Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://news.usni.org/2019/09/12/es...-as-east-coast-carrier-shortage-persists

The navy deployed a Carrier group yesterday, but the USS Truman did not go along. It is out of action. Billions of dollars of non functioning ship.
The ships don’t work. The new planes are questionable, the sailors fail at navigating and ship handling. God help us if they have to go into combat.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you actually read the article?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, you are not supposed to do that, kellroy. Against protocol.
Only uninformed bitching and warmongering in these parts.
Turn in your card.

Sarcasm off.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My main takeaway from the article, outside of the carrier being broke and them not being completely sure what the problem is, is that the Navy Spokespersons are some absolute world-class gibberish slingers.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
That’s to confuse the Air Force guys😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it really necessary? I get it that the carrier projects and image, and a good deal of force, but is it necessary? Is there anything that battle force is likely to face that the surface ships can't handle?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
That’s to confuse the Air Force guys😊

Well I'm a Navy guy myself so they're definitely exceeding expectations.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
My main takeaway from the article, outside of the carrier being broke and them not being completely sure what the problem is, is that the Navy Spokespersons are some absolute world-class gibberish slingers.

It's their job to be good liars. But they're not. Good, that is. Liars they are.

Mannlichers right.

Last edited by RickyD; 09/13/19.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Is there anything that battle force is likely to face that the surface ships can't handle?

Yeah, the ability to carry out strike missions using $18,000/hour super hornets and $5,000 bombs rather than $2,000,000 Tomahawks.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
So, this isn't about a new submarine?

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by RufusG

It's their job to be good liars. But they're not. Good, that is. Liars they are.

Mannlichers right.

Ditto.

Navy Spin Doctor training school now giving out participation certificates. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It does highlight the Navy’s ongoing decline. There’s no ready carrier to substitute for the Truman and that’s a big deal that we’re stretched too thin to cover for a ship having a mechanical issue. The Ford being so far behind and that spilling over to the next carrier in the Ford class is crippling our carrier fleet.
The Littoral Combat ships are useless and stuck in dry dock. These late and troubled ships means older ships are being pushed way beyond their service life and some have been decommissioned before their replacements were ready. Our SEALS are all hooked on pills and heroin ( that’s the reason the entire command of SEAL team 7 was just relieved of command ) . It’s not just 7 that has a huge problem. The Navy is a disaster currently.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
even though I'm retired, I'm condemned to dealing with the Navy on a daily basis and the decline is not only obvious, but catastrophic. It has been overtaken by bureaucrats, more interested in the 'process" than in operational readiness. And when coupled with the cancer that is the civilian GS employee, it's a recipe for disaster. As to the carrier, the math is simple. It takes three to make one. That is for every carrier deployed, you have one in maintenance and one undergoing what we cann the "turnaround training cycle". As of right now, I think we only have ten, because the Ford is basically useless. So there you are...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Is there anything that battle force is likely to face that the surface ships can't handle?

Yeah, the ability to carry out strike missions using $18,000/hour super hornets and $5,000 bombs rather than $2,000,000 Tomahawks.

That's for, uh... defense, huh? I say we have a vote for whether such is necessary for our "defense", and those who vote in the affirmative get to pay for it.

Carriers were never about defense. Force projection is anathema to defense. "I knew that guy was gonna mug me later that night, so I shot him in his bed that morning."

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob

That's for, uh... defense, huh? I say we have a vote for whether such is necessary for our "defense", and those who vote in the affirmative get to pay for it.

Carriers were never about defense. Force projection is anathema to defense. "I knew that guy was gonna mug me later that night, so I shot him in his bed that morning."

Your short sightedness is remarkable!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Carriers were never about defense.

Yeah I'm sure we could have done without those damn carriers in WW2.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So. High Tech fancy is it's own worst enemy I guess. At least it costs more, so there's a plus.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the meantime, the surface ships in the strike group are forming their own surface action group and deploying with neither the carrier nor the air wing.

I'm glad they didn't deploy the air wing. I'm not a navy guy, but I could see where that could lead to trouble. The Japanese tried that back in WWII with a great deal of short term success, but it didn't pan out in the long run.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
. Force projection is anathema to defense.

Boy, I am glad you're not calling the shots..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ships, tanks, bombers, all weapons from the past. That stuff costs a fortune in resources of every kind. A gigantic waste. Your ULTRAMEGA SUPERCARRIER will get sunk by a kid with a drone. Make sure the letters TRUMAN are really big so they can read it under the sea for the next 200 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 52 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,911
Posts18,498,251
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.