Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
not all BLR`s have bad triggers and with a little ability those triggers clean up and can work alot better too. i own 3 - 39A all 3 are accurate and my Henry 22`s in golden boys are accurate too.the old Marlin levers are built nicer and function better too.its your hard earned money you get to make the decision on what brand and cartridge you want to buy. just remember this word >"resale" the BLR`s will always be worth more than a Henry ! as a gun dealer / FFL holder i know resale and what sells best ,if you want the best lever rifle ever made buy a used Savage 99. good luck with your choice,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find the Henry CF leverguns so impressively oogly that any further investigation is pointless. Hard to shoot well while chucking one's cookies.

I did buy one of their SSs, btw, which ain't bad looking. As to shooting, we shall see.

The rimfires remind me of the old Erma rifles from Germany. Maybe that's where they originated. Some years back when my son worked at Gander, Henry .22s were neck and neck with Rossis for the most-often returned POSs. Since many seem to like them these days, perhaps they got better. Or maybe cheapness trumps everything else to some.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
N
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I find the Henry CF leverguns so impressively oogly that any further investigation is pointless. Hard to shoot well while chucking one's cookies.

I did buy one of their SSs, btw, which ain't bad looking. As to shooting, we shall see.

The rimfires remind me of the old Erma rifles from Germany. Maybe that's where they originated. Some years back when my son worked at Gander, Henry .22s were neck and neck with Rossis for the most-often returned POSs. Since many seem to like them these days, perhaps they got better. Or maybe cheapness trumps everything else to some.
No real reason to return a Henry to Gander as their customer service is second to none and they will bend over backwards to make a customer happy if there's a problem. I explained in a previous post the Erma/ Ithaca /Iver Johnson/ Henry connection for those who can read.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
HEY ALL....I think my Henry Golden Boy can hold its own against ANY .22 rimfire you would care to throw against it....i never expected any kind of accuracy from it from the beginning....it is from about 2002 when they were built in Brooklyn NY...!!! and so marked on the BBL...I have lost count as to how many rounds have gone down the BBL...i would have to say in excess of twenty five thousand easily...
I left NYC in 2013 and retired to the austin, tx area...it is set up for rimfire silhouette...see the pics..5 shots at 50 meters to check the sights......does anyone really need more accuracy than this ??
Am working on NRA MASTER Class with this rifle...soon...
Pete
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by pdman; 09/15/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
N
Originally Posted by Pappy348

No real reason to return a Henry to Gander as their customer service is second to none and they will bend over backwards to make a customer happy if there's a problem. I explained in a previous post the Erma/ Ithaca /Iver Johnson/ Henry connection for those who can read.

First, this was about 2005, and at that time Gander would ship problem guns back to the make, sparing the customer that trouble.

Second, unless I happen to read one by mistake, I generally skip over your posts as you've gone from someone that used to usually have something worthwhile to say to one of the most unpleasant, bitter-sounding know-it-alls on the site, and I don't waste time reading your bilious drivel.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (2UP, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 35, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 13 invisible), 1,574 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,996
Posts18,481,160
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.