Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Where I live if someone attempts to hit me w/ a pipe I will shoot him to the ground. I won't attempt to wrestle him, use less than deadly force or hope for mercy. Deadly force is appropriate when the attacker demonstrates the ability and opportunity to place a human being in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm. If I am forced to shoot some one I will continue to shoot until I am no longer in fear of imminent harm. I have no intention to ever kill anyone, but if he dies it will be as a result of his own actions.

Drugged? drunk? Crazy? a jihadi?. It matters not at all and I will react to the threat. Intent, motivation etc. will not be important at the time but survival will be. The fight will be what it is, not what you wish it was, he who hesitates is lost.

YMMV.

mike r

Guy dropped the 2x4 and was walking away, how is the cop still in "imminent jeopardo of death or great bodily harm"?

The guy that initiated the problem was still on his feet and his future was dictated by his past actions. If the cop had shot him once and then the guy hurt someone else all the experts would condemn the cops failure to solve the problem. Those that threaten others w/ deadly force create the circumstances and live/die w/ the consequences.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
That MF'r needed shot. If you need shot once, 5 times is just as good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

All I see is a screen asking me to sign into my nonexistent Facebook account. Can you just post the video?

Here's the short version.

Man takes a swing at a cop with what looks like 6 foot long 2x4.
Cop shoots him.
On the first of second shot, guy drops 2x4.
Cop keeps shooting, shooting him 3 or 4 more times.
Guy turns around, cops shots him twice more in the back.

the cop forced the situation was lost in translation

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shoot em, then deport em.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Where I live if someone attempts to hit me w/ a pipe I will shoot him to the ground. I won't attempt to wrestle him, use less than deadly force or hope for mercy. Deadly force is appropriate when the attacker demonstrates the ability and opportunity to place a human being in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm. If I am forced to shoot some one I will continue to shoot until I am no longer in fear of imminent harm. I have no intention to ever kill anyone, but if he dies it will be as a result of his own actions.

Drugged? drunk? Crazy? a jihadi?. It matters not at all and I will react to the threat. Intent, motivation etc. will not be important at the time but survival will be. The fight will be what it is, not what you wish it was, he who hesitates is lost.

YMMV.

mike r

Guy dropped the 2x4 and was walking away, how is the cop still in "imminent jeopardo of death or great bodily harm"?

The guy that initiated the problem was still on his feet and his future was dictated by his past actions. If the cop had shot him once and then the guy hurt someone else all the experts would condemn the cops failure to solve the problem. Those that threaten others w/ deadly force create the circumstances and live/die w/ the consequences.

mike r

Maybe that worked in the old days before video camera's, but not so much with camera's everywhere.

I suspect this cop is at a minimum going to loose his job, and probably on his way to jail.

If you think this cop acted appropriately, it's time for you to hand in your badge before modernity catches up to you, landing you in a jail cell.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cull the herd.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Shoot em,burn the bodies, build the wall with their bones, then deport em.

Fixed it.

Last edited by Kyhilljack; 09/10/19.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I wish SCOTUS would repeal Qualified Immunity for cops. It would make bad cops think before they tried some of their Gestopo,KGB tactics.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

YMMV.

mike r

mike r

Maybe that worked in the old days before video camera's, but not so much with camera's everywhere.

I suspect this cop is at a minimum going to loose his job, and probably on his way to jail.

If you think this cop acted appropriately, it's time for you to hand in your badge before modernity catches up to you, landing you in a jail cell.

What you are passing judgement on is a few seconds of an incident, the entirety of the circumstances is an unknown to both of us. My actions, if in this situation, were previously stated and I would not expect to be charged in this jurisdiction based on the contents of the vid. I have no badge.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
IF the video "shows it all", that is nothing that a taser couldn't have solved. Bad shoot IMO. Especially the back shots.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

YMMV.

mike r

mike r

What you are passing judgement on is a few seconds of an incident, the entirety of the circumstances is an unknown to both of us. My actions, if in this situation, were previously stated and I would not expect to be charged in this jurisdiction based on the contents of the vid. I have no badge.

mike r

You would be charged here.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Possibly, how do you interpret Colorado's laws regarding self defense and use of deadly force? If you were attacked by a man wielding a steel pipe what would you do?

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Where did this happen? Town? State? Department? I want to try to find it at YouTube.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Where did this happen? Town? State? Department? I want to try to find it at YouTube.

corpus christi tx

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The guy was swinging a steel pipe at a cop and got shot. I'm completely shocked laugh

I'm sure the video doesn't tell the whole story, but the SJW's will be quick to blame the cop instead of the criminal.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Possibly, how do you interpret Colorado's laws regarding self defense and use of deadly force? If you were attacked by a man wielding a steel pipe what would you do?
mike r

Your legal hypothesis that " his future was dictated by his past actions", doesn't work in this state. Colorado law is clear, if your opponent disengages from the conflict, you have to stop all aggressive action. If you continue, you are now the aggressor, and the one who will need a good attorney.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The guy was swinging a steel pipe at a cop and got shot. I'm completely shocked laugh

I'm sure the video doesn't tell the whole story, but the SJW's will be quick to blame the cop instead of the criminal.

looks more like a cardboard shipping tube or board, if was a pipe that size it would be pretty heavy.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter

corpus christi tx

Wow! There seems to be a complete news blackout on the story. The only on point link I could find led me to this thread on the Campfire.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think that guys family just won the municipal lottery.

Guy dropped the 2x4 after the first shot. Cop but 6 more into him and continued shooting after he turned and was walking away.

This will cost the tax payers some money.

Agreed. Bad shoot.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Scratch that. I found two local news reports on it, but neither showed the actual event. They only talked about it.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.