Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We've had one of these for 15 years or more. It produces a lot of heat. The furnace will never kick on while the stove is burning. Has a blower but will do OK without it if the power is off. You can cook on the top too if need be.

https://www.regency-fire.com/en/Products/Wood/Wood-Inserts/H2100

Pellet stoves sound good and less messy but doesn't it require electricity for the auger, fan etc?

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The reason I got my Fisher was because it was being replaced with a pellet stove. The following spring while hanging out at the local liars club the owner told me that he wished he hadn't sold it to me. He found out after a power outage his pellet stove was a no go. Power is needed for producing draft. Now this was before people around here got into generators so...……….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't get close enough to mine to determine what brand it is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
quadrafire in the ranch yurt
[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

double drum shop heater

lopi in the back room of the old house

quardrafire in the front room of the old house (lost in divorce)

quadrafire in current little domicile
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

wall tent stove

backpack tent stove

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a good pipe cap....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of people here burn wood for winter heat. The most popular stove by far is the Pacific Energy.

Mine is a Super 27

http://www.pacificenergy.net/products/wood/super/super-le/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blaze king and a hearth stone soap stone. The soapstone is pretty but I’d much rather have a blaze king princess model there instead.

The blaze king we do have is great. Huge fire box and burns very little wood.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
If you want to burn AT LEAST 1/3 less wood, the stove you want is a Blaze King.

1/3 less wood burned for the same amount of heat

1/3 less wood hauled

1/3 less wood cut

1/3 less ash and clean up.

How? It's a catalytic stove that basically uses wood like a cigarette burns tobacco. The smoke produced that would usually be lost up the chimney is ignited by the catalyst. This also leads to MUCH LESS chimney buildup. I can go outside when my stove is running and there is no smoke coming out of the chimney.

I've had mine for six years at my cabin and can attest to all my claims above. The ONLY downside is if you have a spouse that just must see the dancing flames, they'll be disappointed. Yes, there's flames at startup, but once the stove gets going there is no flame - just heat and lots of it.

Look over the stove reviews at hearth.com. One stove is mentioned more than any other.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Ralphie
Blaze king and a hearth stone soap stone. The soapstone is pretty but I’d much rather have a blaze king princess model there instead.

Originally Posted by Ralphie

Blaze King Princess here,it' can run us out of our 1300 Sq ft house..Heck of a stove and easy on the wood.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah I've read Hearth.com quite abit and what you say is true. The Blaze King burn times are pretty amazing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an old Ember Hearth from the 1970's.

It has a blower that I have never hooked up.

Somebody at some point put long legs on it which suit the dog just fine. If the bottom ever falls out of that old relic he's gonna be in a world of hurt though.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have a Lopi 1250 in my hunting cabin (14x20 log with a half loft). It can get pretty cold and the stove will keep the place warm through the night on just a few logs.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by walt501

1/3 less wood hauled

1/3 less wood cut

How? It's a catalytic stove that basically uses wood like a cigarette burns tobacco. The smoke produced that would usually be lost up the chimney is ignited by the catalyst. This also leads to MUCH LESS chimney buildup. I can go outside when my stove is running and there is no smoke coming out of the chimney.

I've had mine for six years at my cabin and can attest to all my claims above. The ONLY downside is if you have a spouse that just must see the dancing flames, they'll be disappointed. Yes, there's flames at startup, but once the stove gets going there is no flame - just heat and lots of it.

Look over the stove reviews at hearth.com. One stove is mentioned more than any other.

[Linked Image]

When I was researching new stoves 5yrs ago, two things prevented me from buying a catalytic stove. The cost to replace the catalytic module and in order to take advantage of the catalytic feature, you have to run the stove at a very high temp.

Not all days require a full out burn.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I have an old Ember Hearth from the 1970's.

It has a blower that I have never hooked up.

Somebody at some point put long legs on it which suit the dog just fine. If the bottom ever falls out of that old relic he's gonna be in a world of hurt though.

Mike

At least nobody will trip on him
I have a Heatmasster 5000.
It was here when I bought the place.
It heats my house and a 30x50 ft pole barn with the barn having a concrete heated floor. There is a learning curve to heating with wood.
It has programmable thermostats and they are able to hold 5 different programs. Not for people who get confused easily.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I went fancy and got a Vermont Castings Encore. My parents had the same one. Love heating the house with it in the winter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by walt501

1/3 less wood hauled

1/3 less wood cut

[Linked Image]

When I was researching new stoves 5yrs ago, two things prevented me from buying a catalytic stove. The cost to replace the catalytic module and in order to take advantage of the catalytic feature, you have to run the stove at a very high temp.

Not all days require a full out burn.

You can burn at a lower temp with a cat stove. Buck I have you get it up to 500 for 30 minutes and the cat kicks in and you shut the air intake about off and the cat starts burning the smoke and the temp raises in the cat-box, not the entire stove. On a very cold night I have watched it go to 1500 degrees. Average day it burns at 1200 and then when it drops to about 400 you reload and bring it back up to operating temp.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My VC has a cat and it works well. The operating temp is only about 500 degrees. It’s great for burning a clean flame (smolder really) and burns wood efficiently. Much less smoke from the chimney but you can always surpass the cat if you want to.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
have had an atlanta stoveworks homesteader model, with hinged top. can cook on firebox if power goes out.

takes 24 inch wood, but wood cut at 22 inches is oh so much better.

ashpan, and thermostat. good stuff. cast-iron liners.

they use to build fisher stoves close by. always wanted a papa bear.

also thought lot's of the riteway stoves built up in virginia.

ashley stoves were also good. those were the days.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
We burn Harman pellet stoves in the house 1 upstairs is a fireplace insert one in basement rec room is free standing. Up at camp I have an old Vermont Casting Resolute wood stove with coal kit can burn wood during day and pea coal over night that way I do not need to throw wood on at 3:00 AM to keep camp warm. 4 tons of pellets most winters heats my home ($800 Nov. thru April 72 degrees)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10ring1, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,077
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.