Home
Posted By: hanco Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
We had the house broken into, a couple of vehicles stolen. I was robbed at gun point about 1985 in Houston. He said “ Give me yo money or I’m gonna shoot yo ass.” You would never guess what color that fella was. So, have you been robbed?
Does burglarized by an inlaw count?
I've had stuff stolen from my yard and car, not the house or garage.
Someone took my gas cap off my Jeep today.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Had my truck broken into 8 times....couple guns and a spotting scope stolen...

Folks only tried to get in the house once. It didn't work...I was home.....
Every April 15th.
Aside from that, only vehicle burglaries.Knock on wood.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Every April 15th.

Same. Every year without fail
Posted By: ingwe Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Every April 15th.

Same. Every year without fail

Oh, yeah...forgot about that...I usually call it an ass reaming instead of robbery...
I was with Dad when his house got burglarized in Kansas City. We got rid of our good house in the burbs and got a farm. Then Dad wanted to work a few more years and got a house and a few acres on this bluff in this white trash neighborhood. I told him when he bought it that he'd be sorry. Sure enough. I'm pretty sure it was his neighbors.

Had my Trans Am broken into when I was working on the railroad in South Dallas. Cost me a hundred to replace the window. They missed $80 though and didn't get my stereo. My Super Blackhawk was in the trunk.
Nope
Had some idiots phug w the front door.
Proly drunks looking for freinds house on same block.
If theyd have gotten in theyd have died.

The ol ladys job has gotten us all sorts of threats.

So we have to assume those coming in are there to do damage. Its all documented. I aint gonna ask questions either.

Not paranoid. Am watchful.

I mow my yard often while armed. Got retired neighbors that keep an eye on things too. Plus street lights and privacy fences....while not a fortress...... there are easier places to hit and get away from.

Face to face? No.

Had people steal stuff from me on several occasions. But no stick up or mugging. Just lucky I guess or maybe I don't look like an easy mark.
knock on wood.
House got broken into when I was a kid.

Had a guy do the hand in the pocket thing in Rapid City while I was filling my gas tank. My gun was a few feet away, inside my car and I was standing there thinking "I'd give a dollar to know what you got in your pocket". I told him I didn't have any cash and after a bit he asked for beer or cigarettes. I thought "ah, negotiating; you lose".
Not face to face.

Hotel clerk stole our money from the hotel safe once.
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Does burglarized by an inlaw count?

Inlaw, outlaw, what's the difference? wink
Garage broken into....other house
Same place near a little tavern......some drunks wanting to shovel snow for beer money.....came to back door at night.

Good way to get shot.

Only had side fence.....one side, w alley behind. 2nd from corner but people would cut through. Yeah right

Punks in hoodies afraid to use sidewalk..,..my ass.
Look in garage and pick up anything left in yard.

Motion light only dropped the activity 50%
Posted By: Dess Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Las Vegas...the house always wins.

Ironically, I eloped in Las Vegas. Almost 28 years now. Call it even.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Back in the 1970s I had what I thought was a dream job for a kid who was a crazy baseball fan...being a sodey pop vendor at Candlestick Park for SF Giants games. First, it was a tough job, lugging a heavy tray up and down the stairs and dealing with lots of jerks. The worst part, though, was that I didn't know that there was a reason no vendors went out to the bleacher area. I noticed no one was out there and figured it would be a good place to sell lots of stuff fast. I was wrong...back then, they'd let the local kids from the projects into the bleachers for free and as soon as I crossed into the area, which was separated by a gate from the areas you had to pay to get to, I was swarmed and had my pockets emptied. Lost a few hundred bucks and learned a huge lesson.
Posted By: DBT Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Had a camera taken from my travel pack in a hotel room, I had left the next morning only to discover the camera gone at the next stoppover.
45 right in my face till I opened the cash register. First real job just out of highschool worked at an old style full service gas station where the cash register was out in the pump islands.

The hole in the barrel looks like the size of a canon when your staring down it in fear your about to be shot.

Cops caught the scum a few hours later passed out in the parking lot of a liquor store after shooting up some junk.
House burglarized twice. Lost 6 guns and a bunch of other stuff. Both times in Burley, Idaho. A few guns were recovered in the possession of Illegal alien who also had several ounces of meth. And also recovered from some other high class people with long records. I don't think any were ever prosecuted.

Also mugged once in Johannesburg in 1992 and mugged again in Pretoria in 2008.

Bb
Yes. House was burglarized once while we slept. Came in through a kitchen window. Hit several houses on the street, same night.
Traded shots with crypts in LA, when they tried to force entry to my home.
Delivered pizzas and had 6 attempted robberies. The one successful robber used a rifle aimed at my face, and a friend behind me with a machete.
Lost the same car twice. Disabled the run wire to the fuel pump after the first theft, with a toggle switch under the driver's seat. Car was found a couple miles away, doors open, lights on. Thief gave up trying to steal it.
Had a car stolen by the cops once. Took it off my property, claiming it had lost or stolen tags on it. (It had no tags at all. Due to never leaving that property. Not required on private property. )
My office was broken into, by breaking the lower pivot on the door, and leaving the contact magnet intact, while shifting the bottom of the door out of the hole. If he hadn't set off the motion detector, he would have gotten away. (Jailed).
Had a drunk answer the door with a shotgun at port arms, asking why he shouldn't take everything I had. Slid the pizza bag off my hand and showed the pistol in my fist. Another drunk from the poker table, took the shotgun from him and apologized. He said "it ain't even loaded. Just a prank." Told him " i would have apologized to his next of kin, had the barrel swung toward me. No way for me to know it wasn't loaded."
Had a car stolen from Kats Tires, while under thier watchful eye. Got the damaged car back, but none of the kids sports gear that filled the trunk.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Nope
Had some idiots phug w the front door.
Proly drunks looking for freinds house on same block.
If theyd have gotten in theyd have died.

The ol ladys job has gotten us all sorts of threats.

So we have to assume those coming in are there to do damage. Its all documented. I aint gonna ask questions either.

Not paranoid. Am watchful.

I mow my yard often while armed. Got retired neighbors that keep an eye on things too. Plus street lights and privacy fences....while not a fortress...... there are easier places to hit and get away from.

Idaho recently enacted a good strong castle doctrine law. We can defend our home, our cars, AND ourselves while at work. There's no requirement to retreat and there's no need to prove you feared for your life or your property.
Never been held up but someone did break into my camper shell while Christmas shopping at a mall one year.

They stole a Craftsman leaf blower that they had probably watched my put in the truck and then managed to crawl through the rear windows and get in the cab......stole my Ray Bans but missed a 41 Mag Mountain Gun behind the seat that I had just picked up from the gun shop.

In the thieves defense they didn't damage my truck or steal my new revolver so I wrote off the Ray Bans and Leaf Blower and went home.
If you mean "robbed" as in having something taken from me by force or threat of force then it has happened once and attempted once. The successful time I was 19 and working at a fast food place. It was just after the lunch rush and a customer walked in.

I looked up from stocking the front counter and into a snubnosed revolver. He demanded the money from the drawer which I was happy to provide. This was a white guy, any other race would have been quickly noticed in that neighborhood at that time.

The attempt was a few years earlier. It was the summer after my sophomore year in high school. I was in the street outside the house where I was meeting a group to leave on a canoe trip. I had just grabbed my bag and paddle and closed the trunk when a voice behind me said, "Give me the bag." I turned around and found a skinny, 20 something black kid pointing a knife at me. I tossed him the bag and took a swing at him with the paddle. I connected pretty good on the arm with the knife and gave him another whack. He dropped the knife and took off running.

The police were called but they did not find him before we left. The police did catch up to him at the hospital where he was being treated for a broken arm. It was four weeks later when I got home that I was able to identify him.

If you mean someone entered my home or vehicle and took something, that would be a burglary or theft, not a robbery. That was attempted once but I was home. I heard the guy enter and stopped him in the dining room and held him at gunpoint until the police arrived. It was a white guy which is not surprising as any other race was pretty rare in that community as either residents or passers by.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Had my truck broken into 8 times....couple guns and a spotting scope stolen...

Folks only tried to get in the house once. It didn't work...I was home.....

In Montana?
Never robbed, burgled,
Had a few guns in my face but they weren't people robbing me. lol
I was usually somewhere I didn't belong or someone didnt appreciate my humor and insults or my tire marks . Lol

Did have a compressor gangked outta my truck bed at the Cracker Barrel.
Guess that dippy lowes air tank looked more valuable than those 3 Stanely-Bostich Ridgerunners. Got me while I was washing my hands in the crapper, otherwise my strategy was to ALWAYS sit at a window in view of my truck.

$200 air compressor...meh
Had truck stolen and about 5 grand worth of hunting gear and tools taken.

Happened in Fresno CA cops said that had trouble with the "hmong" gangs, funny how I never heard of them until Eastwood did the Grand Torino movie.
I had a guy attempt to rob me beside a truck stop west of Atlanta in the late 80's, he took off running when I pulled out an ol Ruger single six in 22 magnum, that kneeegar has been limping ever since.
Never robbed. I have been burglarized a few times. One time damn near everything in my house was taken. They had to have a moving van. Had a push mower taken from my carport last winter. I hate a goddam thief with a blue balled passion.
Some knunt stole my beer and prime steak from the fridge...thought about booby trapping the thing.. grin

then there are those sneaky workplace knunts that use all your milk.

and that knunt that stole my large combo work spanner in 1985.

and the work colleague knunt that stole my good stash of coin out of the truck console.

Originally Posted by old_willys
Had truck stolen and about 5 grand worth of hunting gear and tools taken.

Happened in Fresno CA cops said that had trouble with the "hmong" gangs, funny how I never heard of them until Eastwood did the Grand Torino movie.

Hmongs? Minneapolis Minn. and Sheboygan Wis. are full of them, Catholic churches and others sponsored their invasion.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Walking out of the woods from turkey hunting with my kid some scum bag broke into my truck and stole my backpack. SOBs took my Leupold binoculars my deer drag and myBuck knife given to me by my parents. Plus all the accumulated stuff I acquired for deer hunting in the pack. Had I come out of the woods a couple minutes sooner would have been interesting.

Another time the maid in our hotel room found the safe key that fell out of my pocket and stole $500 in cash and our travelers checks. “Consuelo” never admitted to the crime and ultimately lost $100 ( insurance paid $400) of the cash, the checks were replaced. Lesson learned don’t leave cash in the safe.
I had a few traps stolen. I set a pond I should have known better than to have done and paid for it with the loss of a few Connibears. I had my apartment broken into once. They got a 10 1/2 inch Super Blackhawk and the dumbasses sold it in a local pawn shop and got busted for it. We had some frozen crab legs stolen out of the freezer in our garage. We had a little come to Jesus with the white scum that lived behind us. Went over there following the tracks in the snow. The dad was a blowhard and said he'd kick our ass until the Country Sheriff showed up just a couple minutes later. We'd made arrangements for him to meet us over there, and he was all ready well acquainted with this fine family. They lost the house to foreclosure several months later and never returned.
Had all my tools, chainsaws, and other stuff taken from my garage about five years ago. I think it was the guys who had replaced my garage door a couple months prior. About a five grand loss, but insurance took pretty good care of me. Now have better tools and a better lick on the door.
Yes, had thing stolen.

The worst have been business "deals', lied to by supposedly honest people. One or two bad deals.
House once, and car once. Thief got a Ruger .22 Semi auto pistol from my locked car. Broke a window. Three years later, the thief made his woman mad. She called the cops and turned him in. Got the pistol back. I was amazed.
Forgot to mention the break ins on both hunting cabins, lost a few long guns at one of the cabins, but got them back later. (Believe I have told the story of the satellite dish, and buzz-box here. ) we have pics of what a mess they made of the place. They stole old food, broke a gun case, ripped racks off the walls, but never touched @$1000.00 worth of art work on the walls.
Aside from getting robbed by the government, local, state, and federal, every time I have to pay some taxes, I've had a few things stolen, and pretty much know who stole them.

First was a toolbox full of tools, that was taken out of the bed of my pickup. Then was a compound bow, and arrows. Finally, a 223 Mini-Mauser, stolen out of my truck. In each case, I had a prime suspect, and if I were a betting man, I'd bet I was right. Never got anything back.

One of the "suspects" saw me packing a pistol one time, and asked me who I was going to shoot with it. I said to him......."the next SOB I catch stealing from me." After that he avoided me as if I had the plague.
With a cabin, depending on how remote it is, you may as well not lock the door.
Every April 15th.

I get hit every 3 months by those same thieves.
I was robbed by evil #2 wife. I have forgiven her in the biblical sense. Conniving bitch
When I was 23, Moved from Ketchum Idaho to Las Vegas. Decided I want to live in the big city. First month there, black fellow comes up and asks for a cigarette. Sure, says I and look down to reach into my pocket to give him one. He grabbed me by the throat and demanded my wallet.

After a second of shock (truly a dummass and unaware these things might happen) I took a look at him and decided fugg this and we started fighting. At some point he had me pushed against a wall with his head down. I was dropping bombs all over the sides and back of his head. He pulled out a knife and cut a whole in my pants. Didn't touch flesh, not sure how that happened. Anyway, my wallet fell out onto the ground and he grabbed it and started to leave.

Having no credit cards, and my cash being in my back pocket I followed him, pulled out my cash and started taunting him, asking if he wanted to come back and try again. He stopped about 20 yards away, looked at me for a split second considering it, dropped my wallet and ran off.

He took a lot of abuse to come up empty. Lucky dummass from Idaho learned a lot about the big city and life on that day...
Nope local rumor has it that I am locked and loaded and not afraid to shoot. Hopefully that will keep me safe and free from a home invasion. I am not worried about a car hijacking or mugging because I am sure I will have enough protection to thwart that. Always prepared and make an effort to stay away from sketchy places.
Had our place burglarized last Dec. We got home 30 minutes after he left. He only went into an outbuilding.

He didn't get much, 3 cans of gasoline and the front half of a pole saw. He also got my undivided attention.

Cameras are your friend. We had good video. He was identified and arrested pretty quickly.

Would be a better world if we didn't have to worry about thieves.
I am in the North Carolina mountains. This is great ginseng growing territory.
So I had planted quite a crop of ginseng. And one day, I saw an old beat up pickup parked at the bottom of the mountain, I knew it was ginseng thieves. I got the tag and called 911.
Then, I went back down there, and in 15 minutes I caught the two ginseng pirates, coming out of the woods. They had just started pulling my ginseng out of their pockets, when the Law arrived. They got about $1,600 worth of ginseng from the two hillbillies, and they cuffed 'em up.

And I told the cops "Good job now I need to get my ginseng back."
And the cops told me they had to keep the ginseng for evidence. And I never got my ginseng back.

I was robbed by hillbillies, and I was robbed by the Law.
Only once, on the beach at night, Lomé Togo, West Africa. Maybe 1982.

Lomé was a tourist resort, tourist would go down on the beach at night to smoke weed which was illegal, I weren’t a toker but I was there. Me and a friend were held up a knifepoint by a probably off-duty soldier in fatigues. I don’t recall this being a catastrophic event so I was prob’ly only carrying a small amount of cash. More to the point, Togo st that time was under the control of a strongman; Gnassibe Eyedema. I always figured that soldier was running a real risk messing even marginally with Eyedema’s income stream.

In my village I left my running shoes on my front porch and they were taken. An eldery African friend of some influence put it out that he was going to a notorious witchcraft village to curse the thief. Shoes came back the same day.

No such luck with my bucket a year or two later, my whole monthly salary in Ghanaian Cedis wouldnt but me another. Over there you need your bucket for practically everything.

Knock on wood no thefts where I live over the 20 years ive been here, minimal security, often leave car doors unlocked,,and I live in a sorta ‘Hood.
Ask another way, have I ever filled 6 five gallon buckets with chum made from would be robbers? no, not yet, and hopefully never. smile
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I was robbed by evil #2 wife. I have forgiven her in the biblical sense. Conniving bitch

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part crazy
I knew a fellow who was getting hit by some local thieves on a fairly regular basis. He knew who they were, but could get no proof, and this was back in the day before security cameras were available. So, one day at the local country store,when the suspected thieves were in there, and he asked the owner if he had any electrical wire for sale. The owner said no, and asked him what he was wiring up. The guy said he was tired of people stealing from him, so he was going to put some hot wires around hoping that would stop the thieves. One of the suspected thieves spoke up and said "you're going to kill somebody if you do that." The man said........not unless they're stealing from me.

He said that stopped the thefts completely.
Robbed? yes as a 12 yr old riding a bike where I should not have...cost me a quarter...all I had in those days.
burgled? yes...house broken into while on vacation....lost lots of family items..old family silver..jewelry...done by next door neighbor...cops caught him but magistrate turned him loose with out bond and he disappeared. But I got some revenge a year later...guy knocked on door one day and introduced himself...said his grandmother had lived next door when he was kid and his niece lived there now...asked about neighborhood...now this guy was a retired Air Force Chaplin who was kind of naive...asked him in and we talked about his niece and her boyfriend the thief. Seems no one in the family knew where they were or why they had skipped town...when he left he was quite embarrassed about his niece and boyfriend.
Last two trucks broken into and pistols stolen. Got one back but still missing the last one. Last one was in my back yard at garage with my Lab asleep 10 feet away. Still don't know how they got in truck...I KNOW it was locked but no damage......finally learned not to leave firearms in outside truck at night..
Posted By: papat Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
My oldest son for way too many years. His mother has to take care of him now. Only right since she made him what he is.
If I weren't paranoid enough already, I am now after reading here. Dad was a do gooder and helped some "reformed" convicts by giving them a few bucks to help move stuff. Trouble was we used my truck and a real coincidence occurred a week later when I lost my stereo. Lost a battery out of the truck another time. Most exciting was a home invasion six years ago yesterday. I got 15 stitches and a scar out of that deal, but the guy they caught got 5 years in prison with 10 years probation. Judge told the guy that he was lucky because I was in the process of getting my handgun. I bought that police dog a bag of dog briskets for tracking that guy down.

I did have a 21 year old step son living with us and after drugs and booze got hold of him he would take anything that wasn't nailed down. I had to shower with my wallet and lock up everything. Damn kid blighted my first shotgun by sticking it in his mouth and pulling the trigger. Both are gone now, but of the two, I don't miss the kid.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
I've had some stuff stolen......my Stihl FS-250 brushcutter/weedeater probably the most recent as well as valuable thing. I've never been mugged like Nemo.....that is a whole higher level of offense IMO.
The only ones to ever successfully steal from me were all family.

Did have 3 black guys try to rob me one night at a convenience store. They came up to my window while I was preoccupied with the radio. One of them yanked the door open, while another went to reach in to pull me out, but I met him with the Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum that I had under my leg. I swear that I will remember to my dying day the look on his face when I cocked the hammer back with the gun right in his face. His eyes about popped out of his head, he screamed "Oh [bleep], the cracker got a gun!", and all 3 took off like I was trying to make them go to work. I guess I should have shot them, but I was laughing so hard that I doubt I could have hit them if I had tried.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Ok pretty dumb but it’s all I’ve got. Me and roommate pick up 2 chicks at a bar, skinny hard rode one first approached me, she had a plumper but prettier wing girl.

When we got them home under better lighting, oh sheesh did I need to make the switch. My buddy didn’t care he’d screw a knothole.

So the switch happened. When I awoke in the morning and began to get my bearings, I noticed a pair of my pants were gone and some other really trivial stuff.

I was early 20’s fellas and groggy, not zen like I am now days.

So I made blondie take me where skinny was.

Trailer park ? What’re the odds 🤷🏻‍♂️

So in I go and her and some other dude are tokin it up. Tell her it’s not fing funny I want my chit. Ok, ok she says let me go get it, so she slips off into the bedroom. Spidey sense tingling, I went and positioned myself right offside the bedroom door. Friend or whatever decides to get up, but one peek at the security six and he decided he’s comfortable where he’s at.

Sure enough, here comes a shotgun barrel leading out the door 🙄

So I grab it wrench it hard out of her hands and tell her I want my stuff.

This time I got it and left and took blondie to her home. Maybe should have taken the shotgun, but I didn’t want anymore trouble, legal or otherwise.

What a blessed life that’s the only time I’ve been robbed. Think racking a slide may have prevented a potential robbery or two, but I’ll guess we’ll never know as the parties that heard it decided there were better places to be.
Never robbed but stolen from way too much. Truck broken into twice at trailheads and some nice gear stolen, home burglary once. We have owned 2 vacation homes that were broken into repeatedly, got rid of those. Had a 4Runner stolen from my driveway. I hate thieves.

mike r
Posted By: joken2 Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19

Only face to face robbery attempt was back as a kid of around 11 - 12 years old, in Chicago in Lincoln Park, a group of Black kids tried to take my bicycle away from me. When I resisted they gave up and left me alone. All verbal, nothing physical happened.

The only successful thievery I can recall happened here locally years ago at a little Christmas get-together at a family friend's house. We left the presents brought for exchange later in our car parked on the street right outside their house. When time came to exchange I went out to get them and every last present was gone. The car wasn't broken into or damaged in any way so either I or wife or maybe both of us must have left our door unlocked (2 dr vehicle).
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I was with Dad when his house got burglarized in Kansas City. We got rid of our good house in the burbs and got a farm. Then Dad wanted to work a few more years and got a house and a few acres on this bluff in this white trash neighborhood. I told him when he bought it that he'd be sorry. Sure enough. I'm pretty sure it was his neighbors.

Had my Trans Am broken into when I was working on the railroad in South Dallas. Cost me a hundred to replace the window. They missed $80 though and didn't get my stereo. My Super Blackhawk was in the trunk.

You have to watch out for those Irish gangs in South Dallas.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
🤦🏼‍♂️ Ok pretty dumb but it’s all I’ve got. Me and roommate pick up 2 chicks at a bar, skinny hard rode one first approached me, she had a plumper but prettier wing girl.

When we got them home under better lighting, oh sheesh did I need to make the switch. My buddy didn’t care he’d screw a knothole.

So the switch happened. When I awoke in the morning and began to get my bearings, I noticed a pair of my pants were gone and some other really trivial stuff.

I was early 20’s fellas and groggy, not zen like I am now days.

So I made blondie take me where skinny was.

Trailer park ? What’re the odds 🤷🏻‍♂️

So in I go and her and some other dude are tokin it up. Tell her it’s not fing funny I want my chit. Ok, ok she says let me go get it, so she slips off into the bedroom. Spidey sense tingling, I went and positioned myself right offside the bedroom door. Friend or whatever decides to get up, but one peek at the security six and he decided he’s comfortable where he’s at.

Sure enough, here comes a shotgun barrel leading out the door 🙄

So I grab it wrench it hard out of her hands and tell her I want my stuff.

This time I got it and left and took blondie to her home. Maybe should have taken the shotgun, but I didn’t want anymore trouble, legal or otherwise.

What a blessed life that’s the only time I’ve been robbed. Think racking a slide may have prevented a potential robbery or two, but I’ll guess we’ll never know as the parties that heard it decided there were better places to be.

Guy I used to work with had something similar happen to him except he was still married at the time.

Picked up what he believed was a"easy" woman in a bar one night after he got off work, drove a good ways out on a country road, she turned the tables on him and pulled a knife out and robbed him, took all his clothes and truck, leaving him with just his underwear and t-shirt and walking in the dark down a old country road.

Yes, he had a WHOLE lot of explaining and lying to do.
I got robbed of everything I owned, but her lawyer called it a "Divorce". Karma's a beeyotch- - - - -I heard she died a penniless drunk!
Jerry
Never robbed. Been tried once. Was working nights at a Hardee’s for extra Christmas money, second full time job. It was just after midnight, me and one other person in the place, I worked counter and drive up, the other guy worked the kitchen. This carload of “disadvantaged youths” (dindus) pulled up to the window after ordering a bunch of food, got a bad vibe right off, they were all jittery and talking loud. It occurred to me that no money was in any of their hands. Odd, since most customers came to the window with either cash in hand or getting it there. Well, I was carrying a Colt Officer’s Model .45, and they made me really uncomfortable, so I had it in my hand when the driver flashed a gun and told me to just give them the food. The entire carload of them started screaming that it was just a toy as soon as my .45 became visible above the window sill, and they sped off. All this happened a lot faster than it took to type it out. Never called the cops or told the coworker, that would have just created problems for me. Hardee’s would have been pissed that I was carrying at work.

I was young. Now, I don’t go places to get robbed, especially at night, and if I did work someplace like that, I would simply throw the food or drinks at them as I was on my way to the floor. Not worth the hassle of the gunfight or the schitstorm that would follow. If they came inside, then all bets are off, but if you can just make them leave without hurting anyone. it’s easier on you. I try not to do dumb schit anymore, figure my guardian angel is probably a tired old man by now, after all the schit I put him through.
Hanco: After serving my former community for 29 years as a police officer in a "first class" city I can take you directly to your implied contention - YES... there are WAY, WAY, WAY to many thieves and robbers in our society/country!
The 3 strikes and your out laws (incarcerated forever!) should be strictly and fairly applied to thieves and robbers who's crimes amount to felonies - [bleep]'EM!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: No never been "robbed".
Yes, by my alcoholic brother. Nice, huh?
Posted By: EdM Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
When I was a kid someone stole my BMX bicycle. That’s it.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Originally Posted by hanco
We had the house broken into, a couple of vehicles stolen. I was robbed at gun point about 1985 in Houston. He said “ Give me yo money or I’m gonna shoot yo ass.” You would never guess what color that fella was. So, have you been robbed?

Had a similar experience with the guy's brother. He asked if I knew what this is as he displayed a nickle plated Smith 39, that I was soon to find out had the chamber loaded. Wanting a closer look I took it away from him after some "discussion". He was surprised I liked it so well and gave it to me, but later I thought the cops would also appreciate it and gave it to them. Believe that's what started my hearing to fail. I hope he has the same feature.
Three strikes is two too many- - - - -sort of like there's no second-offense punishment for drug crimes in Singapore- - - - -they hang 'em the first time! Robbers who assume room temperature during their first try don't pose any threat to their next potential victim.
Jerry
Posted By: gunzo Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
We had a Stihl weed eater stolen out of the shed. Wife still thinks I hauled it off & threw it off a bridge.
Not robbed but had a couple of vehicles broken into. Didn't lose anything major. The first one, a cop actually saw the kid in my car trying to steal my stereo.

At our former house, I had kids breaking into the garage and stealing beer out of the fridge. Not a big deal. Then one of them got stupid and stole all my tools and fishing tackle. I spent the rest of the summer proving that little scum bag did it.Town cops were no help. They'd rather sit on the 4 lane hi-way that runs through town and write people tickets for going 47 in a 45 zone.

His parents believed he could do no wrong and "he was such a good, caring boy." They were POS's too. Had to get a county detective involved. I got most of my stuff back except my box of Rapala's.

That slimy punk OD'd a couple of years ago.
Posted By: jpb Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Originally Posted by Rooster7
At our former house, I had kids breaking into the garage and stealing beer out of the fridge.

Same thing happened to my dad's beer fridge when I was a kid. mad

Dad borrowed a capper from a guy who brewed his own beer, and then I helped him fill some Molson Canadian beer bottles with piss. whistle

We capped them, then put them in the fridge. sick laugh

I remember my dad saying we couldn't use Carling Black Label beer bottles because the thief would never realize that we'd tampered with the contents and would just keep coming back for more. whistle grin

This was about 45-48 years ago, and dad still has the same opinion about Carling Black Label.

Still has the same wicked sense of humor too - just have to mention Justin Trudeau to get him started about the limp-wristed substitute drama teacher. mad smile

John

This thread reminds me of this Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood song, "Summer Wine."

"When I woke up the sun was shining in my eyes
The room was empty, and my head felt twice its size
She took my silver spurs, a dollar and a dime
And left me praying for, more summer wine..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiISrw2GTXE
Never robbed

Had my pickup broken into at a Nashville motel, on
the last night of our honeymoon.
Stole a pile of crap we had bought there and in Myrtle Beach.
And my small tool box, with Craftsman and Klien tools.

The one that pisses me off is a 1/2" stainless steel ratchet.
Expensive bigger Craftsman made for awhile, I really liked it, and
You never see any for sale.

Sure glad I don't live where a bunch of you do.
Knew of an a/c mechanic, lived in the barracks, had a really nice Chevelle. His stereo got stolen out of it. So, he replaced it and the same thing happened. This time, he soldered some treble hooks on the back of it, soldered a piece of cable to it that he bolted way up under the dash, then installed the stereo He also put in a silent alarm.

His silent alarm went off one night, went out in the parking lot, some dude on his knees in in the drivers door, howling like a stuck cat. He kicked him a few times, called the MP's. He had to crawl up under the dash and unbolt the cable.

They cuffed the guy, took him to the ER and had the stereo cut out of his hand, and booked him. I heard the guy went to Leavenworth but dont know for sure. There was a rash of stereo's being stolen out of cars in that parking lot, it seemed to have ended that night.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/24/19
Attempted robbery in 91. I was just back from Desert Storm and had been camping and fishing some desert lakes in eastern WA. Stopped at Elk Heights rest stop about 1130 at night and three latinos with a knife asked to talk to me. The 1911 dissuaded them. The WA troopers took them away. No muss no fuss.

Burgled? Yes, our camp in WV about 5 years ago. Just stuff except the fishing rod my grandfather built for me for my 13th birthday.

I still want them dead. I want their families dead and I want all their friends that knew they were thieves dead. Serious. We'd have a lot less robberies if we terminated these useless POS's in place and terminated some gene pools
Posted By: ERK Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/25/19
Over the course of a winter somebody got 6000 gallons of diesel fuel from my farm. It was about 3.00 per gallon then. Ed k
Couple of break ins, guns only stolen on one, little bit of cash on the second. Have been confronted several times and they became remarkably courteous within seconds. One was in such a hurry he drove his sedan into a phone pole.
Posted By: sse Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/25/19
babysitter stole some jewelry once
bought a lb of bacon
bought a beer at the ball park
Posted By: hanco Re: Have you ever been robbed?? - 09/25/19
Sounds like a lot of us have been ripped off one way or another!
I'm surprised our camp in Pennsylvania's never been broken into. We don't leave anything in there that's much worth stealing though. If nothing else, you'd think in the 65 years our family's had that hunting shack, the bears would have raided us once. We used to put bear boards up when we pulled out, but we haven't done that in decades.

Yep.
So far no. I honestly believe I stopped a robbery when I slid my hand down in my fanny pack holster. The guy staring at me and my wife lost all interest in us PDQ.
© 24hourcampfire