Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow I would be grouchy if i had to drink most of what you all drink. I am a self-confessed coffee-holic. I roast my own green coffee beans, and don't let it get much beyond 2 weeks old. I also grind what I need each morning, and make the coffee in a French press. Right now I am drinking Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita. Smooth coffee, roasted fairly dark. Just makes me smile! Sorry if that makes me a snob! Oh, and black of course.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I grind my beans, typically Sumantran, and drink it black.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Use this same coffee maker. Folgers Classic, put as many grounds in the basket as it will hold without flowing over the top while brewing. Push the strong brew button when it is turned on. I like to get the first inch or 2 that drips through, good and strong. Couple of packets of Splenda and some heavy cream in a 12 oz Ozark Trail tumbler. I add more coffee as I drink it down. When coffee pot quits working, or if I just feel like it, I'll break out the camp pot and make a pot of Cowboy coffee. Even better. No "kiss your sister" coffee made here.

Not concerned about coffee breath . . . retired and try hard not to get that close to others.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Black and bitter in a porcelain mug

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Wow I would be grouchy if i had to drink most of what you all drink. I am a self-confessed coffee-holic. I roast my own green coffee beans, and don't let it get much beyond 2 weeks old. I also grind what I need each morning, and make the coffee in a French press. Right now I am drinking Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita. Smooth coffee, roasted fairly dark. Just makes me smile! Sorry if that makes me a snob! Oh, and black of course.

“ l’ll see you and raise you”! I grow my own Arabica Beans, hand-picked by lovely Colombian ladies, roasted in a large brick oven, hand ground by a “student of the art”, percolated to the proper color and ph, and served at 131 degrees F, in imported China Cups! grin Your not “snobbish”......Nothing wrong with settling for less than the best! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 09/23/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just had my daily on the road cup, pod Starbucks Pike Place with one yellow packet in a single wall titanium cup. Takes the edge of. Will chase it later with a low carb energy drink as needed. I'm pretty sure I am addicted to caffeine.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folgers Columbian from a French Press,....black of course.

I like the old Diner cups from yard sales and thrift stores.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I like my women. Dark, strong and not at all sweet.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Medium strenth without pollutants. When traveling, I do put a little hot chocolate in when buying convenience store coffee.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Strong and bitter like my wife

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Like I like my women. Dark, strong and not at all sweet.

Full-bodied....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, I just chew fresh-roasted beans - I win!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by fester
Strong and bitter like my wife

...I guess that's better than cold and bitter.....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Actually, I just chew fresh-roasted beans - I win!

Very hard to top that. That also means, you still have teeth....unlike many “fire” members! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No one chews it all up, can. and all? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I remember one Sunday about this time of year in 2007 listening to Moody Radio ( WCRF ) out of Cleveland, Ohio, they had the president of Moody on giving a sermon. He started out talking about coffee. When he was growing up he said coffee was hot, coffee was strong and coffee was black. If you put anything in it, it was called baby coffee. Now they even have pumpkin coffee! ( Horrors!!!! )
I never forgot that. I also agree with him.
For those who can't drink black coffee, try what my one foreman at work said. Force yourself to drink coffee black for two weeks, then go back to your old way. You'll never put anything in it again.

When you can get the last word with an echo, you may have the last word with your wife. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
If goose was the only meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians. - Lloyd Adams, waterfowl hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by memtb

“ l’ll see you and raise you”! I grow my own Arabica Beans, hand-picked by lovely Colombian ladies, roasted in a large brick oven, hand ground by a “student of the art”, percolated to the proper color and ph, and served at 131 degrees F, in imported China Cups! grin Your not “snobbish”......Nothing wrong with settling for less than the best! memtb

Ok you win!! I would love to be able to raise my own, process it, roast it, and drink it. But I can't. But i do have a good source for green coffee, organic, and as much as possible, fair trade. Most comes from co-ops that work together. It is just hard to beat a good fresh roast coffee. I can usually taste when it is getting old, usually around 2 weeks. It is like somebody told me once, treat coffee like a food. Would you eat bread that has been sitting out for 3 weeks....uh no. Same with my coffee! If I can't roast my own, I usually look for some other local roasted coffee, especially paying attention to the roasted date. Not the (expiration date).

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just one cup a day in the morning: Triple espresso using Illy Intenso 100% Arabica made in a Salvatore commercial espresso machine.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by memtb

Ok you win!! I would love to be able to raise my own, process it, roast it, and drink it. But I can't. But i do have a good source for green coffee, organic, and as much as possible, fair trade. Most comes from co-ops that work together. It is just hard to beat a good fresh roast coffee. I can usually taste when it is getting old, usually around 2 weeks. It is like somebody told me once, treat coffee like a food. Would you eat bread that has been sitting out for 3 weeks....uh no. Same with my coffee! If I can't roast my own, I usually look for some other local roasted coffee, especially paying attention to the roasted date. Not the (expiration date).

Jevryod, I hope that you know that I was just “messing with you”! Hell, I do my handloading with a “turret” press....Oh the horror! memtb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is pretty good stuff. All the small mom and pop stores have it around here. We brew a 10 cup pot every morning here at the house.

Last edited by champlain_islander; 09/23/19.

living the good life every day
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.