Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Aces:

Nice! Were you handlining or rod and reel? How many fish did you get?

Rod and reel on a charter. Troll until we had a hit or hookup, stop the boat and cast spoons or jigs, with some just floating a dead drift anchovy on a hook. We brought home 48 loins and will smoke the bellies.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheKid
Ranger you should escape from there at least long enough to bring that little gal out to catch some fish with us. I’d love to tie her into one of these. [Linked Image]

Huntsman, don’t think the thought didn’t cross my mind. Truth be told the red one will probably look about like that in a few months.

Fireballs, congrats on the bear. I miss hunting them at times but don’t miss the tannery bill every year. You mentioned tuna earlier, got any pics of them? Albacore I assume? Cousin’s husband caught a 200lb whatever kinda tuna they have out in the gulf of Mehico last month, took hours to land, he said it was like it never got tired.

Renegade, yeah he’s gotten pretty big on BBing stuff lately. He had to BB this rattler the other day. [Linked Image]fallout 2 goris

Thanks! She is all for it. Maybe after getting two transmissions repaired and get caught up on some other bills. I must confess, I could use a lesson on fishing that good as well. In the meantime, we will continue to do fish and hike and occasionally camp. Life is good!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Early evening clouds trying to cover the sun and stop the mourning dove traffic yesterday had a touch of rainbow.

[Linked Image]multi hosting

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/13/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fats you're the winner of this thread...well done

Thanks but you can't ever beat a Kid and his BB gun glamming for the camera shooting rattlesnakes.

I really GEEKED out at the Motorcycle museum in Sturgis. Spent money on knives, holsters, caps and teeshirts left over from the Rally the week before.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 1minute
Aces:

Nice! Were you handlining or rod and reel? How many fish did you get?

Rod and reel on a charter. Troll until we had a hit or hookup, stop the boat and cast spoons or jigs, with some just floating a dead drift anchovy on a hook. We brought home 48 loins and will smoke the bellies.

Nice. That’s pretty much the routine up here too. I have friends that have fished Depoe bay and other Oregon ports and they said a lot of the charters down there hand line the fish.

Nice job on the fish. 👍. Did Cookie get any pictures?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Did Cookie get any pictures?/

Sorry, but no pics. She's a bit hesitant to take her high end gear into a corrosive environment.

Headed out on a photo mission in a few days. Hopefully, elk, bighorn, deer, and black bear.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 09/13/19.

1Minute
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by sse
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fats you're the winner of this thread...well done

Thanks but you can't ever beat a Kid and his BB gun glamming for the camera shooting rattlesnakes.

I really GEEKED out at the Motorcycle museum in Sturgis. Spent money on knives, holsters, caps and teeshirts left over from the Rally the week before.

k never mind

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kid,

Still lovin't the pics and stories.

RE: the eye issue, as I posted in PartsMan's thread, it's a first world issue. I can still see some, the trips to the retina doc are a bit of an inconvenience, but we have a more than capable vehicle, insurance to pay most of it, and we get to eat at restaurants we don't have in our little burg.

I could complain about a lot of things today, but I won't.

and thanks for the reminder about dusty trucks. Mine needs its yearly washing, it didn't get one last year and it's a nice green color, not dusty brown.

sse, we're all winners here, at least those with a good attitude and some remaining health. But Fats and the Kid are doing a good job of showing us their good lives.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just booked tickets to go on a bucket list hunting trip next spring. Hogs in Texas.
And booked 2 days of Tuna fishing in Wa. next fall to. another bucket list item.
I'm excited.
I'm still chasing Chrome on the Kenai river every weekend so I guess I don't have much of anything to complain about.
Last year I decided it way past time to buy experiences and not more "stuff"

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It can't rain forever here! The wood stove feels great, supper was good, and it might clear off tomorrow.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
358, What boat did you book out of Washington? Are you going out of Westport?

Have fun and good luck. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Good deal on making the bucket list happen 358. Hope you kill a hunnerd pigs and catch a pile of tunas.

Wabi I know the rain stinks when you’re trying to do important stuff like walleye fish. But at least you’re at your cabin and not stuck at work trying to make a living out in the slop.

Me and my partner in crime headed out this evening with a rifle and binocular. Kinda looking for deer, maybe going to shoot a pig or 3, but mainly just getting out. Big rain last night and nice temps today even if it was pretty muggy. Saw 10 does, one nice buck, a coyote, 4 cow elk, and a covey of bobwhites, about a hundred bullfrogs from itty bitty to nuclear mutant size too. Pretty good evening even if we didn’t shoot anything. [Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s one lucky boy to have a dad like you and a lucky dad to have such a wonderful partner in crime. Keep up the good work and keep posting these positive and uplifting posts.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
What state are you living in, Kid? I mean, besides bliss.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/13/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We live in SW Oklahoma Jag.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Many know my family's story but with God's grace and my trust in him I am blessed. I have good enough health I can help my friends and neighbors and have a loving family. My zeal for hunting has been curbed but I do get out. Life is great!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

This is the company we're going with.. They came highly recommended by a couple of river guides my buddy uses.
http://www.washingtontunacharters.com/index.html

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

This is the company we're going with.. They came highly recommended by a couple of river guides my buddy uses.
http://www.washingtontunacharters.com/index.html

You done GOOD!

Those are the guys I’d have recommended. They’re great, have great equipment and it doesn’t take 2 days to get to the fishing grounds and back.

You will have a great time and you’ll only be limited by what the 29’ Defiance can hold which is still more tuna than you’ll know what to do with.

Being that you’re an Alaskan I’m sure that you’re capable of processing your own fish but in case you don’t want to you can trade loins for canned or smoked fish at Merinos Seafoods but you’ll only get a fraction of the amount. We’ll bring an outdoor turkey fryer and can our own on the beach or in the parking lot. Bring your canning supplies and go crazy. Drink something cold and sit back reliving your adventures while you’re pint jars get up to time and pressure.

If you have any questions or if I can be of any help to you please don’t hesitate to ask. 👍

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Since we can't really count on an earthquake, and trading for Hong Kong is out of the question...., how about a Chinese Lantern Party in California??

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,233
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.