Print Thread
Hop To
B
bmoney Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Anyone have any experience with the 7.62x39 version of these rifles? Wood or synthetic? These synthetic ones are like 499 on Buds guns, kinda seem like a fun rifle. Most of the youtube video reviews I watched were all positive with the exception of the hardwood stocks developing a crack behind the tang. Seems like a good rifle for people who have a lot of 7.62 laying around. I have enough wood stock rifles, if I snag one of these it will be in the synthetic form.
https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/kulovnice/lite/cz-527-carbine-synthetic.html

Last edited by bmoney; 09/23/19.
HR IC

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've a walnut stocked version since 2001 and really like it. I've shot mostly cast bullets with a mold made for it so the base doesn't extend down in the powder chamber. Haven't got a shot at a deer but, it will definitely stop armadillos and coyotes with a 165 grain flat nose cast bullet. laugh I'm planning to take it out several times this year and maybe the deer will cooperate. wink

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
B
bmoney Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Awesome, thanks.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a wood one and LOVE it. Killed more deer with it than any of my other (more expensive) rifles.

It’s a great shooter and I adore the mini Mauser action. It’s allllll good.

God bless America.
B
bmoney Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by JackstrawIII
I have a wood one and LOVE it. Killed more deer with it than any of my other (more expensive) rifles.

It’s a great shooter and I adore the mini Mauser action. It’s allllll good.

Very cool, seems like a good little rig.

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I had one that cracked the stock. Sent it back and they replaced it no questions, and bedded the new stock to prevent the new one from cracking. Love the carbine in 7.62x39.

Just got a varmint model in 6.5 grendel that should make an excellent whitetail rifle as well. However, it does not feed or extract nearly as smooth as my carbine does. I dont know if it is the case shoulder or what... my father in law ordered the same gun and his also requires a crow bar to chamber a cartridge and lift the bolt after firing. Very accurate though.

B
bmoney Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by edapp
I had one that cracked the stock. Sent it back and they replaced it no questions, and bedded the new stock to prevent the new one from cracking. Love the carbine in 7.62x39.

Just got a varmint model in 6.5 grendel that should make an excellent whitetail rifle as well. However, it does not feed or extract nearly as smooth as my carbine does. I dont know if it is the case shoulder or what... my father in law ordered the same gun and his also requires a crow bar to chamber a cartridge and lift the bolt after firing. Very accurate though.

I saw a video where someone was having trouble with chambering with a 527 American in 7.62.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
All three I've spent range time with (223s and a x39) were rough as a gravel road, to cycle. I love the concept and design, but holy hell that’s a Debbie Downer on a rifle in that price range. Part of me still wants one, but I’ll probably have to resign myself to valve lapping the works or something, just to be happy with it. CRFs are traditionally smooth, and it’s hard for me to get past that feeling like I’m ‘hurting’ it, just to run the bolt. LOL

My buddy loves his x39 wood version, after it spent two weeks at the smith for action smoothing and trigger work. I’d look at a 6.5 or even re-working a 223 into a 6x45 or 6.8, if the mag would modify to feed the latter. I really liked the mannlicher version they dropped. Heck for handy, them or the Howa mini, it would seem.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 09/24/19.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 160user, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,096
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.