Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
A guy told me once that he’d chronographed some of that WCC ball and it was doing like 530fps out of a 4” barrel. Knockdown power!

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
friend of mine flew F4's out of thailand into vietnam and North Vietnam. AT the time he collected a couple of five gallon pails of spent
38special casings recovered from some of the ranges, still uses it to this day. When it cracks, it gets thrown out.
He did carry other sidearms other than the revolver issued, one was a revolver size .410 he had made in thailand, figured it would be better for shooting monkeys. The british WWI round for the S&W was a 200grain bullet at about the 600fps level. Not high velocity, but thumper bullet.
i acquired a victory revolver some years ago with the leather shoulder rig. The rig had provisions for carrying extra rounds, some of which were still on the rig. As the story went, the pilot fired six rounds off the back end of a carrier to make sure it worked, then never fired it again, but brought it home. I never opened up one of those rounds, but they weren't all that impressive to look at. that gun was carried all through the pacific. A pilot wasn't meant to go into combat with ground troops anyway. I believe belgian hi powers were well thought of at the time because of the capacity too.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/22/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one of the handguns you don't see mentioned very much was colts answer to the victory smith and wesson, the colt commando.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
A guy told me once that he’d chronographed some of that WCC ball and it was doing like 530fps out of a 4” barrel. Knockdown power!

For crying out loud. I've got Co2 BB gun pistols that run 450 fps.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yes, but they had to be weak enough for some of the airweights that Smith had built that had ALUMINUM cylinders (yeah, that went over like a lead balloon and didn't work worth a crap). Like I said, the Air Farce was all about the weight back then. Even if it wasn't enough to matter.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Yes, but they had to be weak enough for some of the airweights that Smith had built that had ALUMINUM cylinders (yeah, that went over like a lead balloon and didn't work worth a crap). Like I said, the Air Farce was all about the weight back then. Even if it wasn't enough to matter.

Geez,

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Geez,

And fast forward 40 years and they were doing the same thing over but better with the TI cylinder guns. And if you somehow find yourself in possession of one of the AL cylinder aircrewman revolvers you have a nice windfall should you decide to sell.
As a neat sidetrack/footnote pertaining to early alloy cylinder S&Ws, I have read that sometime in the 1950’s they built one or possibly two aluminum cylinder Heavy Duty revolvers. They were chambered for the 30 Carbine. I don’t recall if the frames were alloy as well and whether they were 6 or 8 shooters, but talk about a conversation piece if you had one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
That is a nice gun...

I've only had one...60s vintage that came with real stag grips... Put some proper stock grips back on and sold it only because the square butt with short barrel just didn't balance for me....one of those guns that should have been a Round Butt...

Bob

I have an old set of Herrett's Jordan Troopers that were made for a square grip.I have used them on both square and round grip k frames. My 2 1/2" model 66 currently wears them and it feels great.

I saw a real clean 2 1/2" model 15 in a pawn shop a couple of days ago. Priced very reasonably but it was 2 states from home and i passed.

Guns in the safe don't eat anything, but my happiest days were those when I owned rifles in .22 and .243, and one 12 ga shotgun. I carried an issue revolver.
I'd give my largest investment account to feel like that again...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Combat Masterpiece to the rescue! Took the boy to the ranch yesterday to sit on the pond and shoot doves. Pulled up to the gate and hopped out to be greeted by this big guy. Grabbed my 2” M15 from between the seats of the truck and shot his head off with a SWC HP. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Of course after I had him good and dead my sidekick had to “BB” him a little bit. smile
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Good shot. Nice gun.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Excellent shooting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nice work!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 2" model 15 and 4" model 18 are both on my want list.

My 4" 15 is the nicest shooting revolver I've ever played with.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I would love to find one of the USAF property Model 15s, it was the first centerfire revolver that I ever fired. Qualified with it prior to my initial overseas tour in Diyarbakir, Turkey in the late 80s.

I wish I could have got one of the M-15s issued to our unit before the switch to M-9s. Those M-15's actions were smooooth!!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Never understood the attraction of a 2" M15 with a 4" available, unless you're carrying in a purse. The extra 2" of barrel don't do squat for concealment but does add velocity and sight radius. M15 was my first centerfire revolver and there are many more under and not so many above IMHO.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Main attraction for me is that they aren’t a 4”. I enjoy revolvers that are somewhat scarce or unusual, and I like snubbies. I’m not very worried about concealment, if I need to be serious about having a concealed firearm that can’t print or show I have a J frame or an LCP.

It’s just something slightly out of the ordinary that I find attractive and enjoy shooting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
3" Combat Masterpiece my way

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If anybody is looking for an excellent model 10 with the tapered Barrel, my LGS just got one in a couple days ago. Lockup and action are outoutstanding. I would have bought it, but I like the Bull Barrels better.

They also got in an excellent condition 3 inch Model 36.

Anyone interested can PM me and I will send them contact info for the LGS.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 3,076 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.