direction to which we are heading.

but the culture rules all. it's a given. they've already got a ton of support from the licensed gun-toters who travel with us.

i mean, let's get real: do the work, buy the license, and pay the tax, and hide the gun. makes perfect sense actually.

please don't think about hiding the gun without a license. but to show the gun is obviously an arrogant, & offensive act.

the culture is asking us respectfully to become more pc, and licensed gun-toters are complying hand over fist.

some think we should just begin leaving our guns at home, given all the good they do? but, is that true?
Gus, I don’t give a damn. I carry every day, all day. When the pants go on so does a gun, when the pants come off so does the gun. The license or tax as you put it just allows me to do the same thing in 38 states as what I do at home. If I want to conceal then I conceal. If I don’t, then I don’t. My choice and mostly I choose to just not let any Tom, Dick and Harry know what I have or don’t have.
Gus, I don’t give a damn. I carry every day, all day. When the pants go on so does a gun, when the pants come off so does the gun. The license or tax as you put it just allows me to do the same thing in 38 states as what I do at home. If I want to conceal then I conceal. If I don’t, then I don’t. My choice and mostly I choose to just not let any Tom, Dick and Harry know what I have or don’t have.

i have no problem with your decisioning dear friend.

i wish you and yours well.

i'm hopeful you can wish me the same.
I’d say the “majority of the culture” just doesn’t want to be confronted, intimidated, or antagonized by a bunch of flamers who feel they’re entitled to do so.

It’s that simple.

birdwatcher is that you?
Originally Posted by watch4bear

birdwatcher is that you?

nah. and i understand the shifts occurring in the culture.

the gun-toters w/licensing given taxes paid are adjusting very well.

why bother to pay a tax to conceal a hidden gun? just leave it at home?
Except for the peacock factor, why would anyone want to carry openly?

P

Open Carry is legal in Texas, like it or not.
Hard to believe the number of folks who WANT a license to excercise their RIGHT to bear arms.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
P

Certainly not me.

P

a very fair question.

peacocks that have beautiful plumage are male?

why would anyone want to pay a tax and gain a license to carry concealed?

well, i guess if the license is cheap enough in the given economy it'd be ok.

who sets licensing fees, and how are they arranged for the rank & file?

what should the hoops be for a reasonable license be, at a fair cost? careful here.

P

If you want to carry a full size gun and not have to change the way you dress in the summer would be a good reason.
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

P

If you want to carry a full size gun and not have to change the way you dress in the summer would be a good reason.

Thanks. That makes sense.
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by watch4bear

birdwatcher is that you?

nah. and i understand the shifts occurring in the culture.

the gun-toters w/licensing given taxes paid are adjusting very well.

why bother to pay a tax to conceal a hidden gun? just leave it at home?

Well damn Gus, I guess it’s the same reasoning as people that want to pay a tax and carry a license to use a can. Or the person that wants to pay a tax and have a license to own a firearm with a fun switch. They have all seemed to adjusted very well.

I second that motion. Cheers NC
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...yXJ94g6AkllbYJciJh9PSVYg6vyJak7eUtRM6vtE

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

And a LOT of people think Costco is the cats A$$ anytime there is a Walmart discussion.

P

Shorts and a tee makes it difficult to conceal so I don’t try, if it shows, it shows, I don’t give a shcit what others think.

Winter it’s easy, heavy coat/jacket and untucked flannel, but I still don’t give a shcit what others think.

I find it comical when I see a guy carrying concealed, or he thinks he is concealed, when his gun sticks out like a sore dick.

Open carry might be a "kook fringe" thing there but it certainly isn't everywhere. Or at least it didn't used to be. When I was in Montana in 1992 there were people open carrying everywhere. They sure didn't look like freaks to me either. They were dressed pretty much like the majority, which is to say blue jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hats. Open carry wasn't reserved just for out of town or podunk little towns either. I saw many open carrying in the mall in Kalispell every time I went. Nobody paid any mind to it as far as I could tell, just business as usual. In the small town in rural upstate NY where I grew up, it was common to see kids carrying rifles and shotguns through town on their way to go hunting. Often even groups of kids {and I was often one of them} and nobody paid any mind to it, including the police. The parking lot at my old high school was filled with pickups that had guns plainly on display in rear window racks every day and nobody freaked . Today that kind of thing would have a SWAT team on the scene so fast it would make your head spin. I say all this just to get around to this.....We have done ourselves a great disservice over the years by hiding guns from public view. Doing so just makes them seem out of the ordinary, illegitimate, mysterious, dangerous and maybe even illegal and immoral to the non shooting public. That's quite a pity really.

Definitively a function of geography, but if a store "requests" it, one either complies or goes somewhere else. In Georgia for example, open carry is legal and in small towns, I'm sure it's not an issue, but do it near say Atlanta or any other big city and it;s counter-productive. In my view anyway.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Sure, but there is a component in life called judgment and common sense, which to me means, open carry in Brackettville is fine, but not in Highland Park in Dallas...
Originally Posted by steve4102

P

Shorts and a tee makes it difficult to conceal so I don’t try, if it shows, it shows, I don’t give a shcit what others think.

Winter it’s easy, heavy coat/jacket and untucked flannel, but I still don’t give a shcit what others think.

I find it comical when I see a guy carrying concealed, or he thinks he is concealed, when his gun sticks out like a sore dick.

Well, is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to me see.

BINGO!!!!!!!
Wonder what would happen if a store "requested" that trannies used their birth sex restroom.
idiots

This.................does not help us in any way, other than making them feel good at the moment.

Need to pick the battles & use a better strategy.

MM
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Open carry in general makes no sense. Concealed carry does. Alarms no one and puts you at the advantage. GW
Agree. Why make yourself the first target in an incident? The attacker usually has the advantage of the first shot. I open carry in a belt holster at the farm, in a boat, and in the woods where the target would most likely be an animal, but use CC in town to not draw attention.
Pretty damn blue in my area of southern Wisconsin and I’ve seen 2 people open carrying this week. It’s not uncommon at all in this town. For the most part nobody GAF.

The governor who twice vetoed CCW in Wisconsin used open carry as an excuse, and publicly suggested for citizens to open carry.
And then the cops in Madison and Milwaukee openly arrested those who chose to do so.
Originally Posted by johnw

The governor who twice vetoed CCW in Wisconsin used open carry as an excuse, and publicly suggested for citizens to open carry.
And then the cops in Madison and Milwaukee openly arrested those who chose to do so.

Oh, don't be too hard on The Cops, they were just following orders, even though they knew the order was illegal.

Give the poor guys a break.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/y17/steve4102/.highres/printing-1%201_zpsvbuqlm56.jpg
i was in walmart today, just walking, looking, not carrying of course because that's not pc.

not many shoppers as i expected, but none were openly carrying that i saw.

i did see a few red-haired african americans, but they weren't a threat.

a few others with scarves over their head to block the sun?

any ways, life without open or concealed carry will go on.

just leave yours guns at home boys, don't take your guns to town.
So you chickened out, too damn scared you might pay a tax for a CCW, too damned scared to open carry. Feel sorry for you bud as you seem to have bowed down and pledged allegiance to king Obambam and Queen Pelosi. You are just exactly what they were hoping for. Pity it is.

Sure, but there is a component in life called judgment and common sense, which to me means, open carry in Brackettville is fine, but not in Highland Park in Dallas...

Cannot disagree with you. I feel the same.

Before open carry was legal, we went into town to eat from the ranch. I was packing my sidearm as I do in any hunting venue & honestly forgot about it.. When we sat down & I peeled off my coat, right adjacent to the Deputy Sheriff who was eating there, he eased over to me very inconspicuously & whispered to me to go put my gun in the car. That was the end of it. It was in the Hill Country. Would have been a different scenario elsewhere as you cited.
Originally Posted by Gus

Aint happenin'. I'm not a liberal snowflake intimidated by other's dramatic unfounded emotional fears.
Not helpful. Could result in them banning concealed carry as well, which, around here anyway, is their right as property owners.
Originally Posted by johnw

Milwaukee and Madison are different and that was what 10 years ago?

I’m in Janesville and I’ve never heard of an issue with cops and people carrying or having a gun in a vehicle here.
Originally Posted by Gus

Aint happenin'. I'm not a liberal snowflake intimidated by other's dramatic unfounded emotional fears.

So if a couple of liberal snowflake fellas started to make out in front of you and your kids, then you’ll be OK? “Interracial” couple shows up to your church and your OK with that too? Latino family moves in next door and hangs a Mexican flag on their mailbox, you’re OK with that?
we keep our drug stashes hidden, or are suppose to do so. guns are different though, but not according to many who own a few or more of them.

the police in and around atlanta become very disappointed with citizens who have guns without the necessary paperwork.

of course that paperwork is gov't based, showing a good citizen taking care of business.

dull matte black guns, or shiny chrome plated ones might not look good on a person.

but, if the law allows it, it's perfectly fine in my book. to hide a gun to please the public is just crazy talk. (they'd be even more pleased if they knew you didn't even own a gun).
© 24hourcampfire