Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...yXJ94g6AkllbYJciJh9PSVYg6vyJak7eUtRM6vtE

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.

“They are ducking the issue,” Amad told the Times. “They are trying to get the gun haters to leave them alone, while at the same time leave us alone when we carry in their stores.”

Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told the Times that company employees are instructed not to obstruct peaceful shoppers from openly carrying guns. But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.

Walmart’s decision to ask gun owners not to openly carry firearms into its stores came after an August shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, left 22 dead.

The decision stopped short of an outright ban on guns in stores and represents a similar approach to those taken by other retailers, including Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Target and Starbucks.

Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.

Stores can legally restrict the carrying of guns on to their private property.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
activists? more like MORONS.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nevertheless, they ARE pushing back against Walmarts "request", which did not carry the force of law. Either Walmart can post the legal signage banning open carry, or they really didn't mean it when they asked patrons not to open carry. It would appear, currently, that Walmart pulled a head fake that is pissing off the communists.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.
Anti-gunners will be there shortly and vocally yell they "feel unsafe"... Just watch..

Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.
I don't spend a dime there either.. They can KMRRA.

Yes they can - and those of us who may carry will tell them exactly WHY we will be shopping elsewhere..

Eff 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Those guys don't do the rest of us any favors. They come across as loons, and that's what the fence sitters see.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not sure where to buy all my plastic chinese trinkets now, like the velcro to the dash LED clocks that fall on the floor constantly then quit working a week later.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nevertheless, they ARE pushing back against Walmarts "request", which did not carry the force of law. Either Walmart can post the legal signage banning open carry, or they really didn't mean it when they asked patrons not to open carry. It would appear, currently, that Walmart pulled a head fake that is pissing off the communists.

As I said in another post, I don't believe Walmart has any intention nor the lunacy of posting a 30.07 sign on the door of any Texas store.

Last edited by Chisos; 09/10/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My stepson open carries in our Walmart because he hadn't heard otherwise, and no one has said a thing to him.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve seen some of the yahoo’s that open carry in our state and I have my safety clicked off. Eventually a CC holder will blast one of them because many open carry types are uncouth and threatening.

I feel whether we like it or not a business can make their own decisions whether its open carry or making wedding cakes for unnatural sexuals

Don’t shop there if you don’t like it.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/10/19.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
"But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe."

WTF does "feel unsafe" mean? it's a total BS snowflake term that seems to make idiots feel powerful.

I have the right to be offensive. You even have the right to be offended. You do not have the right to NOT be offended. GFY snowflake.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats BS, I feel more comfortable on the battlefield than around some of these open carry clowns.

And I have twenty plus years of scars and medals to prove I ain’t a snowflake.

You have the right to be offensive on your property ONLY

The best defense is not to offend

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/10/19.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm not sure where to buy all my plastic chinese trinkets now, like the velcro to the dash LED clocks that fall on the floor constantly then quit working a week later.

600 billion dollars of trinkets per year

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’ve seen some of the yahoo’s that open carry in our state and I have my safety clicked off. Eventually a CC holder will blast one of them because many open carry types are uncouth and threatening.

I feel whether we like it or not a business can make their own decisions whether its open carry or making wedding cakes for unnatural sexuals

Don’t shop there if you don’t like it.

Your screen Name says it all.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That right there says it all..........private property rights. I'll bet that those of you who get your panties all in wad when someone trespasses on your land, or someone complains about what you're doing on your property, will be the first to say you're just upholding your private property rights.....................................which is just exactly what Walmart is doing.

Personally, I could care less if Walmart does not want people open carrying, because I happen to believe that open carrying in public is for the most part one of the dumbest things ever. I cannot say that I've ever seen a well dressed, clean cut, looking person carrying openly. Instead, it's some idiot with a $139 Hi-Point, in a $5.99 Uncle Mikes holster, wearing a tee shirt that says "The Only Way You'll Get My Gun Is To Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hands", with tattoos all over them, a big azz wallet chained to their belt, and looking around to see who's noticing them.

Walmart has not banned people carrying, you can still do so concealed. If they don't want you carrying openly, then don't. It is there right to tell you not to. If you don't like it, then shop somewhere else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now also Albertsons and Fred Meyer.

Walmart is dead to me anyway, for reasons including and beyond gun rights. But if they are asking people to conceal their guns when there, doing other than that is just boneheaded and provoking. It ain't helping anything, except maybe someone's fragile ego.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They're not telling you not to, they're telling you they would prefer you don't. That's fence-sitting BS trying to preserve their market share.

And Loco, my issue is the "feel unsafe". Just because you feel unsafe does not mean you are unsafe. As I said, it's a BS snowflake way of imposing your values on someone else. Your feeeeewings are no one's business but your own.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Those guys don't do the rest of us any favors. They come across as loons, and that's what the fence sitters see.

Exactly.... The more kook-fringe-like we act, the more we lose....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I cannot say that I've ever seen a well dressed, clean cut, looking person carrying openly. Instead, it's some idiot with a $139 Hi-Point, in a $5.99 Uncle Mikes holster, wearing a tee shirt that says "The Only Way You'll Get My Gun Is To Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hands", with tattoos all over them, a big azz wallet chained to their belt, and looking around to see who's noticing them.

That right there is a pretty broad brush. I see plenty of them who look absolutely normal. Says more about your AO than open carry generally.

Other than that - I agree with you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
They're not telling you not to, they're telling you they would prefer you don't. That's fence-sitting BS trying to preserve their market share.

Again....Walmart = dead to me. But it could also be about mitigating liability, in both directions.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I cannot say that I've ever seen a well dressed, clean cut, looking person carrying openly. Instead, it's some idiot with a $139 Hi-Point, in a $5.99 Uncle Mikes holster, wearing a tee shirt that says "The Only Way You'll Get My Gun Is To Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hands", with tattoos all over them, a big azz wallet chained to their belt, and looking around to see who's noticing them.

That right there is a pretty broad brush. I see plenty of them who look absolutely normal. Says more about your AO than open carry generally.

Other than that - I agree with you.

A few months ago there was a hot 30-ish Hispanic woman open-carrying in my Walmart, dressed in tight khaki pants, high heels, blue shirt tucked in, a nice looking 1911-style pistol in a leather holster. I didn't see a badge on her belt, but she was getting lots of looks from the menfolk!! LoLoL!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,410 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.