Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Except for the peacock factor, why would anyone want to carry openly?
P

Certainly not me.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

P

a very fair question.

peacocks that have beautiful plumage are male?

why would anyone want to pay a tax and gain a license to carry concealed?

well, i guess if the license is cheap enough in the given economy it'd be ok.

who sets licensing fees, and how are they arranged for the rank & file?

what should the hoops be for a reasonable license be, at a fair cost? careful here.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

P

If you want to carry a full size gun and not have to change the way you dress in the summer would be a good reason.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

P

If you want to carry a full size gun and not have to change the way you dress in the summer would be a good reason.

Thanks. That makes sense.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by watch4bear
i'm hopeful you can wish me the same.

birdwatcher is that you?

nah. and i understand the shifts occurring in the culture.

the gun-toters w/licensing given taxes paid are adjusting very well.

why bother to pay a tax to conceal a hidden gun? just leave it at home?

Well damn Gus, I guess it’s the same reasoning as people that want to pay a tax and carry a license to use a can. Or the person that wants to pay a tax and have a license to own a firearm with a fun switch. They have all seemed to adjusted very well.

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
activists? more like MORONS.

I second that motion. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...yXJ94g6AkllbYJciJh9PSVYg6vyJak7eUtRM6vtE

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

Costco is the only retailer in the top 30 largest U.S. retailers to ban firearms, based on interviews conducted by The Hill last week.

Stores can legally restrict the carrying of guns on to their private property.

And a LOT of people think Costco is the cats A$$ anytime there is a Walmart discussion.

Dave

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

P

Shorts and a tee makes it difficult to conceal so I don’t try, if it shows, it shows, I don’t give a shcit what others think.

Winter it’s easy, heavy coat/jacket and untucked flannel, but I still don’t give a shcit what others think.

I find it comical when I see a guy carrying concealed, or he thinks he is concealed, when his gun sticks out like a sore dick.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Those guys don't do the rest of us any favors. They come across as loons, and that's what the fence sitters see.

Exactly.... The more kook-fringe-like we act, the more we lose....
Open carry might be a "kook fringe" thing there but it certainly isn't everywhere. Or at least it didn't used to be. When I was in Montana in 1992 there were people open carrying everywhere. They sure didn't look like freaks to me either. They were dressed pretty much like the majority, which is to say blue jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hats. Open carry wasn't reserved just for out of town or podunk little towns either. I saw many open carrying in the mall in Kalispell every time I went. Nobody paid any mind to it as far as I could tell, just business as usual. In the small town in rural upstate NY where I grew up, it was common to see kids carrying rifles and shotguns through town on their way to go hunting. Often even groups of kids {and I was often one of them} and nobody paid any mind to it, including the police. The parking lot at my old high school was filled with pickups that had guns plainly on display in rear window racks every day and nobody freaked . Today that kind of thing would have a SWAT team on the scene so fast it would make your head spin. I say all this just to get around to this.....We have done ourselves a great disservice over the years by hiding guns from public view. Doing so just makes them seem out of the ordinary, illegitimate, mysterious, dangerous and maybe even illegal and immoral to the non shooting public. That's quite a pity really.

Definitively a function of geography, but if a store "requests" it, one either complies or goes somewhere else. In Georgia for example, open carry is legal and in small towns, I'm sure it's not an issue, but do it near say Atlanta or any other big city and it;s counter-productive. In my view anyway.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Open Carry is legal in Texas, like it or not.

Sure, but there is a component in life called judgment and common sense, which to me means, open carry in Brackettville is fine, but not in Highland Park in Dallas...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102

P

Shorts and a tee makes it difficult to conceal so I don’t try, if it shows, it shows, I don’t give a shcit what others think.

Winter it’s easy, heavy coat/jacket and untucked flannel, but I still don’t give a shcit what others think.

I find it comical when I see a guy carrying concealed, or he thinks he is concealed, when his gun sticks out like a sore dick.

Well, is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to me see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Those guys don't do the rest of us any favors. They come across as loons, and that's what the fence sitters see.

Exactly.... The more kook-fringe-like we act, the more we lose....

BINGO!!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder what would happen if a store "requested" that trannies used their birth sex restroom.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
idiots

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This.................does not help us in any way, other than making them feel good at the moment.

Need to pick the battles & use a better strategy.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Open carry in general makes no sense. Concealed carry does. Alarms no one and puts you at the advantage. GW
Agree. Why make yourself the first target in an incident? The attacker usually has the advantage of the first shot. I open carry in a belt holster at the farm, in a boat, and in the woods where the target would most likely be an animal, but use CC in town to not draw attention.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty damn blue in my area of southern Wisconsin and I’ve seen 2 people open carrying this week. It’s not uncommon at all in this town. For the most part nobody GAF.

It’s the retreads that open carry in groups and/or walk around with rifles that really do the most harm.

The governor who twice vetoed CCW in Wisconsin used open carry as an excuse, and publicly suggested for citizens to open carry.
And then the cops in Madison and Milwaukee openly arrested those who chose to do so.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by johnw
Pretty damn blue in my area of southern Wisconsin and I’ve seen 2 people open carrying this week. It’s not uncommon at all in this town. For the most part nobody GAF.

It’s the retreads that open carry in groups and/or walk around with rifles that really do the most harm.

The governor who twice vetoed CCW in Wisconsin used open carry as an excuse, and publicly suggested for citizens to open carry.
And then the cops in Madison and Milwaukee openly arrested those who chose to do so.

Oh, don't be too hard on The Cops, they were just following orders, even though they knew the order was illegal.

Give the poor guys a break.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i was in walmart today, just walking, looking, not carrying of course because that's not pc.

not many shoppers as i expected, but none were openly carrying that i saw.

i did see a few red-haired african americans, but they weren't a threat.

a few others with scarves over their head to block the sun?

any ways, life without open or concealed carry will go on.

just leave yours guns at home boys, don't take your guns to town.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 16gage, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,112 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.