-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ain’t from Texass, I am from Nebraska, and yes open carry was the norm here until 2005.

Last edited by Swifty52; 09/10/19.

Swifty

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We fought for decades to get Concealed Carry, so why are these guys upset? I'd much rather have a weapon that the bad guys can't see until they are looking down my barrel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if trump would just ban bump stocks we'd all be safe.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by reivertom
We fought for decades to get Concealed Carry, so why are these guys upset? I'd much rather have a weapon that the bad guys can't see until they are looking down my barrel.

ok. so we are gaming now. and that's your choice, and i'm not sayin' it's a bad one.

but is it the only option? ya wanna rule out everything else?

we know that open carry is somewhat persona non grata.

i never fought for concealed carry, a tax & a license.

but people are free to choose, and i'm good w/that.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Your open carrying in Walmart so I've got all this started anyway bad plan

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Pretty damn blue in my area of southern Wisconsin and I’ve seen 2 people open carrying this week. It’s not uncommon at all in this town. For the most part nobody GAF.

It’s the retreads that open carry in groups and/or walk around with rifles that really do the most harm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It’s the retreads that open carry in groups and/or walk around with rifles that really do the most harm.

Even during deer season, or just at gun shows?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
activists? more like MORONS.

Yup. That's doing nothing but pokin' the bear and asking for trouble.

Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Lots of folks around here OC, lots of them ranch folks, Wranglers, boots, cowboy hat and most likely a 1911 in a leather holster. I mean real ranch folks, not your urban cowboy type.

I think OC has been the norm around here for a long time and probably wont change anytime soon.

I don't see that as a problem if that's part of the cultural make-up of the area. It's common along the road system in Alaska outside L48er-infested urban areas. The problem is most of the nation has been systematically pussified and sterilized from reality and they become problems for us when we do normal things that they've been indoctrinated against.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

ok. so we are gaming now. and that's your choice, and i'm not sayin' it's a bad one.

Nobody’s gaming Gus, we had to fight for 10 years to get a concealed carry law passed. We are and always were an open carry state. Caused a lot of ominous looks when walking into a store with a gun in plain view. Under certain circumstances you might have got off for carrying concealed under the prudent man theory, but it was an expensive proposition. Right now I am good to carry without you knowing it in 38 states which is cool. Here if you want to carry an AR and a couple handguns in the open it’s perfectly legal, just like it’s perfectly legal for you to look like an idiot doing so.

Last edited by Swifty52; 09/10/19.

Swifty
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Gus

Nobody’s gaming Gus, we had to fight for 10 years to get a concealed carry law passed. We are and always were an open carry state. Caused a lot of ominous looks when walking into a store with a gun in plain view. Under certain circumstances you might have got off for carrying concealed under the prudent man theory, but it was an expensive proposition. Right now I am good to carry without you knowing it in 38 states which is cool. Here if you want to carry an AR and a couple handguns in the open it’s perfectly legal, just like it’s perfectly legal for you to look like an idiot doing so.

what does the "majority" of the culture want us to do? i say let's understand the need and comply.

that's where we are once again with feeling. pay the license tax, and feel free to serve.

maybe we should just leave our guns at home, and be at one with the culture?

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

what does the "majority" of the culture want us to do? i say let's understand the need and comply.

that's where we are once again with feeling. pay the license tax, and feel free to serve.

And when the majority of the culture just wants you, and those like you to die, are you just going to "understand the need and comply."?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

And when the majority of the culture just wants you, and those like you to die, are you just going to "understand the need and comply."?

according to an large amount of the rank & file of so-called gun-toters, that's exactly the plan, and direction to which we are heading.

but the culture rules all. it's a given. they've already got a ton of support from the licensed gun-toters who travel with us.

i mean, let's get real: do the work, buy the license, and pay the tax, and hide the gun. makes perfect sense actually.

please don't think about hiding the gun without a license. but to show the gun is obviously an arrogant, & offensive act.

the culture is asking us respectfully to become more pc, and licensed gun-toters are complying hand over fist.

some think we should just begin leaving our guns at home, given all the good they do? but, is that true?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gus, I don’t give a damn. I carry every day, all day. When the pants go on so does a gun, when the pants come off so does the gun. The license or tax as you put it just allows me to do the same thing in 38 states as what I do at home. If I want to conceal then I conceal. If I don’t, then I don’t. My choice and mostly I choose to just not let any Tom, Dick and Harry know what I have or don’t have.

Swifty
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gus, I don’t give a damn. I carry every day, all day. When the pants go on so does a gun, when the pants come off so does the gun. The license or tax as you put it just allows me to do the same thing in 38 states as what I do at home. If I want to conceal then I conceal. If I don’t, then I don’t. My choice and mostly I choose to just not let any Tom, Dick and Harry know what I have or don’t have.

i have no problem with your decisioning dear friend.

i wish you and yours well.

i'm hopeful you can wish me the same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d say the “majority of the culture” just doesn’t want to be confronted, intimidated, or antagonized by a bunch of flamers who feel they’re entitled to do so.

It’s that simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

birdwatcher is that you?

MOLON LABE

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by watch4bear

birdwatcher is that you?

nah. and i understand the shifts occurring in the culture.

the gun-toters w/licensing given taxes paid are adjusting very well.

why bother to pay a tax to conceal a hidden gun? just leave it at home?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Except for the peacock factor, why would anyone want to carry openly?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
activists? more like MORONS.

Open Carry is legal in Texas, like it or not.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hard to believe the number of folks who WANT a license to excercise their RIGHT to bear arms.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.