-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. House was burglarized once while we slept. Came in through a kitchen window. Hit several houses on the street, same night.
Traded shots with crypts in LA, when they tried to force entry to my home.
Delivered pizzas and had 6 attempted robberies. The one successful robber used a rifle aimed at my face, and a friend behind me with a machete.
Lost the same car twice. Disabled the run wire to the fuel pump after the first theft, with a toggle switch under the driver's seat. Car was found a couple miles away, doors open, lights on. Thief gave up trying to steal it.
Had a car stolen by the cops once. Took it off my property, claiming it had lost or stolen tags on it. (It had no tags at all. Due to never leaving that property. Not required on private property. )
My office was broken into, by breaking the lower pivot on the door, and leaving the contact magnet intact, while shifting the bottom of the door out of the hole. If he hadn't set off the motion detector, he would have gotten away. (Jailed).
Had a drunk answer the door with a shotgun at port arms, asking why he shouldn't take everything I had. Slid the pizza bag off my hand and showed the pistol in my fist. Another drunk from the poker table, took the shotgun from him and apologized. He said "it ain't even loaded. Just a prank." Told him " i would have apologized to his next of kin, had the barrel swung toward me. No way for me to know it wasn't loaded."
Had a car stolen from Kats Tires, while under thier watchful eye. Got the damaged car back, but none of the kids sports gear that filled the trunk.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Nope
Had some idiots phug w the front door.
Proly drunks looking for freinds house on same block.
If theyd have gotten in theyd have died.

The ol ladys job has gotten us all sorts of threats.

So we have to assume those coming in are there to do damage. Its all documented. I aint gonna ask questions either.

Not paranoid. Am watchful.

I mow my yard often while armed. Got retired neighbors that keep an eye on things too. Plus street lights and privacy fences....while not a fortress...... there are easier places to hit and get away from.

Idaho recently enacted a good strong castle doctrine law. We can defend our home, our cars, AND ourselves while at work. There's no requirement to retreat and there's no need to prove you feared for your life or your property.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been held up but someone did break into my camper shell while Christmas shopping at a mall one year.

They stole a Craftsman leaf blower that they had probably watched my put in the truck and then managed to crawl through the rear windows and get in the cab......stole my Ray Bans but missed a 41 Mag Mountain Gun behind the seat that I had just picked up from the gun shop.

In the thieves defense they didn't damage my truck or steal my new revolver so I wrote off the Ray Bans and Leaf Blower and went home.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If you mean "robbed" as in having something taken from me by force or threat of force then it has happened once and attempted once. The successful time I was 19 and working at a fast food place. It was just after the lunch rush and a customer walked in.

I looked up from stocking the front counter and into a snubnosed revolver. He demanded the money from the drawer which I was happy to provide. This was a white guy, any other race would have been quickly noticed in that neighborhood at that time.

The attempt was a few years earlier. It was the summer after my sophomore year in high school. I was in the street outside the house where I was meeting a group to leave on a canoe trip. I had just grabbed my bag and paddle and closed the trunk when a voice behind me said, "Give me the bag." I turned around and found a skinny, 20 something black kid pointing a knife at me. I tossed him the bag and took a swing at him with the paddle. I connected pretty good on the arm with the knife and gave him another whack. He dropped the knife and took off running.

The police were called but they did not find him before we left. The police did catch up to him at the hospital where he was being treated for a broken arm. It was four weeks later when I got home that I was able to identify him.

If you mean someone entered my home or vehicle and took something, that would be a burglary or theft, not a robbery. That was attempted once but I was home. I heard the guy enter and stopped him in the dining room and held him at gunpoint until the police arrived. It was a white guy which is not surprising as any other race was pretty rare in that community as either residents or passers by.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Had my truck broken into 8 times....couple guns and a spotting scope stolen...

Folks only tried to get in the house once. It didn't work...I was home.....

In Montana?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never robbed, burgled,
Had a few guns in my face but they weren't people robbing me. lol
I was usually somewhere I didn't belong or someone didnt appreciate my humor and insults or my tire marks . Lol

Did have a compressor gangked outta my truck bed at the Cracker Barrel.
Guess that dippy lowes air tank looked more valuable than those 3 Stanely-Bostich Ridgerunners. Got me while I was washing my hands in the crapper, otherwise my strategy was to ALWAYS sit at a window in view of my truck.

$200 air compressor...meh

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had truck stolen and about 5 grand worth of hunting gear and tools taken.

Happened in Fresno CA cops said that had trouble with the "hmong" gangs, funny how I never heard of them until Eastwood did the Grand Torino movie.

Ted
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had a guy attempt to rob me beside a truck stop west of Atlanta in the late 80's, he took off running when I pulled out an ol Ruger single six in 22 magnum, that kneeegar has been limping ever since.

Last edited by mirage243; 09/23/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never robbed. I have been burglarized a few times. One time damn near everything in my house was taken. They had to have a moving van. Had a push mower taken from my carport last winter. I hate a goddam thief with a blue balled passion.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/24/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some knunt stole my beer and prime steak from the fridge...thought about booby trapping the thing.. grin

then there are those sneaky workplace knunts that use all your milk.

and that knunt that stole my large combo work spanner in 1985.

and the work colleague knunt that stole my good stash of coin out of the truck console.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by old_willys
Had truck stolen and about 5 grand worth of hunting gear and tools taken.

Happened in Fresno CA cops said that had trouble with the "hmong" gangs, funny how I never heard of them until Eastwood did the Grand Torino movie.

Hmongs? Minneapolis Minn. and Sheboygan Wis. are full of them, Catholic churches and others sponsored their invasion.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Walking out of the woods from turkey hunting with my kid some scum bag broke into my truck and stole my backpack. SOBs took my Leupold binoculars my deer drag and myBuck knife given to me by my parents. Plus all the accumulated stuff I acquired for deer hunting in the pack. Had I come out of the woods a couple minutes sooner would have been interesting.

Another time the maid in our hotel room found the safe key that fell out of my pocket and stole $500 in cash and our travelers checks. “Consuelo” never admitted to the crime and ultimately lost $100 ( insurance paid $400) of the cash, the checks were replaced. Lesson learned don’t leave cash in the safe.

Last edited by Mike_S; 09/24/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a few traps stolen. I set a pond I should have known better than to have done and paid for it with the loss of a few Connibears. I had my apartment broken into once. They got a 10 1/2 inch Super Blackhawk and the dumbasses sold it in a local pawn shop and got busted for it. We had some frozen crab legs stolen out of the freezer in our garage. We had a little come to Jesus with the white scum that lived behind us. Went over there following the tracks in the snow. The dad was a blowhard and said he'd kick our ass until the Country Sheriff showed up just a couple minutes later. We'd made arrangements for him to meet us over there, and he was all ready well acquainted with this fine family. They lost the house to foreclosure several months later and never returned.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had all my tools, chainsaws, and other stuff taken from my garage about five years ago. I think it was the guys who had replaced my garage door a couple months prior. About a five grand loss, but insurance took pretty good care of me. Now have better tools and a better lick on the door.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, had thing stolen.

The worst have been business "deals', lied to by supposedly honest people. One or two bad deals.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
House once, and car once. Thief got a Ruger .22 Semi auto pistol from my locked car. Broke a window. Three years later, the thief made his woman mad. She called the cops and turned him in. Got the pistol back. I was amazed.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forgot to mention the break ins on both hunting cabins, lost a few long guns at one of the cabins, but got them back later. (Believe I have told the story of the satellite dish, and buzz-box here. ) we have pics of what a mess they made of the place. They stole old food, broke a gun case, ripped racks off the walls, but never touched @$1000.00 worth of art work on the walls.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Aside from getting robbed by the government, local, state, and federal, every time I have to pay some taxes, I've had a few things stolen, and pretty much know who stole them.

First was a toolbox full of tools, that was taken out of the bed of my pickup. Then was a compound bow, and arrows. Finally, a 223 Mini-Mauser, stolen out of my truck. In each case, I had a prime suspect, and if I were a betting man, I'd bet I was right. Never got anything back.

One of the "suspects" saw me packing a pistol one time, and asked me who I was going to shoot with it. I said to him......."the next SOB I catch stealing from me." After that he avoided me as if I had the plague.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
With a cabin, depending on how remote it is, you may as well not lock the door.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Every April 15th.

I get hit every 3 months by those same thieves.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,764
Posts18,495,635
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.