Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

So a while back PB held everyone's pics hostage till they paid "The Man", or you pics would go bye bye. I had left all my pics on their site, and just started using IMGUR for new downloads.

Then someone figured out how to circumvent them with your computer settings, and your pics magically reappeared.

Then the rotten bastards started putting the big ass watermark dead center in the middle of your pics, ruining every image out there.

Currently, and not sure how long this has been going on, now the MF'ers are blurring our your photos so you can barely make out what's in the pic:

[Linked Image]

After a bunch of googling, I found out the new go around is to replace the "i" in the middle of your link with a "w":

[Linked Image]

So for now, it works, but now all the old PB pics on threads are f'cked again......

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's why I left them long ago and never looked back, PB is just bunch of money hungry ass holes.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got all mine out the first itch that were getting shaky and theyre back on my phone.

I've been party to more than a couple data dissolution meltdowns, bleachings and lockouts. I also have a Hoo-Too transfer dongle to go from phone to external drive for backups.

I don't trust any cloud storage as a primary.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
SOBs. Any changes in policy should only apply to new uploads. The pictures you put up when it was free should remain fully accessible without having to pay. If they told us it was only temporarily free, none of us would have used them.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I use postimage...much easier, better, no watermark.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJL53
That's why I left them long ago and never looked back, PB is just bunch of money hungry ass holes.

Photobucket is worse than that... They're stinky [bleep]!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Obamaphoto! Demand your free shiiit!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by aalf

So a while back PB held everyone's pics hostage till they paid "The Man", or you pics would go bye bye. I had left all my pics on their site, and just started using IMGUR for new downloads.

Then someone figured out how to circumvent them with your computer settings, and your pics magically reappeared.

Then the rotten bastards started putting the big ass watermark dead center in the middle of your pics, ruining every image out there.

Currently, and not sure how long this has been going on, now the MF'ers are blurring our your photos so you can barely make out what's in the pic:

[Linked Image]

After a bunch of googling, I found out the new go around is to replace the "i" in the middle of your link with a "w":

[Linked Image]

So for now, it works, but now all the old PB pics on threads are f'cked again......

AALF ,

I was searching some old 6.5x47L threads last night and couldn't see a damn thing of photos you posted in those threads .
P'zon photobucket .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I was searching some old 6.5x47L threads last night and couldn't see a damn thing of photos you posted in those threads. P'zon photobucket.

That's because Imageshack pulled the same pay-to play schiit before PB......F'ck 'em both......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by cas6969

You are so far off base.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't you love relying on the cloud for storage?

In the beginning there were huge computers and users had access by way of terminals. Your data, access to programs (only officially sanctioned programs) was at the mercy of he who controlled the monster computer.

Then the personal computer happened and flourished because you had control of your data and could run any program you wanted. And if you bought a program it was yours forever.

Today your storage is in the cloud (someone else's giant computer), software vendors are pushing the subscription (so much every month/year) model, and operating systems try to limit control of your computer. Try turning off your system's ability to "phone home," Sure, they say no personal data gets shared if you opt out on some obscure setting. But do you know that to be true?

Fight the power!

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have pulled nearly all my photo's off of PB but still get those emails telling me I am over limit I need to pay. I emailed them asking them WTF is there limit?

Ted
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i kicked the bucket years ago

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Imgur..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Don't you love relying on the cloud for storage?

In the beginning there were huge computers and users had access by way of terminals. Your data, access to programs (only officially sanctioned programs) was at the mercy of he who controlled the monster computer.

Then the personal computer happened and flourished because you had control of your data and could run any program you wanted. And if you bought a program it was yours forever.

Today your storage is in the cloud (someone else's giant computer), software vendors are pushing the subscription (so much every month/year) model, and operating systems try to limit control of your computer. Try turning off your system's ability to "phone home," Sure, they say no personal data gets shared if you opt out on some obscure setting. But do you know that to be true?

Fight the power!

Elvis was a hero to most
Elvist was a hero to most....

Mfthk him and john wayne

flav' cracks me up with that. Lol

Seen them august 8 1990. Life changing

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have been on botophucket for 15 years. I never paid them a penny and they have locked my account.
I still have some valuable photos over there. So following your post I went over there to see what's what. They did not have those marks on any of my photos.
I decided to bail out. I logged in and got into my photos they said I had five minutes. Then, I clicked on one photo to make it big. Then, I clicked on the box that allows you to email the photo. I copied that.
Then I went over to my email and pasted that link onto there. From my yahoo email, I was able to get into the photobucket account. Then I just went through the photobucket account and put all the photos I wanted, into the "my pictures" section of my computer.

I am surprised that botophucket was able to pull off this "pay to play" scheme. It was costly, like 4 bucks a month. I know of about 50 guys on various forums who were on photobucket and nobody paid them a dime. Why pay those jerks when you can go to IMGUR and do the same thing for free?
I am surprised that botophucket continues to exist. But, they had millions of free subscribers, if only 1 percent pay, I guess it is enough to keep them in business.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by dye7barrel

You are so far off base.

Exactly!

Classic, "bait-and-switch", marketing ploy in my opinion.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The man that creates the menu is the man that gets the benefit.

When you eat off someone else's menu................

TANNSTAFL

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/14/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

You are so far off base.

Nope. People complaining their free stuff is no longer free.
Just because someone votes one way, rather than another, doesn't make it less true.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I deleted every image I had uploaded on PB. Started using imgur a few weeks ago. It's great for my needs. PB can go to hell.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

283 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.