Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like Bevin. He does what he thinks it best for the state, and doesn't care whos feelings it hurts or what union will attack him. So far he's done a good job. Sometimes he states things wrong and it is used against him, but his actions are all I care about.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He faces the same kind of crap that Trump does, and for much the same reasons. The democrats of this country are finally showing enough of their true colors, and their true ambitions, that it will be their undoing. It will take a while, and it will get ugly, but it will happen.

U
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
U
Even I might vote for that one.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You Kentuckians are extremely lucky and should be proud to have a Governor like that in office. I wish we could get one like that in Washington but a very warm place would have to freeze over before that would ever happen.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bevin has had a tough row to hoe as governor, because this state had a series of Democrats that put us head over heels in debt. He has not made any friends, and faces a tough opposition in the fall for re-election. Hopefully he will win, and we'll have 4 more years of cost cutting and putting the state ahead, instead of the Democrats.

What Bevin is talking about in the video is the violence in the Black community in Louisville and Lexington, and how he thinks the Black leaders need to get more involved...................something that the Negroes do not do, as they don't give a rats azz about the murder rate amongst their people. All a Negro wants is more free chit from the government, and they don't give a damn how many of them get killed, just as long as "gimme dis" and "giimme dat" stuff keeps coming in.

Bevin stepped on their toes they sure didn't like it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
My B-I-L worked for him for awhile, doing something with the state Medicare/Medicaid thing (he's a CPA). My B-I-L says he won't vote for him again. That tells me that Bevin is on the right track, though.

Bevin has also REALLY pissed of the Teacher's Union, tying to fix the state pension problems and huge debts incurred by the previous Democrat administrations (which is funny, because the teachers have their own pension plans and aren't part of the state pension problems, as such). I see a lot of anti-Bevin bumper stickers on the roads, but I don't pay any attention to them. I do my own thinking.

I met Bevin when he was running against Mitch McConnell in the primary way back when (2008?) and he seemed like a decent sort of feller. I think he's a good man trying to do a hard and thankless job with little support from his own party, who are trying to primary him out. He's got my vote, though.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yea, he's made some hard decisions, decisions that most Governors wouldn't make for fear of not getting re-elected.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/12/19.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
yea, he's made some hard decisions, decisions that most Governors wouldn't make for fear of not getting re-elected.

That's what I admire about him the most.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the teachers will work every moment they have to make sure he won't be re-elected

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
the teachers will work every moment they have to make sure he won't be re-elected

If they had worked that hard in school they could have graduated from something better than a College of Education.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
My B-I-L worked for him for awhile, doing something with the state Medicare/Medicaid thing (he's a CPA). My B-I-L says he won't vote for him again. That tells me that Bevin is on the right track, though.

Bevin has also REALLY pissed of the Teacher's Union, tying to fix the state pension problems and huge debts incurred by the previous Democrat administrations (which is funny, because the teachers have their own pension plans and aren't part of the state pension problems, as such). I see a lot of anti-Bevin bumper stickers on the roads, but I don't pay any attention to them. I do my own thinking.

I met Bevin when he was running against Mitch McConnell in the primary way back when (2008?) and he seemed like a decent sort of feller. I think he's a good man trying to do a hard and thankless job with little support from his own party, who are trying to primary him out. He's got my vote, though.

The teachers were lied to by Democrats for 20 or 30 years about their pensions, but now they blame Bevin for trying to fix it. They whine about Bevin messing with "their" money, but that money didn't exist in the first place because the Democrats were promising smoke and mirrors. The corrupt teacher's union never addresses the fact that the last Democrat Administration didn't even match funds to the pension plan they were required by law to match. Somehow now Matt Bevin is to blame. I thought teachers were supposed to be smart.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
when its your pension, money promised to you, 99% of the people are only going to be concerned about the politician that is telling them they aren't going to get it (or at least all of it)

Chris Christie was in the same situation, he said, don't blame me, blame the politicians that stole it from you years ago - but no one care about that position and its a thankless one - its really no different than when the federal government stands up and tells everyone in 10 years that Social Security will become means based, and all the middle class people that socked away a little money that were counting on SS to supplement them (as it was intended to do) in their retirement will be throwing a fit too. I'll be one of them I guess, and I won't be blaming Dubya or Obama or Trump, I'll be blaming whoever is in charge that made the tough decision.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/12/19.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by reivertom

The teachers were lied to by Democrats for 20 or 30 years about their pensions, but now they blame Bevin for trying to fix it. They whine about Bevin messing with "their" money, but that money didn't exist in the first place because the Democrats were promising smoke and mirrors. The corrupt teacher's union never addresses the fact that the last Democrat Administration didn't even match funds to the pension plan they were required by law to match. Somehow now Matt Bevin is to blame. I thought teachers were supposed to be smart.

Yeah, I thought that too, until I became one...

I finished my BSc in Zoologyin 1976, and couldn't find a job in the biology field, so did what a lot of us did... I signed up for a year of "education", and got a 1-year teaching certificate. Then I went to work. Found out that most teachers are definitely not smart, but most aren't outright stupid, either.

HOWEVER... the teachers who get involved in the Union were not typical teachers. They were slick, smooth, smarmy, and sophisticated. But whenever I'd talk to one of them, it was like trying to hold a wisp of smoke. No substance. These union pols are just like public politicians, except not good enough to get elected in a public election. In other words, they're less competent and less intelligent versions of the charlatans who run for and hold public office all over America. Think about that. LESS competent....

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I love his faith and he is right.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Count your blessing you could have POS phag like Colorado.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kentucky Governor Next POTUS?

Sorry, no. Governor Bevin (nor anyone else) must not be allowed to challenge The Great and Powerful Trump.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Kentucky Governor Next POTUS?

Sorry, no. Governor Bevin (nor anyone else) must not be allowed to challenge The Great and Powerful Trump.

Pretty sure he was talking about the 2024 election NOT 2020!

Last edited by elkcountry; 09/12/19.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like what I saw there. Of course, with his faith based initiative, he signed his national political death warrant. Lefties will slay him on it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bevin would be an excellent President. But this country is far too Commie to elect Bevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (270cowboy, 1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 280Jeff, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,120
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.