Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
Celiac disease. New diagnosis by biopsy. Just dropped it on me last week so I am still finding my way. It does explain some things like not being able to drink a beer without getting sick and always feeling full but ut hungry. The fad diet crap gets in the way of those with actual problems and is a disservice to us
Thanks

How so?

You should definitely stay home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Celiac disease. New diagnosis by biopsy. Just dropped it on me last week so I am still finding my way. It does explain some things like not being able to drink a beer without getting sick and always feeling full but ut hungry. The fad diet crap gets in the way of those with actual problems and is a disservice to us
Thanks

If you've got Celiac, then tell them.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I was informed two weeks ago I'm a type II diabetic. I'm on Metformin to cut the blood sugar level down. I've cut out pasta, pizza, white bread, beer cry , potatoes, and rice. I've been eating eggs, some kind of breakfast meat, and plain oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast, meat and cheese for lunch, and meat, salad and vegies for supper. I can appreciate what others have go through to be social at a table.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
K
kennyd Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
For you wonderers. Celiac is an autoimmune disease triggered by gluten, kills the small intestines ability to work. Used to be they didnt know why, just that people didnt thrive and died. The Greeks knew some about it,
There is no cure unless they can find a gene to splice someday. I have no idea, except stress, what triggered it in me at age 71
So the diet I am being forced into is not like the people who avoid sugar, meat, fat and all because they think it is a good ideal: but we get lumped in with them

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sorry to hear Ken. Looks like your not getting much support at home, nor here either for that matter. Were it me, I'd start preparing my own meals and if you happened to make some thing your wife really likes, don't share. laugh

Last edited by websterparish47; 09/15/19.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
If I had a diet problem, an allergy or the like, I would provide for myself. Nothing is more off putting than having folks over that can’t/won’t eat what I fix. Frankly, most anyone I invite, I already know if they have issues though. Many people use a supposed food issue as a means to control others.

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Stay home
Smoke a doobie
Have a mountain dew
Eat some cheetos
Watch star trek.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kenny, people with genuine diagnosed dietary issues should always advise a host or hostess about it. Those who claim such an issue because it's the "in" thing should be ignored and told to STFU. The problem is knowing the difference, of course.

Genuine celiac is a booger to deal with. Like with any other allergy, there are so many foods with hidden trigger foods in them that you almost risk your life dining out. Foods can contain nuts, eggs, shellfish, gluten, milk and more without us even realizing it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For you wonderers. Celiac is an autoimmune disease triggered by gluten, kills the small intestines ability to work. Used to be they didnt know why, just that people didnt thrive and died. The Greeks knew some about it,
There is no cure unless they can find a gene to splice someday. I have no idea, except stress, what triggered it in me at age 71
So the diet I am being forced into is not like the people who avoid sugar, meat, fat and all because they think it is a good ideal: but we get lumped in with them

Aren't the foods you avoid for religious reasons something you do just because you "think it's a good idea".

Sorry but I just can't see how someone else deciding to go on a diet or not eat certain foods effects you one way or the other.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Tellum,..."Got this thing going on that won't let me eat gluten products".

People will say, "Oh",...then go on back to whatever it is they're talking about.

It's not an issue. Go to the dinner party,..eat what you can,..leave the rest.

Nobody's going to think anything about it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
don't forget to indulge the dinner guests with all the gory details of your intestinal problems while they're scarfing down and you pick at your watercress. extra points for doing it in a snit.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

If I was the host and a guest didn't tell me about dietary restrictions I'd be pissed. The role of a host is to serve and please the guest, not make the guest sick or leave him wanting. To the OP do what would you expect of your host if the situation was reversed - Miss Manners. Or maybe Emily Post

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

FWIW, my grandpa was misdiagnosed with Celiac at about 80. Even after removing all gluten he was still having issues. Was just him getting old.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Steve

If I was the host and a guest didn't tell me about dietary restrictions I'd be pissed. The role of a host is to serve and please the guest, not make the guest sick or leave him wanting. To the OP do what would you expect of your host if the situation was reversed - Miss Manners. Or maybe Emily Post

I agree. If you know in advance you can work around it, and prepare something everyone can enjoy. It isn't that hard to put something together to meet a restriction like coeliac.

If the guest doesn't tell you, but turns up and then doesn't eat the things you've put in front of them, even if it is for good medical reasons, that is apt to have you feeling a bit put out. It would be downright insulting if they did what one poster suggested, and brought their own food to eat instead of what you put on for them.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Tell the host YOU HAVE A STOMACH VIRUS AND DONT WANT TO PUKE ON HER CARPET.
FIXT

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Just eat it, what's the worst that could happen?

Hahahaha, azzwhole. wink

But he does need to make a cauliflower crust pie.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Stay home and get drunk.

This the answer too so many questions that arise on here.
Thank you Jim. You're the voice of reason amidst the chaos.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My wife and I are NOT gluten sensitive but she tells me that the cauliflower crust is very good and you’d never know that it was cauliflower.

No, cauliflower crust is not "very good" and you will definitely know the difference. Voice of experience here. Wifey is on keto diet.

Lol

I tried that chit here with the house lady. Tasted like muddy sea weed jerky

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
OP, it's your issue to deal with. Why should someone hosting a party have to adjust their menu to suit your special needs? Eat before you go, eat whatever you can at their party, don't eat at all. Quit acting like a bitch.
JFC....I grow more and more embarrassed with each passing day to be white and heterosexual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Peeps are gluten free

Just take a pack of those. Break em out.

Hint- use the salad fork

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 29 invisible), 1,792 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.